Good article on QB scouting process and how we chose Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, May 3, 2021.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HomeoftheJets and legler82 like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Wilson didn't have multiple shoulder surgeries. Get the facts straight or quit stretching the truth. We've had enough of your negativity and BS.

cval and GasedAndConfused like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

You really are pathetic. It isn't about being "Snuggle soft." It's about not being Mr. Negative. This board is great and the mods try to keep things civil and respectful. Which we should do without having to have mods call us out. Many of us can improve in that area, especially me, and I'm working on it. It will make for a better, more enjoyable site. This site is much better than it was 10 years ago when it was a negative, caustic cesspool. If you, Vilma and others don't like the way the site is now, you're free to change your posting style, lurk, or go post elsewhere. Thankfully, the moderators are not going to tolerate posters being nasty to each other and trying to force people to leave as some of the posters here advocated in the political thread.

5. NCJetsfan

The opposite opinion is that some of you guys need to grow up and you may need some professional help, because some of your negativity and anti-social attitudes are taking on the level of pathological.

6. NCJetsfan

Exactly! The hypocrisy and lack of intellectual integrity in some posters is appalling. They know they're lying and making shit up, and don't care. They are mentally ill, taking delight in trolling others, and then calling us "soft" or sensitive, when in fact they are displaying sociopathic tendencies. This site would definitely be better without them!

7. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Ron were you just signing your name at the end there, or are were you also drafted in the first round? If the latter: congrats! :D

8. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

We're all fans of the Jets. We all, each and every one of us, need professional help.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great article! Thanks for sharing, @GasedAndConfused. I somehow missed it until today. I like the process the Jets went with. It led them to Zach Wilson. Now they just need to keep building around him. Great start so far.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

jets really did their homework. JD isn't the type of guy to do anything half-assed if you ask me. and I think they made the right choice here.

The funny thing is nobody has nay issue with his game. the only complaints i've seen are his size and injury history. and the jets medical staff cleared him so i feel good with it. as far as size I remember when russell wilson was in the draft and a scout asked what is there not to like about wilson other then his size? and nobody had any answers so he drafted him and look how that turned out

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's a poor comparison, considering Russell Wilson's concerns were pertaining to his height and ability to see over the line not his size as it relates to durability. He was a four year college starter with no injury history.

And obviously the entire NFL missed on him. Zach Wilson went second overall as we all know.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

wilson also isn't "small" it's an overblown thing here. he isn't the prototype 6-6 pocket statue but that build is dead in modern NFL. he's average size for an NFL QB and can add some weight too. derek carr was smaller then wilson coming out of college and has been plenty durable.

Perfect example is brett favre who is the NFLs iron man with his durability.
    out of college he was 6-2 217lbs and had injury flags. wilson is 6-2 214 lbs it's a 3 lbs difference which is nothing really

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

They aren't interested in facts that don't suit their agenda!

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

You're trying to compare a prospect from 30 years ago that had flags because of a car accident and some questionable character concerns. Another bad comparison.

The questions are legitimate. And they may prove to be illegitimate if he stays healthy and performs. But you're not doing your argument any favors by comparing apples to oranges with Favre and Russell Wilson.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

You just posted an article with an NFL executive that questions Wilsons's size dopey.

Lol

#115 Jonathan_Vilma, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    legler82 likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well I would "Like" your post, but I don't agree that anyone is "mentally ill" or "sociopathic". Being an asshole doesn't indicate either IMO. Although of course you CAN be an asshole AND sociopathic/mentally ill...I just don't think anyone here qualifies (not that I'm a psychiatrist).

But certainly they;re being intellectually dishonest when they deny being negative or engaing in naecalling. Just because you use a gif or other media, doesn't negte the name-calling aspect of the insult. It just shows how little else they have to contribute to the discussion.

This site used to be a place where I enjoyed coming to learn things I didn't know, and to contribute what I did know (or at least thought I knew!), but much of the past few months has just been a chore, trying to wade through reasonable posts, while trying not to get bogged down in the flame throwing. I probably need to take a break for a while.

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Nearly EVERY scouting report makes some reference Wilson’s size and prior injuries as a concern. If one can accept that part of the scouting reports that state he is the next Mahomes/Rodgers, then I think one has to also accept validity of those concerns. Seems like common sense to me but common sense is not so common.

18. NCJetsfan

That's fair. I knew that not everyone would agree. IMO someone is mentally ill when they cannot engage in an honest, intellectual discussion, and instead persist in lying, trolling and being a "negative nancy" when they know that others are tired of it. We know where they stand on Wilson. They don't need to go on and on like a broken record. It shows a total lack of respect or consideration for others. It's very narcissistic and a type or degree of sociopathy.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. NCJetsfan

I know that at least one NFL exec questioned Wilson's size. It's a valid point to consider, but is overblown when he is the same size as many other QBs, and it only needed to be pointed out once, not 100 times. You're the dopey one.