Do you mind sharing a stadium with the Giants?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, May 6, 2021.

1. Odessa83

Odessa83 Member

I’m all for the Jets coming back home and getting their own stadium. At this point , I could careless if they rebuilt the polo grounds. At least it would be theirs. I hate the fact they share a stadium with the Giants . It’s just not a good look.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

In the famous words of Woody Johnson we are the NY Jets and we will build a stadium in NY. We play in NJ in Giants Stadium 2! Thanks Woody

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

....just wanted to read that again! Fucker got home confinement 2 days ago and is already heading back to the Fed's slammer! Couldn't be happier. What a total scum bag.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

All we gotta do is start winning games and the G-fans will be like "It sucks playing our games in the Jets' stadium"

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Generally Jets fans don’t bitch about it either until someone happens to make a thread about it every 6 months or so.

We’ve got bigger fish to fry, but it does add to the Jets mystique.

Bad on the field moves. Bad off the field moves. Bad field (stadium/turf/roommates).

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  6. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

That's not true. Plenty of them bitch.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've managed to go my whole life without hearing it. I've heard them bitch plenty, but not about sharing a stadium.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Winning cures everything. What sucks is not being the best team that plays in your stadium. How many stadiums can this metro area support? Also, the shared stadium absolutely should have had a retractable roof. Not having one was criminal. I've written two book's worths of complaints about this over on the "New Stadium Thread" going back 12 years. Believe it or not i even contacted the company building it asking about elevators and escalators (which are pathetic) back when it was being built. :p

9. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

I did not hear about that but that is some sweet news! Let him rot. Not that the stadium issue bugs me or anything.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't really care about sharing the stadium. I care way more about awful it is. Look at the stadiums around the league and then look at ours.. its awful

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think we need to wake up and smell the roses here. This is a NJ team, not NY. NY is just marketing label. All facilities are in NJ. Practice, offices, etc... They go to NY for some media days, that's it. This is a NJ team with NY name on it for marketing, just like Red Bulls in soccer. This stadium has a lot of access to get to from anywhere, huge parking lot to tailgate in, plenty of food vendors inside, corporate booths, and can fit a lot of people in (80K). No more Giants stadium label. When Jets are in 8 times a year, the whole thing is gang green. The only thing I wish they did since they spent all this money building a new is build a roof to improve experience in case of rain. Other than that what can improve experience is them actually playing well there!

I get it, we are the Jets fans and we always complain, but honestly, every time I went to this stadium to watch a game, the last thing that occurred to me was the stadium was somehow a problem. Usually it has been the Jets play, which hopefully is now turning around starting this year.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's all well and good, but the stadium is trash ️ in comparison to everything else being built. The Giants suck and they removed the Giants Stadium label but it's still a shared stadium.

The most notorious city in the world is represented by two football teams in another state in a sub par stadiums that they used two checkbooks to finance and bait and switched two different fan bases for PSL's that are worth absolutely nothing.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I guess I am not clear why it is subpar. I have been to other stadiums, and maybe I am not so picky, but I didn't see it as being inferior. I was able to get a great tailgate, easy to get in and out, food and booz plentiful during the game, all Jets colors. The only thing I didn't like is that Jets usually get stuffed, and the game is over sometimes in the first quarter, but other than that, the fact Giants also play there at some point aside from the 8 times we do, just didn't bother me much.

14. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Sharing is Caring, but not in this case. Sharing a stadium with any team absolutely stinks.

16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

patleahy likes this.
  17. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

yeah and they even expanded Soldier Field back in 2003 Penny (ruining it beautiful architectural integrity) and it is still the smallest stadium in the league. It is just a matter of time until the Bears move out. I just hope they build a stadium that is in the neo-classical style of Soldier Field and that they at least name the Field (since I am sure they will sell the naming rights to the stadium) after Halas.

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

It sucks for a franchise to never have had its own stadium and have to share with the intracity rival. One of the reasons the Jets are looked at as a joke. Every time I go past Hudson yards I grind my teeth. Fuck James Dolan, and I hope Johnson gets an annoying pimple on his ass that never goes away.

19. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I for one am just glad that we don’t have to play in a stadium with another teams name on it. That was annoying as hell.

patleahy likes this.
  20. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Giants Stadium was far superior to MetLife. There was not one bad seat in the house. Absolutely no reason to waste a billion dollars on an ugly air conditioner with an upper deck that is so high, & no roof. Why would anyone travel there spend a fortune of money when you can watch it at home with a better view??

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.