Now that the 2021 Draft is over...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, May 2, 2021.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good thread! Yeah, sometimes that QB thread got heated and ridiculous, but it was a really important decision for Joe Douglas and the Jets. We had views from all sides too. Keep Darnold group, Draft Wilson group, and Draft Fields group were the main ones, but some liked Lance and Jones too. It was an overall great discussion the last 4 months.

@KurtTheJetsFan is a great poster and I believe he will return. The only way he doesn't is if Wilson is just instantly terrible and Kurt is confirmed to be right, thus proving the Jets are a complete waste of time for everyone. I don't see that happening though.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It funny we talk about the QB thread(s). IMO the "Trade for Deshaun Watson" thread(s) were even more heated, and we matched the volume of all three QB threads in like 2 weeks.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

“You are better than this”

“You truly are a piece of work”

“You are ruining this board”

You seriously need to get over yourself.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I fully expect him to have a better rookie year than Sam, who had a decent rookie season, and as a bonus no pick 6 on the first play. The comparisons to the rest of the class are absolutely valid, just like Sam to Allen, Baker, etc... To be honest I am hoping for Herbert like impact, at least in the second half of the season, but this is a high bar to clear, so seeing flashes and something on par or higher than Sam's rookie year would be a good result. Anything below that though I must admit would be a huge disappointment. Keeping fingers crossed and really looking forward to see it unfold next season.

5. legler82

I’d love a Herbert like season but would be fine with a Sam like rookie season.

Interestingly enough, Herbert was the Justin Fields of his draft w/ regards to how he was dissected during the pre-draft process.

6. The Dark Knight

Good news! That thread will return when Watson doesn't report for camp and Wilson goes 3 and out on his first drive in the pre-season. :)

NCJetsfan, patleahy and ouchy like this.
  7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

NC, just curious, are you going to ditch DirecTV when they lose the Sunday Ticket package? I imagine a large reason why you got it was to be able to watch the Jets every week down there in rural NC.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Tua had a Sam like first season and everyone here says Tua sucks. Are people here really going to be happy if Zack has a Sam like first season? Especially with more weapons?

patleahy likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just to jump back in to clarify: I didn't start this thread as homage to Kurt, nor to make apologies, or encourage apologies to or from anyone. It was simply meant as an expression of hope that we might get back to more civilized discussions. That said, no one has to be civilized or adhere to any standards ro rules (aside from what the mods say), and whatever you want to post is fine with me. I have yet to use the Ignore feature because I can decide on a post by post basis whether to read it or not, or stop reading in after a sentence or two - there's no "rules" about that either, you can exercise free will all you want.

Kurt made his decision, and that's his choice. It will also be his choice if he decides like so many others here who have "quit" and then return to come back, that's great. If not, TGG will go on.

And frankly, if the mods want to close this thread down, that's fine too. I think the point was made, and those who agree or disagree have had a chance to reflect.

NCJetsfan, AJW and K'OB like this.
  10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I see your point and I do understand the passion. I just don't understand reacting in such a negative way. It's a game and there are really no significant consequences for us fans.

AJW and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. patleahy

yeah I agree, AJW. There is a fine line between being passionate about football or any hobby (as NC described it).....and going completely OVERBOARD with it, as some people do.

AJW likes this.
  12. legler82

I don’t speak for everyone else. That’s just what I would be happy with. Of course, I would be ecstatic with more.

ouchy likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

I have DirecTV for the Jets and I think I will be dropping it when that happens. It costs way too much these days. Plus everything is on streaming. It is a big waste of money, but I do like being able to watch any NFL game I want, so I will keep it for another year.

14. patleahy

LOL I am sure Cimini just saw that tweet and is doing his troll-like best to twist all of Caporoso's points/observations into negatives, lol.:(

AJW and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

To me, it comes down to how much Wilson progresses from year 1 to year 2. Sam showed marginal improvement before regressing in year 3. Of course, it would be nice to have a Herbert like rookie season, but I'm not banking on that.

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. legler82

The NFL are money hungry hoes for not having a team specific option like the NBA does. I pay for the package every year for close to 15 years and it’s only watch for the Jets games. It’s a total ripoff but I’m a sucker. Got to watch the games.

17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Shudders

18. legler82

This doesn’t do it for you?

[​IMG]

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm not so arsed about that one, wrong cap ;)

Now this one :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

[​IMG]

20. legler82

Jesus, that guy needs friends. :D