Now that the 2021 Draft is over...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, May 2, 2021.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I cringe at the thought

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How could we have had a better draft? We got a potential FQB, the best OG in the draft, one of the top 4 WRs, and a perfect RB for our scheme. More players doesn't mean better players. Teams need topnotch talent on both sides of the ball. Our offense has been a joke for years. We added a great core of talent to Becton, Mims, Davis, and McGovern. Adding a FQB prospect trumps adding a bunch of position players. Staying put and taking Wilson was absoloutely the right thing to do.

3. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

^^^well u do have to admit, NC, that taking two guys with the same exact name was kinda silly....:)

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. That was totally Kurt's choice. We didn't force Kurt to do anything. I have considered Kurt a friend, I certainly didn't attack him, and I don't recall anyone attacking him. Some of us disagreed with him, but that shouldn't have forced him or caused him to do anything. I won't speculate why he left, and I certainly hope that whatever caused him to leave will be resolved, and he will come back.

Jets79 and patleahy like this.
  5. patleahy

NC I understand what you are saying and agree with it, and I certainly know what you didn't personally attack him. For clarification purposes, I was merely referring to the fact that we all played a role in the heated and contentious "Fields v. Wilson/GIF wars" debate which changed the tone of the board for the past few months, and which I think we would all agree, was one of the things which drove Kurt away. That is all. I agree with you, that I hope he will come back and resume posting, now tht things have cooled down and that battle is over.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The Kurt thing is mind-boggling to me. I don't know if there's any poster who I looked forward to reading more than Kurt especially come draft time. And our opinions certainly didn't always line up either. I don't know how THIS is what made him leave. Sure the Wilson/Fields stuff was idiotic and a few posters made any draft discussion unbearable, but I found it pretty easy to ignore. I think this is more just him disliking Wilson THAT much. Hopefully Kurt comes back once Wilson is a top 10 QB in two years.

7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Hey, it's just football. There's no reason to be so passionate about it unless you or a relative is part of the team.

AJW likes this.
  8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We can not all agree that gifs drove Kurt away. He verbally expressed his hatred of the Wilson pick and the herd mentality of fans. Why are we speculating when the man clearly articulated his thoughts and feelings?

#108 legler82, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    cval and patleahy like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Kurt needed a break. Who the fuck cares? He'll come back or he won't. I love Kurt, but leave the man and the situation be. He didn't need a six page thread of everyone discussing his emotions and how we all need to be friends.

J-Raw24, RochesterJet and legler82 like this.
  10. legler82

[​IMG]

patleahy likes this.
  11. patleahy

oh come on Legler you know what I meant. No where did I state that "GIFS i and of themselves drove Kurt away"...I was clearly referring to the tone of the board over the course of the past 2 months which played a role in driving Kurt away, as others have noted, and that ugly/nasty/contentious tone was largely driven by the Wilson/Fields debate which did include a heated dispute over GIFS. You know that is what I was referring to, the overall situation/tone. Nice kumbaya gif in your post above, btw. I liked it. and I thank you for making them smaller as well... ;)

12. legler82

I disagree. The Wilson pick and the the fact he felt most on this board were lemmings metaphorically speaking with regards to the pick was the main driver from my perspective. Kurt could have cared less about gifs and the silly debates about them. Kurt wasn’t even a big Fields fan; he just really really really did not want us to draft Wilson. The contentious was between him and those that were and still acting like Wilson is a blood relative.

patleahy likes this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Great thread CC!

The most exciting thing to me is that on paper, our offense looks better than it has for a decade or so! Definitely since the Marshall, Decker, FitzMagic season anyway.

Having a core of Coleman/Carter/Perine/Johnson/Adams at RB, Davis/Mims/Crowder/Moore/Cole at WR, and Becton, AVT, McGovern, Lewis/GVR/Clark, and Fant at OL is quite a bit better than anything Sam had. Obviously the jury is still out on Herndon but hopefully he can be our Post-Gase success story and I like Kroft as a TE2, I wouldn't be surprised if UDFA Yeboah made a push for PT this year either.

I think @legler82 made a good point in a comment earlier, Year 1 we HAVE to see flashes with Wilson and hopefully more that that tbh. Wilson doesn't have to have a Herbert-esque year but with what we have it will be disappointing if he's 2020 Darnold bad. I won't be ready to proclaim bust if he is because all QB's adjust to the NFL differently, but that would not be a good start to his career IMO.

I know a lot of people have had disagreements over everything the last few months but if nothing else we should all give JD some credit for totally rebuilding this offense since he arrived. Are we the Chiefs? Of course not, but I don't see how anyone can look at this objectively and not concede that our offense has improved tremendously over the last 2 years.

I now anxiously await to see how being good on paper translates to the field in 2021. Here's hoping for the best!!

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He said he was giving up his fandom way before everyone got on board with Wilson.

legler82 likes this.
  15. patleahy

I will concede your point Legler. Kurt did seem to have a very serious problem with not only Wilson, but all of his supporters.

legler82 likes this.
  16. legler82

[​IMG]

patleahy and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. legler82

Just so we’re clear, that’s just the year 1 expectation. By the time we get to have to decide on exercising the 5th year option, I expect to see the Mahomes/Rodgers love child I was promised.

#117 legler82, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

So I heard the Jets had a pretty good draft. I’m pumped.

19. patleahy

would you settle for a Ty Detmer/Robbie Bosco love child instead?

legler82 likes this.
  20. legler82

[​IMG]