The Golden Stream

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Mar 1, 2021.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Happy! is about as inappropriate and vulgar as you can possibly get but somehow manages to do it artfully, hard to explain. Great timing and visuals. There's some shock stuff but just really funny and well done, one of the few shows that were cut short that I recommend it as worth watching anyway.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just started "Queen of the South" today. Looks like a winner for me..

3. abyzmul

I only made it through 2 episodes of the most recent season of Fargo. What a boring turd.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Any of you guys check out the A&E Biography documentaries on old wrestlers?

I haven't watched wrestling in over a decade, but all of the guys I used to like have docs. So far they've had Macho Man, Stone Cold and Booker T.

My girlfriends dad never watched wrestling in his life and he enjoyed them.

Where's @The Dark Knight and @NYJalltheway - this is right up your guys alley.

#64 Jonathan_Vilma, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Cman68 likes this.
  5. abyzmul

I've watched a few Dark Side of the Ring episodes but I know the ones you are talking about are from a different series. I'm not a wrestling fan per se but Vince McMahon has been churning out human disasters for half a century so you know they will deliver.

6. abyzmul

Mr Inbetween season premiere 25 May (next Tuesday), pumped!

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Watched a couple of solid shows that I can't figure out why they got canceled.

Colony - good dystopian show without too much alien involvement despite an alien invasion. Too much integration with goofy looking aliens always turns me off to shows. Very good show in my eyes and entertaining the whole time.

Counterpart - a coworker told me today they canceled it because it was too skewed to the male demographic? The fuck does that even mean when it co-starred a man and a woman? Alternate reality kind of deal but they didn't fuck it up with stupid looking technology and what not. It also featured a big pandemic and was shot before Covid so I wonder if that played into it's cancellation.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Couldn’t find anything interesting to get hooked on now that snowfall is in between seasons. So I’m rewatching oz. it’s funny seeing the farmers insurance guy tattooing a swatizka on some guys ass. But he has said he’s seen a thing or two.

9. abyzmul

Counterpart was great, sucks that it was wasted on Starz, it probably would have lasted longer.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Update: byz is now a dwarf Eurasian orphan in his sophomore year at culinary school.

Sundayjack, abyzmul and FJF like this.
  11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Black Summer was not a bad first season, season 2 might already have started.

Fast zombie show like 28 Days Later. Pretty entertaining, much of it is typical zombie movie schtick but worth a watch.

Think it's been almost 2 years since season one.

Edit: Pretty telling that on my 2 weeks so far on the road my only time I've been coming on here for any length of time is when I am by Niagara/Buffalo area. Damn what a shithole, and I was trying to look for something else to do besides the falls, started driving the other way until I saw the sign for Rochester, fuck that. Out of here Saturday thankfully.

Looked at my beer and was at least going to give probs for that. Nope, brewer is in Lakewood NY. 2+ hours away

#71 The Waterboy, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Sundayjack likes this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's a shame how they rushed that show's conclusion, kinda gloopy. Some episodes were eh along the way, but some were outstanding with great standout performances. I know someone who directed several episodes.

There were so many 'Oz' alumni who would show up on 'Law & Order: SVU' ALL THE TIME, even relatively minor characters. Well, Keller being the most obvious major one; but Schillinger, Beecher, Antonio Nappa, Querns, Father Makuda, Robson, you name it, they're on it, it's crazy. There's a connection there for sure because they all know one another in some capacity.

FJF likes this.
  13. abyzmul

Working my way through Archer. I had been saving it up because I've been a huge fan of Jon Benjamin since Home Movies. This show is like putting the ultimate front man with the ultimate band, perfect match between HJB and the Sealab guys.

14. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Home movies was great, Frisky Dingo is Porto-archer. Give it a watch

15. abyzmul

I love it, Xander Crews is definitely proto, and the production really feels like Sealab.

Faux machine likes this.
  16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Who Killed Sara on Netflix. Haven’t found anyone who agrees with me on this yet, but a twisted storyline where every character is either trying to bone someone or kill them - that just scratches me where I itch. Plus, I have a real sweet tooth for foreign TV and movies that get dubbed for an English-speaking audience. It shines a big fucking light on all the Hollywood simps racing to finish the script for Law and Order - Toledo Parks Department Unit.

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I had a 120 gallon reef tank many years back. One day, I was leafing through a forum stocked with weirdo octopus tank geeks and, by the end of my reading, I swear I wanted one. An octopus tank. Although, having my own personal geek wouldn’t be such a bad second choice. I remember what really grabbed me. A story posted by someone who kept an octopus tank on one side of the room and a fish tank on the other. This geek kept noticing that his fish were vanishing and couldn’t figure out why. You know where this is going. He was walking half-asleep across around his house late one night, looked down, and saw his pet octopus crawling back to his own tank after grabbing a quick late night snack.

In truth, what I’d really like is a much larger octopus, looking for a larger meal and willing to crawl a bit farther than just across the living room.

The Waterboy likes this.
  18. abyzmul

I don't think I'd be able to resist sticking a couple of toes in it.

19. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Anybody watch Ted Lasso on Apple TV+ ?
    My wife and I have been watching it and it is funny as hell.

I am also into watching true crime documentaries like Son of Sam, Team Fox Catcher and Night Stalker that are currently on Netflix.

Also as I’ve been reading through this thread I picked up a ton of recommendations for shows to check out. Thanks everybody.

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If you like tense action, undercover, intelligence based action, Fauda on netflix is kickass. 3 seasons so far and 4th coming out soon. All 3 season are good/great.