Now that the 2021 Draft is over...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, May 2, 2021.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Whether Wilson turns out to be great or bust, we’ll see, but Ido love that, unlike Mac, JD is looking to surround his new QB with talent and an OL

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I didn't originally see that post by Kurt, but I know how he feels. My impression of Kurt was that he was always a nice, respectful, thoughtful guy who knows football well. There is more to it then that post so I went back and read the last 10 pages before it. Kurt gave some grief, as a lot of people were, but his opinion was in the minority and got trolled big time.

My take going away is memes for outside situations are funny. But when we post memes as a way to put down someone else's post, that is basically a personal insult, and the poster doesn't have to put themselves on the line with an argument or thoughtful rebuttal. Its basically a drive by cheap shot.

Kurt is a real Jets fan. He's mad at the board and maybe even at himself, but not the team. I hope he's back by opening day.

#42 ouchy, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
  3. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

^^^so you're saying that you don't think the Jets and Bears are going to swap QBs anytime soon, Bickety?!! o_O

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

He Hate Me

abyzmul likes this.
  5. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I've been a Jets fan since 1985. I heard the same (or similar) sentiment expressed regarding Mike Maccagnan, John Idzik, Terry Bradway, Mike Tannebaum, Dick Haley, Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Richie Kotite, Herm Edwards, Todd Bowles, Adam Gase, Ron Erhardt, Charlie Weis, Paul Hackett, Mike Heimerdinger, Brian Schottenheimer, Mike Pettine, Marty Morningweg, Chan Gailey ... and now Joe Douglas. Hopefully, some day it will be true. Heaven forbid we ever force a guy wearing a green shirt with white trim to achieve something prior to anointing him "smarter than everyone else in the room." It's like nobody in the Jets fanbase has ever seen someone fail upwards before.

EDIT: This is not a knock on Douglas, btw. I'm simply suggesting he actually have success before criticism of him is declared off-limits.

Dierking, ukjetsfan, REVISion and 3 others like this.
  6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If someone can make you miserable over a message board then that’s an indictment on you.

jonnyd, Jets79 and dawinner127 like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I do believe he took a massive dislike at the fan base here, stating he hated deeply the sheep herd mentality as he called it in regards to Wilson, JD and the like. He probably put most of us on ignore. I don’t believe in belittling anyone, especially not someone with his contributions, but towards the end objectivity went out the window with him and overwhelmed by major resentment. Too bad. Hope Wilson success brings him back in good spirits.

8. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

You know what? Who cares if he hates the people here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions no matter how ridiculous it may seem to you. He's insulting Jets fans here by calling people sheep because they disagreed with how HE would build the team. Basically, Kurt thinks he's the smartest one in the room and nobody should challenge his opinions. If you challenge his opinion or agree with the "sheep," then automatically to Kurt you don't have a clue.

Borat, Red Menace, AJW and 2 others like this.
  9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Haven't been this excited for the jets since Rex and the b2b AFCCG years.

Its been a bbbbaaaaadddd stretch

REVISion and AJW like this.
  10. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

This time last year we were saddled with absolute dope Adam Gase and no prospect that the Johnsons would ever listen to anyone who knew anything about football. This year we have what I think is a solid coach in Saleh since, for the first time I can remember, the Johnsons let JD make the substantive decisions. Every draft is a crap shoot, but I'm generally happy with who we ended up with, and how many more picks we have next year to continue to build a solid team. There are always going to be bellyachers who cry about every single move the Jets make (mostly due to years of trauma inflicted by the Jets), but they aren't worth getting bent out of shape over. The near future looks brighter than it has in some time, so let's try to enjoy it (at least before opening day when it may very well all come crashing down).

Jets79, Borat, REVISion and 3 others like this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Maybe Kurt will soften his stance on Zach Wilson after seeing his mom. I did.

blackssmagic, Borat and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

People keep saying “the draft is a crap shoot”.

if it’s so random, why do some teams consistently make good picks while other teams make consistently bad picks?

Is it really all just dumb luck? or is there a chance, a small minute chance that some people are better at evaluating talent than others?

major33 likes this.
  13. legler82

I’m pretty sure he’s mad at the team too. I’ve been there.

ouchy likes this.
  14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Whether you agree and like it or not.
    Fact is JD stuck with #2 to draft the QB he knew he wanted unlike Mac who traded up to 3 to take whoever fell to him not knowing what QB it would be which was ridiculously foolish.

That is what the trade down folks wanted, just take whoever falls, not a great strategy in picking a QB.
    I understand the trade down talk before the Sam trade but anyone who thought their was a chance in hell that we were not taking a QB at 2 once Sam was gone is not living in reality.

REVISion, NCJetsfan, major33 and 3 others like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The fuck is this? A memorial for Kurt? A rallying cry?

Man, society is getting soft. How some people let themselves so upset over the Jets or discussing the Jets online is beyond me.

Jets79, dawinner127, Borat and 7 others like this.
  16. legler82

I despise the “crap shoot” cop out. So you mean to tell me that these guys are getting paid million to what equates to randomly picking names out of a hat? If I’m getting sold the next Mahomes, I better get that. Fuck the preemptive excuses.

#56 legler82, May 2, 2021
    blackssmagic and KingRoach like this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

How do you explain 2020 then?

I think JD is learning from his mistakes.

18. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

So I was one of the ones who also didn't want Wilson. I wanted to trade back. Honestly I still don't know that I want Wilson and believe that trading back was probably the best option. I did like the rest of our draft. I just think we could of had a better draft... it's over now so I will root for Wilson until he proves to be horrible.

#58 J-Raw24, May 2, 2021
    ouchy likes this.
  19. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

well-said Ouchy. A lot of us got too caught up in the whole Fields v. Wilson debate, and said things we shouldn't have, myself included. In our own way, we all played a role in forcing Kurt off of the board and to give up his Jets fanhood. Hopefully, he returns some day. Kudos and credit to @bicketybam too for his honest post, where he manned up and admitted that he went to war with Legler over the GIFs, etc. lol. Like I said we all played a role, but now that a QB has been drafted, hopefully things will cool back down, for at least a while.

AJW likes this.
  20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

How do you explain 2020? You mean the year JD revamped the entire OL then took a top OL in the 1st round and a WR in the 2nd?

He certainly did learn his lesson... by taking a top OL on the 1st round and WR in the 2nd. Lol