Now that the 2021 Draft is over...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, May 2, 2021.

1. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

For him to retire as a Jet fan I have to agree that is going overboard. I haven't been their greatest supporters in the last 6 years but their were reasons for it. I think this organization is finally going in the right direction. At least I hope so. Being a Jet fan is not easy as you all know. No one ever blamed me for being jaded.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

#21 AJW, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He really didn't like him, for our sake I hope he was wrong tbh

3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Jesus. Dude had a full mental breakdown.

If he thought it was tough in the Jets section, he should've ventured into the politics forum lol

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Kurt asked me to delete his account well before the draft. I won't get into details but Kurt's gripe wasn't the QB pick. I hope he comes back though. He is one of the aces of this board. Will be a shame if he keeps away.

5. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

yeah THIS, K'OB. I, and others, think that unfortunately Kurt was working through some personal stuff, which in addition to the acrimony on the board, led him to say some of the over the top, overly dramatic, aggressive/combative, and at times just plan bizarre stuff which he said....which was the kind of stuff he had never been known for saying before. As others have said, hopefully Kurt returns and is able to enjoy the bright days ahead for Jets Nation. He was a good guy and a knowledgeable fan, even if I didn't always agree with him.

6. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

That is pretty sad.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have always been an optimistic fan. I turned 30 last month and I have spent very little time watching this team when compared to many fans on this board. My father raised me as a die hard Jets fan, and truthfully speaking, I would not want it any other way. I love this team. I love this franchise. I was there for the glory in 2009 and 2010. I was there for the failures for years since. I was hopeful for change with past GMs and past head coaches, only to be proven wrong. I am sick of losing just as much as the next guy.

This feels different. I can not remember the last time we had the management in place like we have today. The coaching staff. The players. I am so hopeful for the future of this franchise. I am hopeful that JD has done so much to surround a rookie QB with talent and protection. I am hopeful that we have a coaching staff that will run a system that caters to the strength of the team and not a system that requires a specific group of players that we may not have.

I will be a Jets fan until the end. Even through the horrible days, I will always still be here. My old man sits there with me every Sunday to watch this franchise. If he can suffer 50+ years and still be there every week, I will too.

2021 might be the first year since 2010, that I am counting down the days to opening day. Zachs 5th Avenue is my destination.

Go Jets!

8. K'OB

Did you not delete it then as you can still see it?

A good move that if you didn't tbh, he will hopefully come back at a later date :)

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We drafted Hackenberg, and Vernon Gohlston!

blackssmagic, AJW, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Of course I didn't delete it.

11. patleahy

Agreed, RedMenace. If you read Kurt's post, which K'OB linked to in his post above you will see that it is obvious Kurt was going through some personal issues in his life, and was upset about far more than just the Wilson selection. In fact, he hadn't been sounding like himself for some time, and some of the stuff he said in his "farewell rant" where he basically told all of us to go to hell, etc. was actually kind of troubling/disturbing. That is why I agree with K'OB that I don't think he actually meant much of the bizarre stuff he was saying.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  12. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Love everything about this draft. Our OL will be good for a long time. If we didn’t have a token of higher rated OL then it makes sense to trade up.

think Moore is also the perfect compliment to this WR group. Unique and seems ideal for where we got him b

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well ..I hope Kurt utters the Terminators words "ill be back...":rolleyes:;)

Even his Dog was a Jets Fan..sigh

NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Historic Post CC..Thanks for that!!

The glass is gonna be Half Full us old time Jets Fans:p

Gut says we will get this right!!

15. patleahy

^^^Honestly, that was my first thought when I read what he typed in that final post, Lon.

16. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Great post, CC. Hope that the board returns to its relatively friendly demeanor. The majority of posters can disagree agreeably, and that's what makes this board work so well.

About the draft, it was a total failure: needed more Michael Carters. (Yes, I'm kidding. A quick search didn't reveal any other draft-worthy Michael Carters.)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. patleahy

Glad you didn't delete it, Brook! :)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

A decade of missing the playoffs is enough to drive the best of us crazy. I hope Kurt is ok and comes back to enjoy the success that is coming our way.

19. K'OB

You know modding :D

ColoradoContrails and patleahy like this.
  20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

After the Clemson game I was all in on Fields. Even after the championship game, I still thought he played well and that he was let down by his teammates. Then I started watching some of Wilson's tape and I gradually put him as my preferred choice with Fields as a very close second. I was truly fine with either guy. Then the anti-Wilson guys came out of the woodworks. I call them anti- Wilson instead of pro-Fields because for a solid month you didn't hear anything about why Fields should be the pick. You only heard why Wilson shouldn't be. It was constant trolling and I got sick of it. So yes, I'm guilty of giving it back. But believe it or not I was more than happy to take Fields if that's what JD wanted.

That last 2 months were a total shit show. We all know that what we post has ZERO impact on who the Jets will pick. You make your point and that should be the end of it. But as it became clear that Wilson was going to be the pick, it seemed like the mission changed to "make everyone who wants Wilson miserable (because I am.)" That's what ruined the board and I hope those people drop their crusade. The pick is Wilson and he isn't going anywhere.

Borat, KY Jets Fan, REVISion and 3 others like this.