Welcome to the Jets Elijah Moore - WR (2nd Rd Pick)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i was pondering that this morn

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

#142 Lon Chaney, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Snatch Catch and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

4. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I forget where I read it, but shortly after the pick i came across some commentary that Moore might be even...more... than people know because he might NOT be a strictly slot guy. It had something to do with Kiffin's offense and how it is designed to channel production to the slot instead of the outside. The Steve Smith comps are born from this, I think (the idea that, as dominant as he was as a slot receiver, it might not be all he can do).

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I can't believe Toney went before him. Especially at 20. I thought even the Ravens might take a shot on him but I can at least understand why they went with a "bigger" WR.

Big Cat likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

gettleman giving gifts to the rest of the NFL like usual

themorey and PJ4Ever like this.
  7. Jason MacIsaac

If the Jets are serious about Steven Nelson, then I could see Crowder traded. Otherwise I think he stays as insurance for the inevitable injuries throughout the season.

8. GasedAndConfused

crowder isn't going anywhere. we did this last year. we have perriman, crowder, and mims. were good at WR. then before you know it, it was jeff smith, chris hogan, and berrios. lets keep the depth. we don't need the money. wilson needs a proven reliable chain mover like crowder. right now we are 5 deep at WR. injuries happen. mims and moore are young and unproven. crowder is very valuable this year. we can let him walk in 2022

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'll say it again - Elijah Moore is sick. And it's cool that we got one of his running mates, Kenny Yeboah as an UDFA. I hope he makes the team, the kid has wheels and hands.

10. GasedAndConfused

I like yehoah but he looks weak and clumsy after the catch. but if he can be a solid chain mover that would be a plus at the TE spot. especially for a UDFA.
    I love the more pick. can't believe he fell to us in the 2nd. from my account we got 3 top 15 players

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This. The only way I don’t see Crowder on the team next year is if someone offers a really good pick for him.

Otherwise, we’re looking at the deepest WR unit we’ve had in a really long time. Either way, the Jets win.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go as far as to say clumsy, but he's definitely not that agile side to side and will need to learn a route tree. But he's got speed in the open field and catches contested balls well. A developmental prospect but if team speed is an emphasis, I'd like to see him make the team with Herndon and a blocking tightend sandwiched in between them (excluding Hennessey).

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It is hard to find such a polished wide receiver like that in round 2

I honestly wonder if that's what "hurt" him in the draft evaluation. The Giants saw a guy like Toney, and the Ravens with Bateman as less polished receivers but more potential and more physical tools. So they overlooked Moore as someone who has reached his ceiling.

They may or may not be right about long term potential but Moore is going to play well right away

#153 BrowningNagle, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    NCJetsfan and Mogriffjr like this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Moore gonna be lining up everywhere. He has special skills...super excited for this WR corps!

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

True. I'm super excited too. I'm still in a bit of shock that JD took Moore. With his risking losing Mims in last year's draft by trading down, I feared that he might not value WRs that much. I'm glad that he proved me wrong by signing Davis and Cole then drafting Moore. After signing Davis and Cole, I figured that if he drafted a WR, it would be a shorter, slot-type WR who was also a PR who could learn from Crowder this year, then take over as the slot next year. I figured it would be the 4th or 5th round before he even considered taking a WR. I've never been so glad to be wrong! I think that aside from Wilson, it was probably his best pick in the draft, although AVT was also a great pick. I can't wait to see him play in our offense. He's going to be huge for us.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I thought JD would target a 3rd round WR like Rodgers as this class has so much depth at WR. I thought there was a chance he could use the 34 pick on Rondale Moore who has a similar skill set where he could play the Deebo Samuel role but after reading more about Elijah I am really happy JD took him. I am really excited to see the new offense and watch it grow. I am even more excited that he drafted the the top guard in AVT. It is nice to not only see JD get good value but see him draft players that fit our system. JD gets it.

17. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

The more tape I watch the more I’m impressed. He reminds me of Crowder with more straight line speed.

patleahy likes this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I thought that YAC was one of his big pluses?

Noam likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

i'm just going by the small amount of tape i watched on the guy since we signed him. can't really speak of the scouting reports. didn't read any. he's fast for a TE but not fast enough to not be caught from behind. but he's an UDFA so we shall see

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Somebody posted something in the UDFA thread, stat-wise about his YAC being a large percentage of his actual yards, off the top of my head total yards were 514 but 285 were YAC maybe it is too small a sample to judge anything on but it was also only over 6-8 games