2021 NFL Draft - Day 3 (Rounds 4 thru 7)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Quinnenthebeast, May 1, 2021.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

To me it looks like Cox is the BPA and should be a decent fit at linebacker for us when we could use more talent there. I think Moses could also be decent but less so compared to Cox.

Outside of that we got Carter and Gainwell which I think would be great picks to bolster the offense.

Cornerback looks pretty picked apart but Gowan or Wade might be good enough developmental guys. I more so think Douglas and Saleh should be getting on the phone with Richard Sherman at this point.

Who do you guys want tomorrow early on?

tomdeb, All Gas No Shake and Brook! like this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I was just looking at who was left and I agree with you .....looks like Cox would be the best choice at this juncture. I like Gainwell but I think the Jets may be more interested in Patterson at RB with maybe the Vikings pick they received.....

3. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Gainwell!

4. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I was just coming here to post this. He's not a complete back, and needs to operate in space in order to flourish, according to NFL.com. Sounds like he'd fit this scheme well.

Plus his name is Gainwell.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Jabril Cox, LSU, LB
    Tay Gowan, UCF, CB
    Thomas Graham Jr, Oregon, CB
    Patrick Johnson, Edge, Tulane
    Michael Carter, RB, NC
    Jonathan Cooper, Edge, OSU

These are my top guys. I haven't watched all the prospects available, slacked off In the later rounds this year compared to most years. I really like these guys that are left though.

chandler, Red Menace and Lon Chaney like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like Cox, Carter, Gainwell, Brevin Jordan, and James Hudson

#6 NCJetsfan, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    tomdeb, Brook! and K'OB like this.
  7. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

He is the best pass catcher at the RB position by far in this year draft and could even play some receivers route if needed.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Carter is still on the board I'd snap him up, I like Gainwell as well tbh

Michael Carter

RB North Carolina

Positives

Shifty, elusive ball carrier with a complete game. Runs with excellent lean and displays terrific vision as well as the agility and quickness necessary to turn the corner. Multi-cut ball carrier who makes several defenders miss over the course of a single run and leaves opponents grasping at air. Displays himself as a legitimate perimeter ball carrier, has a burst of speed, and quickly turns upfield, immediately getting through the lanes. Keeps his feet moving, keeps the play in bounds and works runs. Consistently runs north and south and works to pick up as much yardage as possible carrying the ball. Patient, shows great awareness and breaks down as a blocker. Stays square and gives effort blocking. Helps the quarterback sell ball fakes. Terrific pass catcher out of the backfield who finds the soft spot in the defense and works to become a free target.

Negatives

Not a big back who is going to pick up yardage off initial contact. Possesses more of a burst of speed and will not run to daylight. Used on a rotational basis at North Carolina.

Analysis

Carter is a terrific running back who is effective carrying the ball, catching it out of the backfield or blocking when called upon. He's a situational or rotational back with outstanding quickness who should do well in third-down situations.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Then there is still Brevin Jordan on the board as well.

Brevin Jordan

TE Miami (FL)

Positives

Incredibly athletic tight end who shows flashes of brilliance. Fluid releasing off the line of scrimmage, displays natural pass-catching skills, and works hard in all areas. Sturdy and takes a big hit yet keeps his feet and holds onto the throw. Nicely adjusts to the errant throw, makes the reception in stride, and displays soft hands. Occasionally lines up in the slot and plays like a tall possession receiver. Snatches the ball out of the air with strong hands. Blocks with leverage and knee bend, has a nasty attitude, and works to finish off opponents. Possesses solid blocking strength.

Negatives

Not a sharp route runner. Does not consistently come away with difficult receptions.

Analysis

Jordan is an athletic pass-catching tight end who holds his own as a blocker and has shown consistent development in his game. Well-versed in all areas of the position, Jordan should only get better with time and can develop into a No. 1 tight end at the next level.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Wow, I never thought Michael Carter, Jabril Cox, Tylan Wallace, and Gainwell would be here at 107.

Gimme Cox, Carter, or Gainwell at 107 and I’m a happy camper!

NCJetsfan and tomdeb like this.
  11. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I would take Cox or Moses here.

Then a RB next like Javian Hawkins or Khalil Herbert.

I think we are gonna see a move up from 146.

12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm on the Michael Carter (RB) train, but I think the Jets should trade back some if they can, before grabbing him.

I think a likely pick on the Jets board would be Robert Rochell (CB). He has long arms and is fast, but small hands. I guess that is why he is a CB rather than a WR.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Javian Hawkins has gotten a lot of love online, but I wouldn't take him in round 4 unless it's at 143.

14. JetsCuseYanksFan

With 4 picks in the next 50, I think we can find some good fits for our offensive and defensive schemes. And with our 2 sixth round picks have the ability to move up and target who we like. I’m looking for speed at running back, speed and ball skills (tired of guys who can’t find the ball) at corner, speed and range at linebacker, and ability to move in space for guard. These are all lottery tickets, so want the high ceiling, developmental guys. I like the following:

Early 4th round:
    Jabril Cox - ILB - range and speed
    Tay Gowan - CB - speed and ball hawk
    Shakur Brown - CB - speed, ball hawk, slot
    Dylan Moses - ILB - range and speed
    Michael Carter - RB - top end speed

Later 4th round / early 5th:
    Move up and grab one of the above guys
    Kenneth Gainwell - RB - top end speed
    Jaylon Moore - OG - projects well for zone
    Tre Brown - CB - top end speed, slot

I also like Brevin Jordan, but don’t think TE is a big need right now. Not liking the linebackers and offensive lineman that are left, so we may stack at other positions. Lastly, could take a flyer on Jose Borragales as our place kicker in the 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chandler likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not all of these guys make a lot of sense for the Jets but these are the players I like and would take if I was strictly going BPA. Unfortunately we just missed the big run on corners.

Tommy Togiai, DT (OSU) - first round pick if he stayed another year/had a normal season. Go back and watch the Clemson game to see how he and Zach whatshisface took that game over on defense.

Marvin Wilson, DT (FSU) - not sure what happened to Marvin but he reportedly came back to school overweight after being a projected top 20 pick. Didn't see anything about character concerns, sounds like he just made a mistake.

Cam Bynum, CB (Cal) - good tackling corner without top end speed. Great character kid, captain and team MVP. Good fit for a cover 3

Dylan Moses, LB (Alabama) - Moses fits better in the 3-4 probably and plays similarly to Mosely with poor coverage skills. But he's a good run stopper and would be a good future SLB. I didn't like him when he was a second round pick, but sliding down this far is good value.

James Hudson, OL (Cincinnati) - nasty nasty run blocker. Unfortunately got too nasty versus Georgia and got elected for a 'late hit.'

Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR (USC) - polished receiver from receiver U. Can run pretty much any route that's asked of him.

Chuba Hubbard, RB (Ok. State) - experienced and a good fit for the one cut zone. He's a decent enough pass catcher to improve on it coming out.

Kenny Yeboah, TE (Ole Miss) - put the speed boys back together. Kenny has wheels. Question marks as a blocker but that's more because he wasn't asked to do it than it was he was bad at it.

16. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

The pick should be Jabril Cox. The value is too good to pass up. He’s a young Mosley and can be our Mosley replacement. If not, I’m ok with Brevin Jordan.

#16 Get me the Damn Ball, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    JetFanInPA likes this.
  17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Scary Tamorrion Terry is still out there but we already drafted a WR. #PositionalValue

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Not a big fan of Terry. Not sure if it's just because they went to the same school but he reminds me a lot of Kelvin Benjamin. Drops easy balls, and catches with his body. Big target though.

19. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Love Carter too. Can't believe I forgot him. He reminds me of a bowling ball. Tacklers constantly bouncing off him.