Jets culture is so different then it has been in the past

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 30, 2021.

1. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

All Gas, No Brake phrase will be amazing, when a Jet player gets involved in auto accident. The media will be writing love letters to Coach Salah

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That does have a nice ring to it as a headline for a New York Post article when the first Jet rings up a DUI.

azhar80 likes this.
  3. Odessa83

Odessa83 Member

Mangini and Tannebaum had this team heading to the Super Bowl . Then woody made the genius move of firing Mangini , because Favre got hurt.

patleahy likes this.
  4. Odessa83

Odessa83 Member

Screw the media . Just black out those idiots.

azhar80 likes this.
  5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

AND a belt...

6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The only thing missing is Woody picking up the phone and going "hisssssss."

7. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

(Counting how many times I’ve heard this before)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He has done exactly that in SF for the last three years. Changed his schemes considerably year to year to accommodate the talent available. Players love playing for him. What does that tell you? People are slobbering because they know his talent and he is everything Gase was not. The same people slobbering for him hated Gase before he did shit, or coached a single game, and they were spot on.

9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The list of successful DC's that failed as HC's is very long, and that includes 4 of the last 5 Jet HC's. Every coach who came here said they are going to change the culture, what else are they going to say? So pardon me if I've heard it all before. The hard part is translating the culture change to wins on the field. Do that here. Win here, then I'll be impressed.

REVISion likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Indeed, but he is not doing that in April. But what it can do in April, he seems to be doing that right.

11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

He’s never been a head coach, all I’m saying. He’s unproven. Loved the hire. I didn’t really know he changed his schemes in SF, that’s good. Gase was absolute shit, I hated him even since Denver. Have never had any idea why he was considered a good coach’s

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I deserve it

Brook! likes this.
  13. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

After a very long hiatus, the Jet offense is looking like it has the potential to be explosive again. What's it been, over three decades since they had a consistently effective offense which could move the ball up and down the field and score from virtually anywhere with the big play (sorry, but neither Vinnie, Noodle Arm, ButtFum Sanchez, DickPic Favre nor Darnold were able to bring any long term consistency to the team)? Hopefully, the unit stays together for a few seasons and is able to develop some chemistry.

May be going out on a limb here, but this team is starting to resemble the 1979 SF 49ers who, after many losing seasons, were taken over by Bill Walsh and transformed into a powerhouse dynasty in just his third season. Yeah, a little too optimistic, but after following this team to hell and back for an eternity, some of us have earned the right to dream big.

NYGANGGREEN and cval like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on! I'm really starting to love Saleh. I didn't want a former DC because I thought he'd want defensive players taken early and pout if he didn't get them. I'm delighted to see that I was wrong. Saleh wanted Moore. He wanted AVT & Zach. He wants a dynamite offense.

15. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Hes one of the smarter ones, he knows Offense in todays game wins. Yes we will need an adequate D eventually but that can be done in FA and put together a lot quicker in terms of chemistry than an O

NCJetsfan and azhar80 like this.
  16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I like this draft so much better than last year's and I can't figure out why. Last year I was like James Morgan, huh? Lamichal Perine, really? Ashtyn Davis, huh? This year's draft seems to make much more sense to me.

REVISion and PJ4Ever like this.
  17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

You may have misunderstood. What he refers too is that the team is being built to help football players succeed. He stated that very thing to our new QB on the phone...essentially he said be yourself, your not here to change the team, the team will put you in a position to succeed. When is the last time you heard that from a JET HC?

PJ4Ever likes this.
  18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Believe you misunderstood what I said. I am a fan of the hire but he hasn’t proven shit yet as a HC

Ralebird and westiedog1 like this.
  19. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

It definitely seems like for the first time in a LONG time, things are heading in the right direction and we actually have a positive culture!