JD is on the clock too...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 27, 2021.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I feel like we have the best GM is Jets history, not that that's saying very much But for the first time ever I feel confident with our management.

#401 bicketybam, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson, Becton, Vera Tucker, Mims and Elijah Moore is a pretty good start in trying to build a potent young offense in 2 drafts.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I wonder if JD is trying to make up for not getting Sam the help on offense he promised Sam's parents he would do. Definitely not making the same mistake twice.

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  4. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

We can solidify our D next year with some premium picks.

Don't believe we have done as much on O in the last two offseasons since Sanchize. Have to support the young guy with a playcaller, protection and playmakers.

Excited to be fun.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

What I do not love about JD is if he is an o-line guru, why are we using first-round picks and trading up to build our line. You would think he could build a great line with lower picks if he was really a guru. I prefer Fields over Wilson, especially at 12. Imagine what we could have had if we traded back to 12 ,
    Why didn't JD give Sam some weapons as GM. So the Jets are repeating a flawed approach in starting a rookie in a very tough division, making a major leap in competition. The Jets need a Fitz-like QB ( I know he is not available) or someone else to bridge at least 6 games.. It is not fair to dump Zack into this mess week 1

ouchy likes this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We can go back to drafting DT's in round 1 next year. :p

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Wait,
    So I shouldn't cancel my season tix >??

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

we’ll see but no way do I prefer Fields over Wilson

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You really are something else, ain't ya.

10. K'OB

Take a look at his post history, he hates JD, it wouldn't matter what he did in the draft, haters will find ways to hate.

Some folk are just never happy...

Trade up, don't trade up, not my QB, not my OL, not my WR, wasted two thirds, trade down, don't trade down.

Frankly, it is fucking pathetic at times.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Because they have a different opinion? Because he Hates JD .. SO WHAT. That's his take on it...
    If you don't like what he's constantly saying then block him but this forum is inundated w/ people bitching when someone has a different opinion.

If you took as much time to "look up his post history" then you can do the same to block someone.
    and ftr, this isn't directed solely at this post, it's getting ridiculous around here.

SOJAZ, jets_fan, abyzmul and 2 others like this.
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

PREACH!!!
    [​IMG]

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. K'OB

I didn't read his post history in the manner you suggest but I read his comments in the normal course of events and it was a phrase to show how the guy feels about JD to convey that it was just another stick to beat JD with as he doesn't want JD as GM.

People are going to comment on irrational posts made with bias, it is called a forum.

If you think my post was ridiculous you can't have read the AVT thread and the over reactions to that signing in there, now that is some over the top ridiculousness.

But maybe not if you also think JD wasted the pick.

But let's move onto you not singling out this post, you are exactly doing that because you are of the same opinion as the other guy.

Was your post made as a mod or a poster, it seemed to be flirting between the two?

#413 K'OB, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It couldn't all be done in one draft last year. It was totally uncertain whether the NFL would even have a season last year due to Covid. It made zero sense to overpay in FA for OL, when the season might not even happen. He drafted a great LT in Becton and drafted Mims. Letting Anderson go was a mistake, but he added a bunch of other WRs, and they kept going down with injuries. JD had no control over that. It's not his fault either that there were no OTAs, a screwed up TC and no preseason games. If there had been, I'm sure the OL would have gelled a lot sooner. Was it JD's fault that Sam missed several games? How about the fact that Flacco didn't have nearly the problems that Sam did finding Mims and the other WRs, especially on deeper routes?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

JD wanted to address the OL in a big way in FA. He tried last year and Thuney was tagged and pulled of the market. He tried again this year, but couldn't compete with KC. If he wanted someone that could start day 1 and play at a high level, that pretty much meant that he had to take one of the top OL prospects in the draft. You can't count on a mid- or low-round draft prospect to start day one, much less start and play at a high level. He wasn't going to risk Zach's health. The other issue is that our blocking scheme requires some very specific traits that not a lot of OL had in this draft. In spite of the claims of a few in here that this was such a deep draft for IOL, it really wasn't for our blocking scheme. If we were using a power gap scheme, then yes, there were a lot of OL he could have drafted, but not for a wide zone scheme. Also, there was really only one top OG prospect, AVT. The next best OG prospect was Davis, and he's flawed and needs a good bit of work. That meant that JD either took AVT, or he'd have to draft a C or OT and hope that they could quickly adjust/adapt to playing OG. I wanted Jenkins. He had some experience playing OG, but it turns out he wasn't that highly rated by the Jets or any team since he fell a ways. So JD got the IOL that the CS and he believed they needed to keep Zach upright and healthy. They know more what they want, so while it's fair to question and have some doubts, but some of you posters are going way too far with your comments.

Yes, I can imagine what we'd have had if we traded back to #12. We'd have a lesser QB for starters, one that may wind up being a bust. I doubt that Lance will start this season. If he does, he will make a lot of mistakes. Fields may start, but he also will make a lot of mistakes, and probably take a lot of sacks and hard hits running the ball. Aside from Lawrence we got the rookie QB who is is the most refined as a QB, most ready to start day one, and play at a pretty high level.

I'd prefer having a solid vet to start initially so that Zach could sit and have some time to adjust, but we don't have that luxury because we didn't have a solid vet. I think we could have signed one in FA if the decision had been made earlier to move on from Sam, but having to get a consensus with the CS and wait for Pro Days prohibited that. I think that may have been a mistake, but can understand why things were done that way. No GM is perfect. They're all going to make mistakes. If waiting was a mistake, at least it was an honest mistake trying to get as much information as they could and JD was trying to keep the CS involved in the decision and happy. Perhaps in 5-10 years if he were in a similar situation, he'd have more experience as a GM and perhaps more confidence in his decisions, and would just make the decision on his own before hiring the new CS, but that's not what happened now. We just have to hope that things will still work out. He could still sign a vet QB, although unless one is cut between now and the beginning of the season that is better, we may be stuck with Hoyer or Mullens.

#415 NCJetsfan, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree with all of this except the blocked posters list which I find to be a subpar ineffective tool that only serves to turn the forum into an unreadable mess.

#416 abyzmul, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Leicester Jet and legler82 like this.
  17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Mostly every opinion is biased however irrationally is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you disagree with something doesn’t make it irrational.

Ralebird and Royal Tee like this.
  18. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I've never had to block someone yet but I can see how it would make following a thread very messy and difficult to follow.

Unfortunately, there are no alternatives out there at the moment

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I tested it out for a while since it's the only option the Mods usually offer but it can get confusing because when someone quotes a post of someone who is blocked and responds, it shows their response but the quote disappears so it's almost like reading a random post. Plus if you ignore someone that posts a lot you can end up with mostly empty pages.

Hard to believe all these years and the ignore function is still the only option. Hard to believe there are people here with half the board on ignore, it must be like surfing a broken website.

K'OB, Leicester Jet and legler82 like this.
  20. K'OB

Nah man, you can disagree to agree but folk can still be utterly irrational, you might think JD is doing a bad job but really in what world can you even think he is doing it so badly that you want him sacked?

That is the irrational part, when people go to rant level 10 because he traded away 1 pick to move up to 14 in the draft, that is irrational, you can dislike it and that is fine but to explode with so much vitriol etc that is just madness.

and tbh this is what I said...

'Some folk are just never happy...

Trade up, don't trade up, not my QB, not my OL, not my WR, wasted two thirds, trade down, don't trade down.

Frankly, it is fucking pathetic at times.'

it is hardly the worst thing written on this board in the last two months is it?

Certainly not enough to be singled out imo.

Preach brother, preach :rolleyes: