2nd Round Dreams

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KingRoach, Apr 30, 2021.

?

Who do you want with #34

Poll closed May 1, 2021.
  1. JOK LB

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Jenkins/Mayfield OL

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Moore WR

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Campbell CB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Humphrey C + a 4th

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I like Ojulari a lot. He's a speed demon off the edge. The problem is that he and Lawson would fit into the same weak side end profile since Ojulari is undersized and will likely get pushed around in the run game.

It could work out here though because we have phenomenal run stuffing defensive tackles and a lot of beef at linebacker if Mosely plays and factors in to eat up blockers.

I wouldn't be upset if he were the selection though. If you watched Georgia the kid was constantly a pressure wrecking ball off the edge. He's one of the reasons I never liked either Georgia corners because they really didn't have to cover for that long.

Lon Chaney and Red Menace like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

IMO if you want a top lineman you don't trade back.

The Jags have to go o-line this pick so one is for sure gone. I can see the others going with each successive pick, boom, boom, boom. Too many of them fell. It we want a top lineman we take him at 34.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  3. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

I'd be fine w/ JOK, Jenkins, or Samuel Jr. J. Williams could be a special back but LB, OL, and CB are bigger needs right now. To be honest, we could go a number of ways and I wouldn't be upset.

One out of box thought: I'm not in favor of releasing solid players (vets) who will absolutely make our rookie QB's job easier but taking Elijah Moore and cutting J. Crowder could be an interesting option. This kid could be a stud, Crowder has 1 year left, and the savings (~$10mm) could be used to shore up holes. Plus, Kennan Cole could move into the slot until Moore is ready.

After cutting A. Lewis and J. Crowder (plus existing $) we would have a ton of capital to make some moves that could really help us. Possibly trading for a decent backup QB which I think must be prioritized w/ Wilson on board. Others that are still out there:

CB's: R. Sherman, C. Hayward, S. Nelson, B. Poole
    S: M. Hooker, K. Vacaro
    OL: T. Turner
    LB: KJ Wright, BJ Goodson, K. Alexander
    Edge: M. Ingram, O. Vernon, B. Irvin, E. Griffen

NCJetsfan, Lon Chaney and Noam like this.
  4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want this either pre draft, but I feel like this could be a steal at #34.

5. Lon Chaney

I would have zero problem with this. I would even keep Crowder for the year

6. Lon Chaney

I could be wrong but I thought in Salehs scheme both ends are more of rushers than run stuffers.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think Ojulari would be a steal. I don't think he's that good. He and all the Edges in this draft are overrated and overhyped because they are the only ones who are half decent. IMO it would be not only detrimental to Zach and the offense to take Ojulari, but it would be ultimately detrimental to the DL and the team unless JD is one to quickly cut players that he drafted in a previous year. If he adds Ojulari after taking Zuniga last year, most likely he wouldn't take another DE in 2022, and that would be a mistake. There will be much better DEs in the draft next year. That is the time to take a DE, not this year.

tomdeb likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

I love Crowder, but I would absolutely do this. Saleh and LaFleur want to add a playmaker with HR speed anyway, and this would fill the bill. The cap space would allow JD to sign one or two of Sherman, Nelson, Wright, Poole, and Alexander. Maybe Turner. I have zero interest in adding another Edge or S.

ramjets29 likes this.
  9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Jets round 2

1. My first choice would be RB Williams-- he would add instant credibility to their hohum backfleld
    2. Second choice is OL Jenkins
    3. Trade back ONLY IF we get a 2nd and 3rd rounders this year--we got enough mid/low round picks this year and plenty for next year
    4. CB Samuel

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I agree--We got enough on the DL now--we have more pressing needs

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Not where we are--maybe on a trade down. Slot receiver now is a rare position of strength for the jets.

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I probably missed it, but did you like the trade up in round 1? I am sure you liked the Wilson pick.

13. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Elijah or Rondale Moore...both will be great fits and I like pairing a rookie QB with a higher ranked rookie WR

Hopefully with a trade down if I’m being greedy

I think Mims and Davis are the outside WRs on lockdown so a gadget slot type playmaker could be useful

14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

16. NCJetsfan

I'm never wild about trading up, but think it was entirely appropriate under the circumstances, and yes, I like it! We needed an OG and JD got the best one in the draft. I love what JD is doing in this draft!!!!

tomdeb likes this.
  17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I was thinking exactly this while watching the first round, and a lot of others else seem to feel the same too. The reaction from the audience when corners were taken was underwhelming. Not exactly crickets, but not much excitement. After seeing the way Revis played, everyone else just seems mediocre.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

darron lee dedux?

only 2 wanted the guy who will make you smile....

phubbadaman and Lon Chaney like this.