Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no idea what carolina is thinking. we can make assumptions. everyone assumes tlaw and wilson are 1 and 2. those are off the board. everyone assumes niners are taking a QB. assumption is lance or jones but likely jones. either way that leaves 2 of lance/jones/fields to fall down the draft. they must like 1 of them and so must NE. if i had to bet i'd probably say carolina likes lance and NE likes fields but again that's just a guess

2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Isn't that basically what I said? LOL That's really the only scenario if Carolina were to stay at 8 take a QB and not trade with NE. Also, I think the Pats are targetting Fields because the price to get Lance will be too high. You might have to go to 4 to ensure you get Lance.

Yes, SF is taking a QB. It seems like they have soured on Garoppolo. I think SF dumps him very soon.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I also disagree with Simms having Fields going 32 in the draft. No chance that happens, some team is def getting him and will do well if he drops to them

NCJetsfan, PJ4Ever and REVISion like this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Simms ranking QBs by attributes

Borat and Noam like this.
  5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Hard to take him seriously when says that the reason why he has Lance over Fields is because of the “consistency in the throwing”. Lance is the least accurate of the top 5 and I’m not talking CMP%.

Dude is redefining arm strength to “useable arm strength”.

“Could Fields hit the wall?” LOL

Fields 5th in arm strength.
    [​IMG]

#3225 legler82, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Simms makes me like Fields more. I didn’t think that was possible.

patleahy and Rockinz like this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The well is running dry.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

John Beck seems like a good genuine dude. I dig his don't sugar coat it attitude for teams about the guys he is coaching.

Funny how he mentions really only the Patriots haven't talked with him

#3228 Poeman, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Borat, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What an amazing list of QBs Beck works with. Wilson, Fields, Lance, Trask, Stafford, Herbert, Brees, Dalton, Wentz, Garoppolo and Ryan. I really liked Beck's defense of Field's.

Kryoptix, Poeman, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Honestly I throw out everything a QB coach says about anyone he coaches. They'd be doing themselves a massive disservice by not praising every guy they work with. We saw it for years with Jordan Palmer and Darnold.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Did you hear what he said? If he isn't open and truthful, then teams won't work with him, and it also hurts his clients if their teams have unreasonable expectations. He has a great reputation, Palmer not as much.

#3232 NCJetsfan, Apr 29, 2021
    patleahy and Noam like this.
  13. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Hackenberg never played in an NFL regular season game. I’ll give Petty the slight edge.

HomeoftheJets and patleahy like this.
  14. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Exactly.

I don't expect Beck to talk negatively on any of his QBs to the media, he knows that would be disservice to the kids he coach but you can bet he is as honest as he can be with NFL teams. At least in term of how much workload he can manage, his delivery, accuracy, mental toughness.

The main problem that I see from all NFL fans is that they truly believe on the hype based on the tapes and big games (which is fine, it is what what we can only do, evaluate based on results/stats, competition and cold hard facts) but they forget on the MOST important part of all and it's that these young QBs are still learning and improving and they will still be learning for the next 15 years. So mentality and committment are huge factors to consider in projecting long term success for an individual.

For example, Zach Wilson is the prime example, you might find his tape is average, his level of competition or as even pointed out by Ouchy I believe that he has already 'peaked' but it is pretty clear he is very focused on improving as a QB and he has the 'it' factor at least in term of mentality. Beck even mentioned it in this clip, that Zach is a very challenge driven individual. He spend all these hours working on improving every little aspect of his game and being obsessed on proving people wrong and that is exactly why I am behind this pick and why I believe that most NFL teams have bumped him up significantly on their board.

I don't want to sound too cliche and certainly won't drag too much on this because of the Legler on this board will comeback with his usual take, like how do you know? You know him personally, etc... but mentality is huge a make or break for any person to have success. Football or even life in general.

Another example Sam Darnold, from all account, he looked like the part at least in term of football talent but it is obvious that mentally he was not there. He seems like a great person character wise and he also looked as a honest hard worker but he was broken mentally. He had no confidence and he was not able to handle pressure and all the attention were making him nervous and that showed in his play.

I will only say that Joe Douglas is well respect and he has a longterm plan and he certainly believe that Zach is the right person/personality to lift that franchise up. I would give him the benefit of the doubt but personally based on all I have read regarding his go get attitude, I am truly convinced that we won't regret going with Zach Wilson.

#3234 Kryoptix, Apr 29, 2021
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Oh ya bone dry

16. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I re-watched this and I have to disagree with the take that he was under constant pressure.

He faced some pressure but this was nothing close to what would reasonably be considered a fierce pass rush. He was sacked twice and one of those sacks was him tripping over his own feet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan, Kryoptix and JohnnyJet1222 like this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have a really hard time believing this unless the heatmap of Wilson's targets at BYU that PFF put out is just utter bullshit.

The WCO is not a deep sideline offense and that's where Wilson did most of his damage, up the right sideline.

19. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

THIS. Simms absurdly dropping Fields to 32 just screams: "OMG HOT TAKE HERE LOOK AT ME LISTEN TO ME!" that in and of itself makes it hard to take anything he says seriously. totally comes off as just another egotistical, pretentious, hot take phony desperate for people to pay attention to what he has to say, when he does something patently absurd like drop Justin Fields to 32, and I am not even a big Fields guy, but that is just asinine. Simms playing to his audience by taking the media narrative of Fields dropping in the draft and deciding to drive it right off a cliff....almost like he is saying: "well everyone agrees that Fields is dropping, so that isnt enough to get anybody's headlines anymore.....well just look at this, I am basically going to drop Fields out of the first round entirely, haha! that will surely get plenty of headlines and clicks!" garbage.

20. Jason MacIsaac

I think this discussion should shift from which QB is better to how can Wilson get to a level where the Jets can compete for a SB. Support what you have. There is far too much negativity towards the guy that will lead the Jets for the foreseeable future.

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.