Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

If you're going for overall dominance, yes!

But what blows my mind on Metcalf is that he was amongst the worst participants in two athletic categories. Dominant, top of the class in most, and then the absolute slowest in two. It's such a bizarre performance.

REVISion and patleahy like this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm with Rich, lets end this QB nightmare already

3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Jimmy G had an 8.3 YPA and 20 more TD than INT. Looks like he hid it pretty well lol

4. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Miami is a feisty bunch. Not the most talented by far, but boy do they really respond to their head coach. What a tremendous leader he turned out to be and the best of the Belichick coaching tree. I really can't say enough how impressed I am with his leadership skills. Anyway, back to the main point regarding who they will take. I have heard that they have Waddle rated higher than Smith which might be one reason why you now see Smith sliding down the draft boards. Just like Chase, completely different players, Waddle and Smith, so I would think they would take the one who fits more with what they are trying to do. Waddle can also return kicks. Yikes, imagine trying to defend that.

All I know is we are going to have a difficult time covering their offense if they draft either Waddle or Smith. Plus they have pick 18, so they could take OL there.

As for the 3 players, I think all of them have tremendous upside and believe they will become superstars. I hope we're both right, but I'm also a huge fan of Smith too so I'll be right either way unless they all bust which is next to nil. LOL Wish we could have him on the Jets, but that's not happening.

Next year is a great year to draft skill players since we won't have to worry about QB. 2 firsts and 2 seconds, JD is going to have a lot of fun next draft with all that flexibility.

ouchy likes this.
  5. major33

I don't really know since it's kind of tricky with Sam's situation and a new guy coming in who I would expect they want to be the QB in 2022. That's if they go QB of course. No guarantees and Sam might still be the guy. You bring up a good point, but because of the rawness of the rookies, I don't really think this upcoming season will define them depending on the system. If Sam is there, he is probably going to be the starter and not the rookie. Honestly, I have no idea what Carolina is going to do, but they do have 2 QBs right now, both capable of starting and winning 4 games. LOL

I think we have enough to worry about with the Jets. It would be funny though if he wound up on the Giants. Danny Dimes is awful. He may actually be worse than Darnold if that's even possible. I think the Giants are a huge mess.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson! :p

7. major33

Well, I think it was both of them. Obviously, Belichick is a defensive guy, so he's not developing a QB through reps and practice. However, where Belichick played a very important role in Brady's maturation is in the area of leadership and discipline. There is no greater leader and disciplined player than Tom Brady. He's turned into a freak and that had to be Belichick playing a large part in this area of development. It certainly wasn't Charlie Weiss teaching him leadership! Usually, players eventually tire of the disciplinarian type, but Belichick and Tom Brady have been able to have tremendous success in this area & made it work for a very long time. If Brady wasn't disciplined he would not be the Tom Brady we know today.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Brady had the leadership thing down at Michigan.

Big Wolverine fan here and I probably watched all of his starts for the Wolverines. A few big comebacks there when he was the starter.

I was really tuned in to the Wolverines from '97 through '00. Mainly because Carr and Brian Griese produced the co-national championship.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You have to wonder why Chris Simms never fixed himself?

Pass attempts: 511
    Pass completions: 297
    Percentage: 58.1
    TDINT: 12–18
    Passing yards: 3,117
    QB Rating: 69.1

Nothing worse than a guy who has failed telling other people they are going to fail.

Now if it was Joe Montana saying hey this guy stinks then at least it is fair enough, he has been there and done it, Chris Simms is just the worst kind of expert, a loud-mouthed one.

How far would he have gone without a bit of the old nepotism?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Average players generally make better coaches and commentators than great ones. They had a lot of time to think about why they weren't succeeding. This gives them insight into players that the great ones just don't have because they never had to stare failure in the face.

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

AFC East going to get all of these young QBs if the Pats trade up with the Panthers. And the debate will go on for a long time about who is the best QB. I am worry about Fields going to the Pats.

12. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

I like Chris Simms and that he doesn't just post the same boards as everyone else.

But I think he's going to lose some shine as a QB scout after this draft with his love for Mac Jones and his way too low grades on Lance and Fields.

I don't get how a guy that was an Allen and Herbert fan can not like Lance.

NCJetsfan and legler82 like this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’m hyped! Let’s go!

Poeman likes this.
  14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think because there just isn’t enough tape on him to fall in love with him. I also like the intrigue of Lance but I just can’t commit to loving him as a prospect because I just haven’t seen enough and the game I did see this year he looked like a poor mans version of Cam Newton... I think Simms sees it that way too

REVISion likes this.
  15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That was awesome!! HAHA!

I will say this, this pick feels like we may just get this right. Finally. The coaching staff and management staff is in place for this to be the turn.

#3135 Falco21, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    NCJetsfan, REVISion and Poeman like this.
  16. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

Reports are multiple team scouting departments in the top 5 disagree.

Same number of starts as Mac Jones. Only a few less games than Fields.

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not well enough for Mac Jones I guess.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That was an underhand soft ball pitch and you are the only one to hit it. Seems like Wilson fans aren’t as confident about their guy as they boast.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

"WITHOUT A DOUBT!"

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Just the fact he made it to NFL as a QB, was able to stay in NFL for multiple years, even start some, is a huge accomplishment. He's been there, and even though he wasn't talented enough to be a Montana, playing the position for years he has some insight. Also, his dad is SB MVP, he comes from football family. So, if a guy like that takes time to study prospects, I think you have to listen. Now, even more importantly, when you look at his evaluations in the past, he was able to spot the best guys in the draft each time.

Sure, you can ignore an opinion of a former multi year NFL QB coming from football family, who has a great evaluation record, saying he is the worst expert since he wasn't top QB in NFL, but I think a smarter thing would be to at least listen to his reasoning, consider it, and then make your own conclusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.