Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

True and I agree.

I currently live in the Seattle area. Its no secret his route running needs work and he doesn't separate on mid routes. The last 4 games of the season, crunch time in that division, Metcalf got 61, 43, 59, and 21 yards respectively. It was a topic that teams had learned how to contain him. He could absolutely improve but he has to put in the extra route running work beyond just at practice. Its up to him to improve.

2. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

C'mon that's a cop out. Why are people saying any QB that plays for Shanahan has it made.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

All those guys have egos. Of course they're going to take themselves seriously. If they don't take themselves seriously, how will anyone else?

patleahy likes this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They would definitely be at an advantage but if they are a scrub or average, Shanahan’s offense is not going to hide that. Ask Jimmy G.

5. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

You know what I meant, NC. You can disagree with me on Simms (to each his own, we all have preferred analysts, etc), but to put it bluntly, I find him to be a pretentious douchebag who takes himself TOO seriously. Of course everyone has an ego....but that doesn't mean everyone comes across as an ego maniac...everyone takes themselves seriously to a certain degree, but not everyone takes themselves TOO seriously to the point where they come across as pretentious fops. I much prefer guys like Steve Young and Kurt Warner, who not only come across as more intelligent and well-spoken than Simms, but also come across as more genuine and far less pretentious. To each his own, but I am not a Simms fan. I respect the fact that you are. Young and Warner were also far more accomplished as QBs AND experienced than Simms who couldnt beat out Marshall Applewhite at Texas and who had a shitty/mediocre NFL career that ended early, and which didn't see him accomplish anything of note.

6. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I agree. The point is though that NE isn’t necessarily a perfect fit for a young QB. Why isn’t anyone talking about Pittsburgh picking him up though?

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

NE is a great spot. bellichick works wonders with QBs. he won 11 games with matt cassel then traded him for a 2nd round pick. cassel was a 6th round draft pick and sucked. he won 7 games last year with broke down cam newton and 9 opt outs. he made jimmy g look great in the 2 games he played. enough to trade him for a 2nd round pick to SF and get him a big contract. jimmy g has been average with SF since then. not to mention brady a 6th round nobody who became the GOAT under bill. If you think bill isn't a QB whisperer you are crazy. any QB going to NE will be pretty lucky. Same for a QB going to SF.

8. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Not overestimating him, really projecting what he will be on the next level. At 19, he was a dominant force, at 21 he is now a man and not only stronger but he's gotten faster. CBs won't be able to bring him down and when he runs slants over the middle unless there's a LB there, who is taking him down? Now that he's in the NFL, his route running will improve & he will get the best coaching. This guy will be a beast especially after a year off where he could work on his body & route running.

Some players have the "it" factor where you can see the tremendous potential on the next level. He has it. Which is why he's the top-rated WR in this draft without even playing last season!

I love Smith & Waddle. I am SEC all the way. I live in the South and watch the SEC every week. I want Waddle on the Jets, not happening. Waddle and Chase are completely different players, as you know. So it would be kind of unfair to compare the 2. I love both, but for me, the ceiling is higher with Chase because of his strength and ability to get even better than he already is. But I think Waddle will be a superstar too, same with Smith if he can stay healthy.

If the Bengals take Sewell, Miami could take Waddle since he has the connection to Tua. I know they like Waddle over Smith. So Waddle could go before Chase, but I think the Bengals will take Chase & annoy the shit out of you. LOL

PJ4Ever and ouchy like this.
  9. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Borat likes this.
  10. major33

I don't know why he says Chase is not good over the middle when one of his biggest strengths is catching slants over the middle. Nobody can bring him down and he runs for a TD.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  11. legler82

JT O’Sullivan is my favorite because he doesn’t take himself seriously at all. Dude is hilarious. Simms is cool; I appreciate that he doesn’t engage in the group think that most of these draft analysts do. I will say he is laying it in thick with Fields.

NCJetsfan, CotcheryFan and patleahy like this.
  12. patleahy

I prefer to get my in=depth QB analysis from Bubby Brister. ;):)

legler82 likes this.
  13. legler82

I’m partial to Neil O’Donnell’s analysis myself but we all have our favs.

patleahy likes this.
  14. major33

I was kind of talking about the mental aspect of the game. If it's Darnold and either Lance or Fields, there really isn't a mentor thing going on. It's strictly competition. At least with Teddy you have the experience, and that to me is much more valuable than what Darnold could offer Lance or Fields. Also, I would expect Teddy to be more fundamentally sound than Darnold which he can pass on to the younger QB.

Not our problem anymore. We got Zach Wilson to look forward to and all those other draft picks. Should be a fun couple of days since we know just about every player in the country.

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Deshaun Watson.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I raise you one Andrew Luck. But that clocks ticking faster and faster everyday.

legler82 likes this.
  17. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Lol. I really think Watson ends up in Miami soon.

18. patleahy

He does have an AFC title and a Super Bowl appearance to his credit, Legler. ;)

legler82 likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

There's a lot of truth in what you say. But while ideally you would want to draft your QB onto a built team, the luck and timing of finding that QB and being able to draft him make that really hard to synchronize. A valid alternative is to draft your QB when you can and have a vet that he can play behind and learn during T.C., P.S., and practices while you build up the talent around him. This is hopefully what the Jets will now do, although I'm not real excited about the vet QBs available. And because of that, I'm afraid they're going to throw their rookie - whomever it is - into the fire. That's why I was hoping they'd keep Sam, but I do understand that they had to take the deal they got for him.

REVISion and patleahy like this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Damn that's a really good question.
    I still say Allen, as he's just the most talented of the group, and the team fits him well, and has been supporting him well.

Fields would be in a great situation under this scenario though, and would do well imo.
    I also think if the Jets actually find some offensive talent, Wilson will be in a good situation with this offense.
    I'm not as encouraged with Tua's chances, but overall the AFCE would end up a very tough division.

I'm really hoping that neither Fields nor Lance end up falling to NE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.