Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

;)

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well I guess TWO of us are crazy! You found that strange too?

The Dark Knight and cval like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

Well you know if only one person believes something, that's crazy, but if a whole bunch of people believe it, that's visionary!:p

K'OB likes this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Everyone who wants to reach for a QB this years is loony tunes, including JD.

We have one of the weakest rosters in the league and were going to spend what could have been multiple high round picks on an over rated project QB. The #2 this season was worth one of the biggest trade bounties the league has ever seen for that position. If Wilson doesn't become a star it was a wasted pick. People who are okay with going that team building route are loony tunes.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are overthinking this. Zach did have struggles against good teams in 2019, when he was coming off injury, and he brought this up. It is a fair point and a concern, and I also would have liked to see how he would perform against some of these teams. He did play against two ranked teams and a few good defenses, like SDSU, and did well, but yeah, it would be good to see him against P5 also. We didn't get it, so I understand the concern, and agree. I still think he is a clear #2 and I liked his performance against some decent defenses he did have to face last year, but acknowledging the fact that last year after injury he had some bad games against P5, and didn't get to play these this year.

Overall the guy clearly feels Zach will be excellent addition, and I agree with that part as well.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Wasn't BYU like 13 point favorites over Coastal Carolina? I know some like to insist he played well that game but, meh. There is a sizable drop in his game play when he faces better teams. I've not seen a rise to the occasion guy in Wilson.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not quite that high but yeah they were sizable favorites. Coastal was undervalued all year

ouchy likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

I wish they would take Pitts too and rebuild around that stud. Douglas has his sights set though

9. ColoradoContrails

In my "crazy musings" I'm not necessarily agreeing with Hoge's "red flag" analysis. I more agree with what you wrote here, and also agree however that it's a concern but not a "red flag" for me. But until he gets to the NFL and proves it one way or the other, we're not going to know.

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBH I think Pitts might fall out of the top 10.

Outside the box idea. If people are saying Wilson doesn't throw to the middle enough then Pitts would be perfect. If Pitts falls a trade up from 23 for him wouldn't be that bad of an idea. And I despise trading up this early in a rebuild. But we need pro bowlers somewhere. Just don't give up pick 34.

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

And how the devil would picking Devonte Smith the secret love child of Moss and Rice help us, you talk of trading back but when do you think your star player is getting selected?

We have a ton of picks to do with what we want, others may be generated as the draft plays out.

I wanted a trade back to 10-16 and take Lance, it isn't happening, I gave my wish up ages ago but you are still banging on about trading back 450 pages after the first time you mentioned it.

WE KNOW OUCHY, we know.

#2991 K'OB, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  12. BrowningNagle

I bet Pitts goes number 6 to Miami and kicks the Jets asses for 10-15 years. I hope im wrong and the scenario you describe plays out

ouchy likes this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Is it Thursday yet?

The Dark Knight, K'OB and Borat like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

At this point, having traded Darnold, the "wait until next year to draft a QB train" has left the station. There is NO WAY Douglas goes into this season with a scrub or Morgan at QB. He WILL draft a QB.

Where I could agree with you is that if the above were not true, and he still had Darnold to be QB, and if the concerns about Wilson and Fields are legitimate, then yeah, unless Jacksonville did the impossible and passed on Lawrence, I would not use the #2 pick on any of the other QBs and would look to trade back. But as I said, that train has left the station. At this point, you'll just have to accept that the #2 pick is a QB, and then decide who you think that should be.

K'OB likes this.
  15. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Coming from someone who has a Sam Darnold avatar is not exactly a glowing endorsement of his own team-building skills. At some point, you have to trust that we have the right management team in place to make these tough decisions. We have a coaching staff with a certain philosophy and scheme. Zach Wilson fits what they are trying to do. We have 2 firsts and 2 seconds next season. Plenty of picks. But first, we need to take care of the most important position on the field, otherwise, we may not get the chance especially with the way you want to put us in a position where we have no QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

The TEAM did not "rise to the occasion". But keep in mind they only found out they were playing CC 3 days before having to fly cross country to play them. And while I've seen worse ref'd games, there were clearly "home" calls that made a difference, beginning with the first play form scrimmage that reversed the 90 yard TD play, and the PI non-call at the half that prevented another TD and resulted in Zach's only INT. If you watch that game objectively, it wasn't that Wilson played bad or even mediocre, he actually played well, although he didn't look like the Superman he usually was against the "cupcakes".

Noam likes this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Do you realize what we would have gotten to trade back to 10-16? I'm sure you do. Genuine champion building - not some hopeful wildcard push in a few years, if our reach QB coming onto a weak offense doesn't bust. The offseason up to now has shown our trade down should have been to Phily at 6.

If people can keep making the same points about Fields and Wilson page after page I can keep making the same points about why they are both a bad route at #2.

18. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

19. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

SF will take Mac Jones. The reason I believe this is that you can plug Jones in right away & he's smart enough to execute the game plan. His recall and memory are off the charts. Although Lance may have a much higher ceiling, Jones fits SF right now. Garrapolo is probably gone. Lance will be there at 4 but I think Atlanta takes Pitts since they just restructured Matt Ryan for 3 years. Chase will go to the Bengals.

Curious to see who the Dolphins take. Probably Waddle over Smith. Dolphins probably hoping someone takes a QB at 4 so either Chase or Pitts is there at 6. That's probably what they thought when they made the initial deal. Oh well, Waddle is a nice consolation.

Penei Sewell anyone?

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree regarding Washington, but not regarding Carolina. If a QB is there at #8 that they like, I believe they will take him. They're not going trust their future to Sam Darnold. They'd let Darnold play this year and trade Bridgewater. If Darnold played lights out they could tag and trade him and at least recoup their 2nd round pick. If not, they could let him walk, hand the reins to the rookie, and could possibly get a comp pick back for Darnold.

The Dark Knight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.