What QB do we draft now?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BacktoQueens, Feb 26, 2018.

?

Who do we draft at QB?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2018.
  1. Allen

10.6%
  2. Mayfield

33.3%
  3. Darnold

13.6%
  4. Rosen

28.8%
  5. Jackson

3.0%
  6. Rudolph (after round 1)

3.0%
  7. Falk (after round 1)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (after round 1)

6.1%
  9. No one

1.5%
  1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmm
    Sounds about right

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

How bored are you?

and if we took Allen, we’d have traded him or more likely he’d just be benched behind whatever QB we took this year because no one would want him.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I guess there weren't enough conflicts with this year's draft that we had pull out more for m the past

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Rockinz

Umm no. If we would of taken him we’d be where Buffalo is and we’d be looking back saying thank god. Instead here we are drafting another QB. Buffalo was in the same spot we were in they drafted 8 we moved up from 6. Basically the same win total.

5. BroadwayAaron

Theres no way in hell you believe that.

6. Rockinz

I definitely do.

Todd Bowles D just won a SB and was impressive. I think he could of got our D to be as good as Buffalos. Yes, we would of needed a better OC and maybe we would of hired Daboll and picked up a number 1 receiver like Diggs

7. BroadwayAaron

Oh so maybe we would have done the complete opposite of what we actually did? There’s 0 basis for anyone to believe that. Purely fantasy.

ouchy and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I quote out of context proves nothing. You have always liked boom or bust prospects. That's nothing to be proud of, but you're so ignorant, you think it is. If you'll notice, I said that I wouldn't hate Allen. I wanted Mayfield, but wouldn't have hated if Allen were the pick. That indicates that I liked him, doofus.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

and

phycic? "could of got" "would of"

Methinks you need to spend less time here showing your ignorance, and more time learning our language (correct grammar and spelling). It should be "could have" and "would have" not "could of" and "would of", and the word is spelled "psychic."

10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Woof....I hate me sometimes...:(

I was 100% wrong about Allen. The Bills did such an incredible job with him.

Rockinz and legler82 like this.
  11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I agree. I thought Allen was a good fit for us. I felt he would be able to buy development time relying on his elite physical traits. I predicted early in his career some ugly field position/defensive battle type wins and/or competitive losses with him keeping the chains moving with his running and ability to shed defenders in the pocket and extend plays. This moderate success would afford him and the CS the time and patience. It played with pretty much exactly like that in Buffalo.

What traits does Wilson bring to the table that will buy him and the new regime development time? Remember time and patience is in short supply in NY. Are we banking on Wilson being able to read NFL defenses at an average level at the start? Is his arm so special that he’ll be able to power the ball in windows anyway as he’s figuring things out a la Mahomes, Allen and Herbert? Is he running threat a la Allen and Jackson? Is it the quick release that’s going to do it?

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Rockinz likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, Todd Bowles did NOT win a SB - Ariens did, while Bowles performed well at what he does best: DC. In addition to a better OC, we also needed better weapons on offense, a better OL, and a HC who understands how to build and coach a team in the offensive era of the NFL. But, yeah, aside from that, just adding Allen would've gotten us to the SB.:rolleyes:

14. Rockinz

I like Wilson I don’t Love him like Allen or Lawrence. I think what he has going for him is his ability to get the ball out quick with his release on target with his accuracy. I think he can win with that in a Shanahan offence that is dominated by a wide zone run game and play action.

15. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Bowles was 14-35 as Jets coach since the Buffalo debacle late in the 2015 season. He is not an NFL head coach.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Rockinz

I don’t think SB but I think he would of made us a playoff team for sure.

17. ColoradoContrails

I was all in on Rosen, and really didn't see how badly he would fail. Of course, this underscores the problem with any of us not privy to all the information teams have, such as interviews with the player, his teammates, coaches, and family and friends. Obviously, a player's mental, emotional make up, and personality play a big factor in whether they succeed or fail, and we fans have no way of knowing this stuff.

I will stand by my opinion that it would take an unprecedented amount of change for Allen to become successful, given his accuracy issues. In fact, he DID accomplish an unprecedented change in his mechanics to drastically improve, and kudos to him, but also to the Buffalo Bills for helping him and giving him the OL and weapons to make it possible. The Jets would not have done that under Macc and Bowles/Gase.

18. Rockinz

McDermott and him were both defensive first time coaches and we were in the same spot with our franchises when the 17’ draft went down. If we took Allen we wouldn’t be where we are today I guarantee it

19. ColoradoContrails

Nope. He is not HC'ing material, and the Jets didn't do anything to improve the OL and weapons like Buffalo did.

20. Rockinz

I’m on my phone with a little thing called auto correct. Go watch some film and learn a thing or two from my posts instead of being so childish