Jets draft picks who you were right about/wrong about over the years

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetFan20, Apr 19, 2021.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I must have missed something... You hated that we picked Richardson in the first round instead of Geno Smith, which means you must have really loved the Smith pick in the 2nd round, considering you would have felt we got a steal. Yet you didn't list the Smith pick as a "Loved the pick and was wrong:"

2. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

you got me

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    I always thought Marino would have done as well or better with the Jets. Wesley Walker, Mickey Schuler, Freeman McNeil were better weapons than the Marx Bros, no matter what anybody says, and Marino moved GREAT in the pocket + fastest release since Namath, so he would have been far less hamstrung by the Jets' sub-par O-Line. The Jets D was superior in the early/mid-80's. The Dolphins never had a decent running game during Marino's whole career--despite Jimmy Johnson throwing assets at the run game left and right....
    While O'Brien, with his slow windup, but stellar accuracy and deep ball touch, would have been better suited to the Dolphins' elite O-line and fair weather.

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It would be nice to rid S.O.Jets fans of the phrase “picked O’ Brien over Marino” considering he’s one of our better draft picks regardless of what could have been.

If nothing else, it should be replaced with “picked Adams over Mahomes”

TwoHeadedMonster and James Hasty like this.
  5. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Man that coples pick! Hated it as much as ghoston. I was at draft for Robertson trade, was so mad we gave up 2 picks for him. Same with lam jones, could have had HOF tackle. Blair Thomas, I was one that hated it. Freeman loved the pick. Wesley Walker and Gasteneau! Loved them too. Hated not drafting Marino. Sanchez was a blah for me, wanted to keep Farve. TEs in 1st round - hated. I think I hated the trades we made even more than picks. Parcels trading out of 1st pick and HOF tackle, trading hugh Douglass, rob Moore, Abraham, Vilma, etc. because didn’t want to pay. Liked the 2000 draft! Loved signing Martin and giving up 1st and 3rd. As jet fan not much to love, but we did have some nice picks over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#85 Sack exchange, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  6. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

If Mahomes came here when he did, he would not be the QB he is now

cval likes this.
  7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

That applies to 100% of quarterbacks the Jets have never drafted.

8. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I secretly thought the Bryce Petty pick was going to turn out to be a value selection.