A little history... 3rd best Jet game EVER!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

.. This is the entire game.. KOB, this one is for you Bud...

azhar80, horsehead, RPOZ51 and 8 others like this.
  2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I enjoy when posters post throwback games and discuss old-school Jets teams and players, esp the mid 80's, so thanks for posting CMan. :)

Cman68 likes this.
  3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

For a regular season game I would put the Jets 27-21 victory over the Giants in the 1988 season finale which eliminated the Giants from the playoffs as a better game than this one.

azhar80 and Endlessly Counting like this.
  4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I remember that game and was watching it.... Thanks Cman65

Cman68 and ouchy like this.
  5. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Below are 2 ticket stubs for the game. I went with my dad and sat in sec 325. Usually sat in other seats since we had a bunch of season tickets but somehow wound up in that section for this game. The ticket stub on the left, sec 128 was only $17.00 !!!! I picked that stub up off the ground in the parking lot as I was walking out of the stadium. I was a huge ticket stub collector when I was growing up & saved most of them.

[​IMG]

6. patleahy

haha it is awesome that you were at that classic Jets game with your Dad, Major. Kenny O'Brien lit up the sky in that game!

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Dude that’s awesome. Best thing I’ve seen all day

8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Thank you Cman you made my day with that one brother. It was nice to see real football once again. Men were men, and hell there were a lot less flags.

Walker, Hector, and O’Brien were great. Hats off to the back judge for a great catch too.

Cman68 and patleahy like this.
  9. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Yes I'm very lucky to have been to many memorable Jets games thanks to family and friends who had tickets back then. That was also the game where afterward we were driving through Manhattan behind and in front of KOB & Pat Ryan as they were headed home together. We were going berserk in the car all happy after the game and they were cheering, waving, and smiling at us as we made our way through Manhattan to the Midtown Tunnel. Also had a catch in the parking with Tony Paige after that game. The 1980s were the best.

LogeSection2RowJ, K'OB and patleahy like this.
  10. patleahy

Agreed, major33, haha! :);)

major33 likes this.
  11. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

this is the game that made me a Jets fan. i was deciding between them and the jints when i saw this game and made a terrible rash decision. stupid 11 y/o dealing with the consequences ever since.

Cman68, Noam and patleahy like this.
  12. patleahy

haha that is a funny story, 24McNeil....:);)

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I was on the West coast that season. A buddy of mine let me and a friend use their season tickets for the 49ers that day. So I watched the first half on TV and experienced the second half on the car radio. It was still memorable. Got to go to the Jets Niners game later that season. I dressed in full Jets garb and snuck a bottle of tequila in, which turned out to be the only good thing about that game.

Footballgod214 and patleahy like this.
  14. patleahy

haha cool memory ouchy. did you catch any shit wearing your jets gear in Candlestick Park?

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

A little. This was 86 and the niners were full on dynasty and rabid. The were cool with the gear but they weren't cool with cheering against the niners. The tequila didn't help. We got a lucky int and after cheering someone several rows up threw beer down at me, but it hit all the people behind me and they all got mad so at the guy so? Now that I think about it, its probably a good thing we played so crappy that day. When the 4th started it was 21-3 so we went to the upper deck and smoked a joint. Cause, you know, 80s.

patleahy likes this.
  16. patleahy

lol I can dig it, Ouchy.

ouchy likes this.
  17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I moved to Brooklyn in May '84 after graduating from college to start a job in NYC, never lived near there before. My landlord was a statistician for MSG and had ties with all the local teams. After he found out I was a Jets fan he made some calls and was able to get me season tickets around the 45 yard line. I didn't know anyone at all in the area at that time so I passed. 2 years later after this game I asked him if he could still get tix, he just laughed.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bittersweet game for me. Great comeback and performance by the Jets against our biggest rival. O'Brien and Walker both had maybe their greatest games.

It was the beginning of the end for Joe Klecko, who was my favorite player. Klecko, BTW, directly caused both Marino sacks in the game. Stephenson and Miami's left guard had him double-teamed on the first one and he pushed the LG back - causing him to step on Marino's foot and cause the sack. That kind of play was one that Klecko had made repeatedly over the years, forcing an offensive lineman into a QB or RB with disastrous consequences for the opponent.

Cman68 and patleahy like this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It is my dream game

Fuck you Dan, fuck you

Cman68 likes this.
  20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Am I the only dickhead that's going to ask what the second best game ever was? Pats in the playoffs?

K'OB and patleahy like this.