Bold predictions: JD wheels and deals

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

The draft is coming in hot and things usually don’t go exactly how we envision it in the pre draft process. Here are a few bold predictions that I think could happen.

1. JD trades up from 23 to land one of the top end OL (Darrisaw,Slater,Jenkins) or top end CB (Surtain,Horn). If one of these guys slips past Miami’s 18th pick I could see JD making the move to go up a few spots to secure the guy he wants.

2. JD trades CJ Mosley for 3rd this year. When Saleh had his presser a few days ago when asked about CJ his answers at first didn’t alert me but after it got me thinking. He said “CJ can play in any system” at first I felt he was talking about our new defensive system but it got me thinking it could also be a sales pitch to other teams.

3. JD trades a 5th for Zack Ertz after losing out on a TE in the earlier rounds. The first 4 rounds have potential to land 5-6 starters on this team and I’m sure he has a few TEs he likes but if he loses out on them due to other players he likes I think he could make a deal to bring in Ertz that would be a massive upgrade at the position.

let’s here some other bold predictions for the draft and the rest of the offseason!

#1 Rockinz, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I’d be pretty surprised if Douglas didn’t trade down from 34. Outside of taking Wilson at 2 that’s the thing I’m most sure of happening in this draft.

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

After JD drafts a slot guy with our 2nd round pick (Toney/Moore/Moore/Brown) he flips Crowder and a late round pick for a 2nd or a 3rd.

NCJetsfan and Rockinz like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I lose, they lose, he loses but you tighten a loose belt ;)

I like all of those scenarios though, especially 2 and 3 if Ertz didn't price himself out of a move, I couldn't believe he was 30 though tbh.

FJF and Rockinz like this.
  5. Rockinz

I could definitely see this. Especially after GMs have an entire night to digest the first round and see who slipped into the 2nd round

NCJetsfan and Big Cat like this.
  6. Rockinz

Ya it seems a lot of the premium TEs are in their 30’s. What shocked me was Kelce and Gronk are the same age. Seems like Gronk has been around forever and Kelce just blossomed the last few years.

K'OB likes this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Mahomes is what brought Kelce to everybody's attention lol

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

meh I wouldn’t quite say that as if no one knew Kelce was this good...he’s been good since he entered the league. His 2016 season was real good too.

PJ4Ever and FJF like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Last year Douglas created the James Morgan pick by trading down, right? That is why I never complained about the pick, because he made it happen and still got Mims.

Quinnenthebeast and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Good idea for a thread, thanks for starting it! I like that it's "bold" predictions and like your Ertz idea, bold and possible! Here's a few from my end:

1) JD won't trade up in the 1st round...I think all of that "JD looking to trade up" stuff is an attention getting headline surrounding a process for due diligence by JD and his staff...I'm sure he's working to know where he can trade up/down within their respective spots so he's ready to capitalize on something should it be w/in reach...but trading up in the 1st round will be too costly for a guy that both likes his draft picks and needs to fill a multitude of holes on this dilapidated roster

2) Lock in edge at #23 with JD choosing that over OL/CB due to this defense needing to get to the QB...he'll know that while you can find good guards and competent corners later in rounds 2 and 3, you need a very good to great edge (not just good and certainly not just competent) to actually get to the QB...easier to find OL/CB help later if a very good edge is still on the board at 23 and I'm saying there will be one available

3) We definitely go OL in round 2 and then JD figures out how to get an additional 3rd round choice this year and gets one of his RB targets....I keep hearing this system can work w/ no namers etc...but we need a little something more solid here and w/ three 3's we fill OL/CB/RB...leaving us with QB, Edge, OL, OL, CB, RB after six picks

Jets_Grinch and Rockinz like this.
  11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That’s a solid haul if it works out that way. My heart would like Jenkins and Humphery at 23 and 34 but my brain realizes it won’t work out that way. Probably a solid guard with just one of those picks and another OL a little later.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If we trade down, it will probably be for 2022 picks. Too many unknowns with the class with so many players who haven’t played in over a year.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

1. At least one defensive player is taken in the first 3 rounds

2. A RB is taken on day 3

3. A kicker is drafted in round 6

4. There will be one pick that will have most of this site asking "WTF are they doing?"

5. A trade down happens with Atlanta on draft day in which they move up to 2 and grab Lance while we get Fields at 4

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I posted this idea in the other thread (Predict first two picks):

JD trades back with Atlanta for Matt Ryan, In the original post I said the Jets would also get this year's 2nd and next year's 1st but upon further thinking that's probably way too rich. Still, Ryan and this year's 2nd or next year's 1st or maybe 2nd might be possible. Douglas could then take Fields, and have a vet QB to play in front of him while he learns.

Or, Douglas likes one of the "lesser" QBs, he could trade the #4 pick for still more assets and still get the above benefits.

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

#4 happens every year lol. No way to #5.....

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This one doesn't involve the Jets, but I saw this article:

Ravens could dump Lamar Jackson in radical move: NFL expert (nypost.com)

and I didn't want to put it in a separate thread so I'll post it here.

Ravens send Lamar to SF for the #3 and Garoppolo. Ravens get to reset with a new QB while also having a Vet to give him time to come up to speed; SF gets the missing piece to a SB run.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  17. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yah I didn’t read the article but I saw Bucky Brooks say something like that on NFL Network.

my reactions:

1. Bucky Brooks is a moron...seriously....just about every take this guy has makes like zero sense....every time I read his draft predictions or other trade stuff I just come away thinking he’s an idiot with no clue. Literally disagree with just about everything he says

2. the Ravens are one of the best run teams in the league....why would they trade away their MVP QB for an unknown rookie...they literally changed their whole offense for Lamar...and while someone like Fields may have a similar skill set, there is no way to know he’d be as good as Lamar

This whole idea was so stupid

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its draft week. We can discount everything we see in television that isn't a report coming directly from a team. This week the competition for views and ad revenue will drive many a crazy prediction and controversial view. It will be almost as unreliable as political news.

Jets79 likes this.
  19. Rockinz

You never know but 5 is more fantasy than bold.. if Atl gives a king’s ransom they will want Wilson

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's an interesting concept when dealing with the QB slot. Frankly, why not treat it like college....let your QB star graduate then simply replace him with the next 5-star recruit.

Save your team $30-$40 million in cap space every year, since your QB is always on his rookie deal. If you luck into a Mahomes, fine. But anything short of Mahomes, like Lamar for example, why pay him top QB $$$ to never win a SB?