Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We all win!

Need this pick to hit for the franchise's sake, because at the end of the day the optimists and pessimists will be hoping for Jets to get wins and we need our QB to be one of the main reasons for it.

Noam and patleahy like this.
  2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I would take Kiper's opinion over Cowherd's. Cowherd is a pathetic, pretentious smarmy fool who anyone with at least half a brain can see right through. As you noted, he loves to play the role of "pseudo-intellectual contrarian", ....his "next level thinking/I view things from a completely different perspective than everyone else on planet earth, bc I am just that kinda genius level guy" is just more hot take/clickbait, LOOK AT ME garbage, no different than Screamin' A Smith or Skip Bayless, etc.

Noam and Poeman like this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of Cowherd. However.

Yesterday, that Is exactly what I said to myself as I was finishing watching through ALL of Wilson's 2019 games this week. I said..

"Fuck, this guy makes stupid throws just like, Darnold."

The significance of that to me Is that, I can't believe more NYJ fans aren't seeing these things, we just had a player that made these type of decisions, yet, Jets fans are pounding the table for this kid. It literally blows my mind.

He got away with a lot of throws that just wouldn't work In the NFL as well.

Then, I think to myself, this kid Is doing some of the dumbest things against lesser competition.

I think. Truly. There are more people riding that hype train rather than actually formulating their own opinion on this kid based on what his college tape actually shows.

It's hard to fathom otherwise.

I guess I'm just that blind. Yikes.

abyzmul likes this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

A big concern for me is that Wilson usually throws from a clean pocket yet he frequently locks in on receivers. He wont have a clean pocket on the Jets and you cant lock in on receivers in the NFL. That is my forth red flag with him, to go along with inconsistent year to year, lack of success against quality defenses, and injury history. He's Kid Red Flag and I agree with Cowerd that he has about a 15% chance of succeeding on the Jets.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Cowherd is only trashing Wilson because he thinks the Jets are taking Wilson, and he's salty the Jets traded his golden boy.

Poeman, bicketybam, Noam and 3 others like this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

I've been getting that a lot lately. I can't imagine It's just a convenient attempt to discredit my opinion though... Surely not.

[​IMG]

legler82 likes this.
  7. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

I’m glad we can finally agree on something

bicketybam and cval like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Why are you still poking at them, it is only ever going to garner one kind of reply?

You have literally just called his choice biased because of his Alma Mater and that is never going to end well.

Well, 5 days or so and it will be all over, thank fuck.

Edit and I see it did indeed garner that reply.

ColoradoContrails and patleahy like this.
  10. patleahy

yeah if they REALLY did give all that up for Mac Jones, it is a move Ryan Pace would have pulled....in fact he probably admires them for doing it, lol.

11. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

It’s a double entendre as “SA” aka seeking arrangements is where I go if I feel like banging someone’s daughter.

You also seem lost. More so on your over inflated sense of prospect knowledge.

Stay in your lane and stick with drinking, yelling at the tv and secretly hating your life.

bicketybam and cval like this.
  12. patleahy

Is he still an active poster, Ouchy?

13. IIMeanDeanII

Damn.. You gathered all of that "accurate" info from my overall post history, did ya? Impressive.

Thank you again... For such an amazing contribution to these forums.

Thank you for clarifying I got the first interpretation correct, I'm sure your super proud of the second, so I'll just leave that super proud (I'm sure) part of your life alone.

14. patleahy

^^I gotta admit...I wasn't expecting that! :eek::eek::eek:

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is exactly right. Cowherd was 100% on the Darnold bandwagon. He led it actually. Even up to September 2020. Then he finally jumped off and blamed the Jets for his failures. Now, of course, he will trash his replacement, who will likely succeed. Classic Cowherd. He is not a moron though. He just says this stuff to cause controversy and get clicks. 15% for Wilson is clearly to make headlines and cause people to get upset. He is a shock-jock kind of guy. The people that fall for it or get upset are the dumb ones.

I'd rank it like this for NFL success or as Cowherd said, a 2nd contract:
    1. Lawrence-75%
    2. Wilson-65%
    3. Jones-51%
    4. Fields-51%
    5. Lance- 51%

The other 3 are lower right now because I don't know where they are going.

patleahy likes this.
  16. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

I would do it as odds the player is perceived as the best QB 3-5 years from now.

Zach Wilson 50%
    Trey Lance 40%
    Justin Fields 10%

bicketybam and The Dark Knight like this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Looks like Zach is now his Baker Mayfield. Look, you need to understand a place for Herd, Geeny, Eisen, whatever other media talking heads there are. They are eloquent folks, who don't have any more understanding of the game than fans on this board. Actually less. Sometimes their take will be correct, others wrong, it's basically pretty random. He is just like any other fan that does not get too deep into the analysis and is often clueless. The only difference is that he has an outlet and casuals are listening to him, but I personally think his level of assessment is below a big chunk of these on this board.

Zach's rise on the draft boards is not a media phenomena like Sam's #1 overall media consensus 3 years ago was, but reflection of what football people are actually saying about Zach. Trevor is the media favorite, followed by Fields. Zach is high up on the boards because there are NFL sources who basically say teams like Jets and 49ers, other QB needy teams rate Zach really high and would take him if available. That's why they are putting him at #2 - because they are hearing this from football people. If you compare that to Sam for example, two teams that needed a QB passed on him for Baker and a RB. Media, including Herd, was all along saying he should go #1, and Sam's hype was media generated. With Zach the hype is from people who know, football people. That's why I am not surprised that few media members who actually rate him top 2 happen to be former QBs, like Orlvosky, who claim to now have watched the tape.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Sometimes people see what they want to see. Based on what you are saying, you seem convinced this statement is true for people who like Wilson on this board, but this may just be true for yourself. Ask yourself this, why did so many former QBs/Coaches who actually looked at the tape like Wilson? Warner, Simms, Young, JT O'Sullivan, Jenkins, Knapps and LaFleur (according to Young) ... Even Theismann and Orlvosky are saying great things and rate either #1 or #2. Do they know less than you? Has it occurred to you that maybe you are the one who see what he wants to see, given bias for Ohio St and Fields? To me objectively, I can see why someone would prefer Fields over Wilson and consider both good prospects, but your are throwing red flags around like someone who is not able to make objective assessment, and is seeing what they want to see, like Cowherd.

19. patleahy

You know what, K'OB??? You're absolutely right. Kudos to you for calling me out, esp. now that things have calmed down within this thread. I apologize, MeanDean.

K'OB and Noam like this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

This Isn't super hard to understand.

I for one, don't care about what you pull from the internet to make you feel better about your stance on, Zach Wilson. It's okay to like whoever you may, along with anyone else. It's totally fine.

We could go back and forth In this weird "well, this person likes him, I'm right. Well, okay, but, this person says this, so, I must be right..." Yada.. Yada.

It's boring. It doesn't matter and It doesn't prove anything.

I don't like Zach Wilson as a prospect because of his overall tape, his cupcake 2020 Covid schedule. It's not something that needs to be over assessed. I can break down exactly why I don't like Zach Wilson as a prospect, but, It doesn't matter at the end of the day.

I don't need former "NFL" anybody to make me feel okay about the research and film study I've done on my own time. I'm secure In my opinion and I don't have to like both too. I am fully comfortable, right or wrong, putting myself out there and declaring that I think Zach Wilson Is a mistake for this team. I do not like his overall game. I know I have a lot I don't like when I watch his tape, especially against tougher opponents, especially his 18' and 19' tape.

I keep seeing people say things like this. Like people are just pretending like they don't see Zach Wilson's flaws and are absorbed by how perfect he Is...

How dare anyone dislike Zach Wilson!!

That's absurd to me.

I'm very secure In my stance. I think those that have put the time into researching these prospects, watching the film, they shouldn't be belittled for having an opinion that differs from the rest of the hype around the kid.

To each their own though.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.