Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

He has the superior arm with the release, accuracy, positioning, twitchy fast hands and throwing motion. Wilson is more accurate than Fields but not by much as I feel it’s a trait that Fields doesn’t get enough credit for but Wilson’s separates himself on throws outside the pocket with his accuracy. It’s very impressive. His release we both know is the best in the draft. The positioning of his hands when he takes the snap and where he holds the football post snap is also much better than Fields. I feel Fields holds the ball too low when he scrambles and that will lead to fumbles. The football is too high when he’s in the pocket that will lead to a longer throwing motion. Rodgers had the same issue coming out(Rodgers ball positioning was a lot worse) and it can be fixed. Wilson has super twitchy hands and that’s such an underrated QB quality but it’s so important and he probably developed that from playing a lot of basketball. His hand speed receiving the snap is light years in front of anyone in the draft. Wilson’s throwing motion is almost perfect as well and is the best by far in the draft as well and that includes Lawrence. Arm strength I feel is close but I give the edge to Fields there.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They are ready to win now. If I was a 9ers fan I would prefer Wilson too. He’s a system fit and they can win by him just being better then Jimmy G. That’s why Mac Jones is a serious possibility. We’re rebuilding; upside should be our be outplay IMO. In 2018 Baker, Rosen and Darnold were the supposed “pro-ready” QBs. Allen was the upside play.

3. legler82

Outside of hand speed, I disagree.

4. Rockinz

If the 9ers pass on Fields they are insane

5. Rockinz

That’s fine but if you think Fields has a better throwing motion you my friend are not looking at the prospect equally. Wilson’s throwing motion is far superior to anyone in the draft class not just Fields and everyone knows how much I love Lawrence too

6. legler82

Not all.

The Deshaun Watson Situation (POLL added for the potential price)
    Post by: legler82, Jan 20, 2021 in forum: New York Jets

7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I have to shake my head at the Lamarr Jackson talk. He is basically Kaepernick 2.0. In fact, that might be unfair to Kap, who in spite of his own passing limitations, was a better passer than Jackson. Jackson REMAINS a very limited passer, just as he was in college, so that criticism of him remains valid. His success in the NFL thus far has been due to his running ability as well as the offense with Baltimore has created just for him, a ground-based running attack that limites his passing liabilities as much as possible. In other words, more of less the same exact offense Greg Roman (who excels at devising such power running attacks featuring QBs who are a threat to hurt you with their feet moreso than with their arm) devised for Kap and SF, albeit with some updates and fine tuning. Things went great for them in 2019 when Jackson and the Ravens took the league by storm.....and then in 2020, as teams started to adjust to Jackson and Roman's offense, the Baltimore offense started to struggle at times and their overall record dipped...which is basically what happened to Roman, Harbaugh and Kap in SF after a few seasons.

Just visit any Baltimore board, and see how much faith most of their fans now have in Jackson as a passer or as a guy who can lead them to a Super Bowl. He still struggles with that aspect of his game, and defenses have adjusted to what Roman is doing to try to hide that face. I would rather draft ANY of the top QBs this year and roll the dice with them, than have a guy with Jackson whose passing limitations will always be there.

8. legler82

I don’t think he has a better throwing motion. As I’ve said a thousand times, I just don’t care about a QB’s throwing motion if it’s not impacting their accuracy. I have no qualms with you if that’s a big thing for you. To each his own.

Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)
    Post by: legler82, Yesterday at 8:12 PM in forum: New York Jets

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

We aren't talking about the same thing. I'm not talking about "big game" pressure. I think Fields has no problems rising to the moment. He was phenomenal against Clemson and truly played great in the big pressure game.

I'm talking about pressure while in the pocket. Defender pressure. Big difference.

10. legler82

I take the Lamar comps to Fields as an insult quite frankly.

patleahy likes this.
  11. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

There are no great comps for Fields. If you had to force one I would say Deshaun Watson but I don't think Fields is as good.

patleahy likes this.
  12. Rockinz

It’s important for me because once that ball is snapped you have 2 seconds to get it out. So after your drop it comes down to the release and motion to get it out. I don’t feel Fields throwing motion is bad but I do feel like it’s a bit long and not as compact as it could be. When the throwing motion is natural with an incredibly quick release it will translate to less sacks.

patleahy likes this.
  13. patleahy

I don't blame you, and I am glad you agree with me regarding Jackson's obvious limitations as an NFL QB.

14. legler82

We are talking about the same thing. That’s just the first article I found. He had poor numbers when pressured in general.

15. legler82

That’s fine. I only want Fields to speed his drop and set up. Because most of OSU’s passing routes incorporate a lot of long developing routes, he’s gotten lazy in that department. He takes his sweet time. He can’t afford to do that with that slower throwing motion. Speeding up the motion would be a bonus not a necessity for me.

16. patleahy

17. legler82

The better players are usually the ones harder to comp.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I’d say by this time next week we will have finally moved on but let’s get real...

19. legler82

Release speed is being overrated as part of the Wilson hype train IMO. There are a lot of trash ass QBs out there that get ball out quickly. The 49ers is about to get rid of one of them.

20. legler82

Maybe I’m a weirdo but I never get the practice of taking the time out to post in a thread just to complain about the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.