Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jesus. This thread has become a shit show

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'd like to see these.

legler82 likes this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

“serious about him” is so vague. Shit I’m serious about him; that doesn’t mean I’m picking him as the 1st or 2nd overall player in this draft.

4. legler82

I don’t hate anybody associated with the draft except for maybe Todd McShay. He sucks.

5. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I wish I could have a full list of quotes but I don't.. it's on many hours podcast I have listened and watched and it's tidbit. It might be on the latest Chris Simms podcast where he ranked the TE.

Basically the perception is that Zach Wilson was never in consideration until this year but for NFL teams he has been on the radar since his freshman year.

6. legler82

The NFL insiders have reported that the Panthers “will” exercise Sam’s 5th year option but they haven’t yet. They have until sometime after the draft to do it. It’s like Wilson to the Jets; it’s a done deal except technically it’s not.

#1766 legler82, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  7. Kryoptix

That is very cynical coming from you.

All NFL teams have different top 3, 95% of the time so what would it change honestly if he was ranked top 10 and now he is drafted top 3? Everything right?
    Same with Trey Lance who is also very well liked from NFL teams.

8. legler82

What’s consideration? No one thought he wasn’t getting drafted.

9. Kryoptix

That's basically how you framed it... with your comment regarding Fields who has been on the spotlight for with Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson

You quote:
    "That’s still extremely high praise for Wilson. Remember the class has a QB deemed generational by most in the know and one who was neck and neck with said generational talent up until the point they stopped playing football"

Your assumption is that Fields was always ranked 2nd overall until they stopped playing football which seem more like a personal opinion and media perception than the truth regarding NFL teams.

10. legler82

I have no idea what this means in relation to what we are talking about. So serious means he was top 2, 3 or 10 all along?

11. Kryoptix

In the top group of QB.

legler82 likes this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

1 What makes you think anything had changed?

2 I was telling you what I thought of your post the same as I did for some of the others, the other day you are bemoaning gifs that are inflammatory and then you post a comment that is 10x worse in that way and likely to exacerbate the situation further.

As I said, both sides are hardly showing off their good sides, the whole point of me saying about Lance/tradeback was to assure you that I am not on either side.

Besides, I thought beef was for rappers, the only beef I know about is the one in the fridge for Sunday lunch.

legler82 likes this.
  13. legler82

Oh OK so in a round about way you are finally answering the question around what “serious” and “consideration” means. So your take is that Wilson was always a top 2, 3, 10 pick since he’s freshman year?

14. legler82

[​IMG]

K'OB likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've been saying that all offseason. I'm not depressed, I'm pissed. If JD isn't the right man for this job, then I'm not giving the Jets any more chances. I'm done.

And how exactly did I rip anyone to shreds? I just said I don't understand some posters being such masochists, because that's what they're being. They're free to do that if they choose, but I have been a masochist long enough. This is the Jets' last chance as far as I'm concerned. If JD doesn't draft the right players, and the team doesn't look appreciably better with Saleh and LaFleur here, I'm done. I won't waste one more second of my time, life or energy on this dumb team.

#1775 NCJetsfan, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  16. legler82

Well if this is true, I have even less faith in the scouting community than I had before and that wasn’t much.

17. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

I think the Lawrence hype entirety unwarranted. He's going to be starter but being tall and a "winner" isn't enough for me.

Wilson didn't get the media hype because he was at BYU. The others were at football factories playing more games in front of national audiences.

18. Kryoptix

I don't have a take. I am just reporting what I have heard. You know better than that that nobody can have an answer to that.

What is consideration? Top 5? Drafted? Top 10? Etc.
    How the fuck I know?! What does it fucking change? It means he was on the draft radar since his freshman season. That's it!!

Nobody make ranking 3 years in advance other than media and 99.99% they are totally wrong in their ranking too.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. legler82

Draft radar since freshman season doesn’t dispel the notion he had a meteoric rise. That’s what I thought you were debating and using the terms “serious” and “consideration” to support. If didn’t give a fuck or didn’t know, you could have not responded. It’s either you believe he was a top guy all along or he was not. At this point, I have no idea what you are trying to convey.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I hate Kiper.., bloat

Poeman and legler82 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.