Dumb Fansided Article

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No problem, and Herndon can take the crap uniforms with him when he goes.

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

None of them will get traded... I could see them being cut but I’m not sure there is much interest and a GM willing to give up draft capital for an aging slot Wr, a bust TE, LB off the couch. Maye is the only one we might be able to get a pick for.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Outstanding player aside..You dont trade Maye for Psychological reasons as he maintains the heart and soul of the Team and good role model

Mosley a Couch potato who knows we are stuck with him (little Interest for trade) ..hopefully shows some professionalism next season

Herndon is a decision I support either way

The same with Crowder ,,although I believe they want a solid go to guy for the young QB Wilson

Lets see what happens

4. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I'm generally opposed to "selling low" on players who are decent but who haven't performed for a variety of reasons. Herndon, for example, showed me enough in his rookie year to believe that he can be a decent tight end if he is healthy and has a good offensive coordinator. We would get crap for him now in a trade anyway, so why not see if he can rebound first?

We'd also be lucky to get an almost worthless 5th round pick for Mosley at this point. However, in the Buffalo game last year he showed what a dominant linebacker he can be. Yes, he's not a great fit for our new scheme, but I think Saleh can put him in positions to succeed. In any case, why not see if he's motivated and balling in training camp instead of giving him away now for nothing?

Crowder I see as a good slot receiver at a reasonable price. He's proven that he can perform in the NY market. Again, why create a hole where there is none, particularly when we have more than enough holes to fill elsewhere?

If we trade Maye for less than the 2nd round pick we used to get him, I'd be ready to give up on the Jets.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It is Mosley's contract that we need rid of and the possibility that after nearly two years of no action he either doesn't have the heart or the skills to play to the contract he is on, if we can get shot now before it is too late then that is the bonus.

The Buffalo game was 2 seasons ago btw, he sat last year for covid.

6. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t be surprised nor would I really be upset if Mosley and Herndon are traded. I would hang onto the other two though.

7. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

In looking up the details of Mosley's contract, I see what you mean. It might be best for our future cap room to dump Mosley's contract. However, this would be quite hard to do. Here's one analysis:

". . . the guarantees remaining on Mosley’s contract makes it hard for the Jets to pull off a trade. As of right now, only 10 teams have north of $20 million to spend against the 2021 NFL salary cap. Now that we’re officially in the second wave of free agency, it’s going to be hard to entice a team in picking up Mosley’s contract."

The Sportsnaut analysis continues with the possibility of releasing Mosley with a post June 1 designation:

"Barring a trade, the Jets would take a $27.5 million dead cap hit by releasing C.J. Mosley. However, the team could designate him a post-June 1 cut while only taking an $8 million dead cap hit. Despite how hard they have hit free agency, the Jets still have north of $35 million to spend under the NFL salary cap."

Still, if a trade is prohibitive, I think the best scenario would be Mosley motivated to continue his All-Pro career with the Jets. If he's not, we'll probably end up taking the cap hit post-June 1.

K'OB likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Funny enough, but these are the type of players JD would trade for if they were on other teams!