Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The best part of all of these "opinions" about Wilson, Fields, Lance, Jones...will all be proven wrong. These are the Jets we're talking about here. Whomever they pick is the most likely to bust and whomever was against picking that guy will be proven right. I may be jaded after Darnold, and 30+ years of this team...

[​IMG]

HomeoftheJets, K'OB and Noam like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, against Troy, but whether you're throwing against a weaker defense - or even at a swinging tire in the back yard - these are accurate throws at any level. And it's not like he's throwing to Smith and Waddle on the other side of the coin. The ability to hit a moving target at varying distances is rooted in hand-eye coordination, and while that can be learned and improved upon, the basis of it is something you're born with. The best basketball scorers, homerun hitters, pitchers, and QBs are blessed with a higher level of this trait than everyone else. Wilson has this elite level of hand-eye coordination also. I'm not saying Fields, or Lawrence, or Jones don't, but I think Wilson has a bit more.

NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

Regardless whether I agree with why you said this, it's a great comment!:p

NCJetsfan, REVISion, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

So, is Fields' epilepsy a "red flag" that should prevent the Jets from taking him? Serious question. While it can be controlled with meds, it isn't cured, and the meds don't guarantee no episodes. I'm sure any team considering drafting him has gotten info on if and how often he's had a seizure that kept him from playing, during a game or before it, and maybe it's so infrequent as to not be a big risk, but still it's a risk. The question I have for Fields supporters is: would you still take him now?

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The point is that Zach Wilson would have had no reason to know that Brees had a torn labrum and partially torn rotator cuff unless somebody told him. The only reason to tell him about Brees would be to allay fears that he had after undergoing the surgery.

Hence, it appears likely that Wilson's torn labrum procedure also uncovered a partial rotator cuff tear. Brees rotator cuff tear was found during the surgery to repair his labrum and fixed at the same time.

I wish I could find the article again about the procedure. I saw it about a week ago and odds are it has been taken down at this point.

BTW, Brees injury was publicly noted as a torn labrum. It wasn't until after the Chargers let him go that it leaked that he also had a partially torn rotator cuff. Specifically the Chargers GM said afterwards that he was worried he had a Chad Pennington case on his hands.

6. Br4d

Yes, it's a red flag. I have no idea if it's a disqualifier.

I don't want any of these guys at #2. Seriously, after Lawrence there is not another QB worth a top 10 pick in this draft. Too many questions all around.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Hopefully, the jets will take Pitts and then collect Fields in round 2 instead and be the biggest bargain of all time, a 2 for 1 deal lol

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I’d take him because I believe in him and it’s not my job on the line. However, I can now understand why the Jets wouldn’t even have him consideration at 2 and why some teams would have him as low as the 4th or 5th best QB. I couldn’t reconcile the nitpicky shit that was out there as the reasons with what my lying eyes were telling me. If he didn’t have this condition, I’d be holding the decision to pass over JD’s head.

9. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, well if they didn't need a QB that might be worth the gamble, but once you pass on a guy you like there's no guarantee you get a "second bite at the apple" - look at what happened with Favre and the Jets (even though technically the Jets didn't actively "pass" on taking him they forfeited their #8 pick that would've secured him because they used it in the Supplemental Draft previously).

But somebody with balls - Patriots? :eek: - is going to get lucky when he falls into their laps.

K'OB likes this.
  10. Br4d

Would it be a disaster to take the best offensive chip on the board at #2 and then take Jones at #23 or Trask at #34?

K'OB and foxtrot like this.
  11. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Kurt, with all due respect, that is a bit of a bizarrely ominous statement to make regarding an internet board discussion focused on football and which QB the Jets should take, especially coming from you. You used to be one of the voices of sound reason on this board.

12. legler82

That would be awesome but I don’t think he drops that far considering there’s precedent of all pro players managing this in the past.

K'OB likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

Agreed. There are teams that don't necessarily need a QB who might well use their first pick to steal him.

14. ColoradoContrails

Did the Niners know about this before they went to his 2nd Pro Day? One would assume so. Maybe they don't consider it a deal breaker.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not going to happen. You might as well accept it and gird your loins.

16. I would never disrespect you enough to put words in your mouth. But quite often ive been reminded of your longtime QB/draft philosophies w Wilson’s red flags & i kind of chuckle that He basically must be your worst nightmare.

Br4d likes this.
  17. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

JonathanVilma, just FYI, I have always thought u were one of the better posters on the board, so I have no desire to beef with you regarding the use of gifs and memes, esp since I know like much of the younger posters, you are a big fan of them. My point was simply that I find it annoying when someone resorts to sarcastic and/or insulting memes/gifs when disagreeing with someone, rather than engaging in an actual conversation.

18. foxtrot

foxtrot New Member

Trade Down to #4 for a 2022 first round pick, best offensive Chip at #4, another offensive chip at #23, Trask at 34 = Dream draft

Brook!, Footballgod214 and Br4d like this.
  19. legler82

Falcons are trying to trade down. Denver I think is the one team in the top 10 likely to trade up.

20. Br4d

I think you are probably right on this. The Broncos are the team that might trade up to the #2. They will not do this if they think the #2 is not a QB pick. At that point trading up to the #4 likely gets them the guy they are angling for.

The Fields disclosure is a bombshell for the prognosticators although the teams looking at him have probably known for a bit longer than the average bear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.