Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Clearly this is the reason. That can be coached out him, right?

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

of course i've been wrong in the past. I said it many times in this thread. everyone has been right and wrong at some point and we aren't experts and it's all opinion. the point of a message board is for fans to discuss the options openly and give their input. but that becomes impossible when some people are clearly biased (i mean you are clearly an OSU fan and leglar admitted his bias and reasoning around it) and refuse to openly discuss it. I don't expect by any means to change peoples minds but you can have a discussion with opposite sides that is still civil and fair

I was also not in on darnold and rosen. my 1st pick was jackson, after we traded up I shifted to allen. I didn't think darnold was possible same way I don't think lawerence is possible hence I didn't pay enough attention to him and accepted him as the defacto top QB. it was a mistake on my part which I already admitted in the discussion here and since I learned from that it's the same reason why I haven't commented much on lawerence and just exclude myself from discussing him really. because I haven't put in the time and work on his film like I have others. I said rosen seemed same, low floor but safe. obviously the off the field attitude concluded that was wrong. he was a bust. but nobody thought he'd bust yourself included. I went back and read through all the debates we had and linked it here. might want to do your research before you make baseless claims. I also don't have an ego. it's a message board for fans to discuss something in common they love (in this case the jets)

and the reason may be that, but also because well you are wrong a lot but again none of it really matters, which I've stated several times over.

I have watched a ton of fields. and a ton of wilson. to a lesser extent some of lance and jones, very little on lawerence. Same way in 2017 my main focus after the trade up was baker/allen because i assumed darnold would be 1st overall and we wouldn't trade up for jackson and rosen felt too safe. the pick was between allen and mayfield in my mind and that's where i focused all my time and did breakdown threads and concluded allen was better by far and baker at best would be a solid QB with the right system and talent around him. and he got all of that and is still just solid at best 3 years in. meanwhile josh allen was a pro bowler and in considerations for MVP. jackson also won an MVP. so again get your facts straight.

either way I could be 100% wrong about wilson, i know that. same way you can be 100% wrong about fields. the difference is I know it and openly say it. and FWIW I said several times I like fields and think he will be good and think he's a good kid. I just think wilson is better and fits our system of what we need more where fields would benefit from having a system fit more around his skill set with more RPO plays, less reads, and more long developing plays. I also said early on mac jones is a sleeper and we can trade down from 2 get more picks and land mac jones 23rd OA who would fit our offense perfect and people said I was crazy. now everyone sees it and he's in consideration for 3rd overall going to a team in the same system.

if self hype annoys you there is only 1 person who has been self hyping in these threads and it isn't me but then again they agree with you so you probably didn't notice it. which just shows your bias, if you can't discuss something with someone of an opposing viewpoint and instead switch to making baseless claims about that person it's not a good look on you.

there are no words. i asked for over 100 pages for someone to give me reasons of what they see. you didn't list any neither did leglar. go look at the 1st 2 threads. just because now you say something doesn't change that. you can have your opinion but if we are having a discussion it shouldn't take 100+ pages for you to voice yours if it was something tangible. you also are ignoring all the video evidence so yeah you can have your opinion but it's clearly shrouded in bias and hurts your credivility. espcially since i'm pretty sure you were one of the ones who was an asshat during the allen/baker debate so somethings just never change

that was way early. post what I said after more film review. taking old info that i changed prior to the draft just makes you look bad
    https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/allen-vs-mayfield-at-the-3-pick-what-the-film-shows.90242/

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Defender's head turned, no chance for INT, he gave his guy a shot. Not much separation. Agreed a good defensive back probably breaks it up most times, but a good receiver probably gets a bit more separation too. At worst this is a low risk high reward play with a decent probability of success. Not sure why shit on him for this or downplay a solid decision and good delivery.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

6. legler82

Jesus Christ everything is shitting on him. He’s the potential 2nd overall pick coming to NY. If he or his super fans think this is shitting on him, then they are in for a long career.

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This game was my favourite game. I mean yes it’s Troy but this kid is dropping it in the bucket. Should of gone 27/27 had his receivers not made those drops. Crazy accuracy and a lightning fast release

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

So, whomever JD picks is the safer pick, and therefore wrong SOJ one?

9. If you havent been able to find my posts speaking to the contrary than you either really didnt go through the thread or simply dont wanna admit that ive been consistent going back to January.

Think whatever you like. Im obv not gonna change your mind..nor do i wish to waste the time trying.

Its important for you to villianize & downplay my opinion as much as possible bc youre too insecure on your own.Its not enough to just disagree.Even strongly.

None of your “video evidence” can change that. Please get lost

10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Yea I have to imagine that’s what happened. NFL teams had inside info that caused them to drop him down their board, media members caught wind of the NFL’s rankings and followed suit, and fans saw the media rankings and let that influence their evaluation of Fields as a prospect.

Fields as QB4 or QB5 based on the information we had available was always nonsense.

All Gas No Shake and legler82 like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

you guys are just trolling at this point. which is sad

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/allen-vs-mayfield-at-the-3-pick-what-the-film-shows.90242/

literally the 11th post in the thread by me

it's almost as some of us have the ability to study more and more and 2nd guess ourselves and change our mind when we see something different because we aren't locked into 1 thing and shamelessly defending it. don't worry 1 day you guys will be adults and have that ability :)

12. GasedAndConfused

i'm not villianziing or downplaying anything. i'm just trying to discuss possible future jets QBs on a message forum but instead of other adults doing the same it's like a high school cafateria in here of insult slinging and digging into a hole while closing your ears and screaming lalalalala. your opinion is fine, you are allowed one. your behavior discussing said opinion and treatment of others however is immature and not becoming of a normal well adjusted adult

Rockinz likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

OK, fine, but this was a pretty decent TD pass in a Bowl Game. Yeah, perhaps DB could have made a better play and it would be incomplete at worst, or maybe not as his head was turned away when he threw, but it seems like a good play by Zach, no?

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  14. legler82

Safest is not always the best.

Footballgod214 and Rockinz like this.
  15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

IIMeanDeanII and K'OB like this.
  16. legler82

Good play? Yeah, I guess based on the result. Good throw? Not so much IMO. So am I shitting or complaining now?

17. legler82

[​IMG]

IIMeanDeanII and Footballgod214 like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

you should clearly read the thread again ;) especially my post from april 23rd that explains it

19. GasedAndConfused

[​IMG]

replying to wrong info with gifs like you were right just shows how little you research.

you are clearly biased who will cherry pick anything including wrong information and try to use it as fact of you being right. you realize this is why myself and most other here can't take you seriously in anything you say or do

Footballgod214 likes this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Gifs keep this thread entertaining. Keep them coming guys.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.