Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are literally quoting as facts a whole boat load of stuff I have never heard or read before anywhere, nor even mentioned here before. Where is all this coming from? Metha’s defunct un-named sources?

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

So what is the difference between that claim and Dan Orlovsky comment about Justin Fields?

It goes both way.

Unnammed source... so bullshit. You either name your source or don't make ridiculous claim.

Video from a guy not unnamed source that haas been around BYU and Zach Wilson.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with 20+ teammates being asked which one teammate would they take to the NFL with them and none of them choosing Zach? I don’t know if I believe the story. I don’t even know if it really says anything about him as a teammate other than maybe he may not have been the most popular guy in the locker room which means nothing. All that that said, the story you just posted has nothing to do with this Matt Waldman story.

4. legler82

Your emotions are causing you to conflate a bunch of different stories. The Matt Waldman story came from a named source. Take a breather and reread what was said.

5. Kryoptix

So then name the source? Is it that hard?

6. legler82

Watch the recent Matt Waldman video on Wilson, he names the guy there. Go to YouTube and have at it. He’s told this story more than once on other pods too. It was a nothing burger story to me so forgive for not writing the name down and googling him. What are you going to do when you get the name? Are you going to hunt him down on social media and digitally IK Enemkpali his jaw? Regardless, true or false it doesn’t mean Wilson is bad teammate. You don’t have to beat anyone up in the name of Wilson.

Yankjetfan and Footballgod214 like this.
  7. Kryoptix

I will be honest. I don't follow up anymore.

People are scared about 'character' concerns regarding Zach Wilson. Which from I have learn/read from anybody that have been around Zach seem so out of reality.

But they don't take seriously the 'character' concerns about the 'first in first out' comment from Dan Orlovsky?

We are in smokescreen season where ridiculous takes are a plenty. You all have a favourite horse and good on you to defend him but at some point we have to draw some lines about what is true or not...

All unnamed source or somebody close or whatever should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

The New York Jets are about to make a mutli millions decision on their next QB. You can bet they made their own investigation and due diligence on all the QB and meet all of the relevent people to help them make that decision.

You might hate the Zach Wilson possibility but you have to know on how to differenciate potential bullshit from the truth. I would say the same regarding Justin Fields and his supposed character concerns too.

8. Kryoptix

No, it just seem bad take to attack somebody reputation based on a nothing story. You seem way more invested than me regarding Zach Wilson anyway.

I would say and I have often said it, possibly 20 times now, I am good with both Zach or Justin but the way people act like they know everything I find it ridiculous.

One of them most likely will be a Jets. Can we fast forward past the draft so we can talk about football for once and not bullshit non story about players hairdressers or postman.

9. legler82

My guy it wasn’t me that brought up the story. I just told you where it came from & where to find it once you started hyperventilating upon hearing it. Look at the thanks I get for trying to help you out. :p

Not sure how asking 20+ BYU players a hypothetical open ended question translates to a personal attack on one Zach Wilson’s reputation. College football rosters can sometimes consist of well over 80 or so players. I’m sure there a bunch of other BYU players besides Zach that weren’t named. I wonder if they feel like their reputation was being attacked as well. That’s quite a reach trying to equate that to Justin Field’s work ethic, intelligence and desire being questioned but ok.

[​IMG]

Side bar: I don’t need my QB to be the most popular guy on the team. He just needs to be respected as a leader. Not everyone of MJ’s teammates would name him as their favorite guy but I’m sure he’d be the first guy they pick to win a game. Nothing burger story.

#1029 legler82, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  10. Give it a few hours & Waldman be the most uninformed discredited source in NFL media history.

I dont blame you for sticking to your guns & being vocal on all of this.

This entire draft cycle is easily the worst ever.There are posters i used to enjoy & respect that i literally will never remove from ignore after this. Totally ridiculous & political.

Cant wait for draft to be over at this point. Good riddance to the whole process.

#1030 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
  11. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

If I was a GM I would invest heavily in private investigating. From an on-field standpoint it’s a crap shoot, but don’t let me draft Isiah Wilson or Jacai Polite.

Zach Wilson is a practicing Mormon. The kid doesn’t even drink. What character concerns could he possible have?

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Character concerns:
    • Mormon
    • Doesn’t drink

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not even a practising Mormon apparently, just closely aligned to his family values ;)

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's absolutely true that we're at the point in the pre-draft process where Don Shula started quietly pushing the cocaine rumors about Dan Marino all over the media on background. To punish him for this the Fins would never win a Super Bowl with Marino or Shula again.

Fields is the guy getting the treatment this year. Nobody is talking about lack of experience, they're all talking about character concerns. That tells you that a lot of the smoke is being thrown by people who don't care about the lack of experience and believe lots of other teams won't either.

#1034 Br4d, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  15. Br4d

Did they do the Wonderlics this year with no combine?

You have to think the Wonderlic is on the way out the door anyway given that all it tells us is roughly how sophisticated a player is and what level of education he received in his life.

16. Br4d

One other thing that has occurred to me recently is that nobody knows what the Ravens are going to do with their 1st round pick, ever. Nobody knew what JD was going to do with the 1st round pick last year.

At this point in the process I think the Jets pick is a mystery that somehow has been overwhelmed by media speculation about *one* QB. I think the odds on the Jets pick actually being that one guy are probably no better than 50/50 and probably a lot worse than that.

The Jets have absolutely no reason to leak the pick. They've been to multiple QB pro days as well as a bunch of other pro days.

The media, as is their wont, has settled on the guy they think think the Jets should pick but the odds are excellent that they are all guessing and following each other's lead in the process. The guy they have settled on is the hot guy from last year, although really his year last year was about as good as several other people when you take into account the competition they faced.

Given JD's apparent philosophy of holding his cards as close to his vest as he can I think the media is probably barking up the wrong tree, just like they were in free agency when JD signed people they were not following much, if at all.

I think we're going to have a very interesting draft night.

HomeoftheJets and Red Menace like this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have been beating this drum for a while as well. However JD did mention a couple things he wanted to accomplish, he wanted to reset clock on QB, he wanted to avoid a controversy with Sam and rookie QB, and he wanted to see QB prospects in person before trading Sam, JD has given us insight on what he is going to do, he’s definitely taking a QB the questions are which one and where in draft?

Does he take Sewell and then try to get Lance with 23rd pick?

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The Jets drafting Wilson is the second worst kept secret in the league next to Jags drafting Lawrence. The draft begins at 3 this year and anyone denying that must really dislike Wilson and is hoping it is not the case, it will be.

REVISion, Noam and JohnnyJet1222 like this.
  19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Kudos! You actually got people to take you seriously!

No need for the hyperbole though. Fields will be the pick. He will turn us into perennial super bowl contenders! He pisses excellence!

Footballgod214 likes this.
  20. legler82

I come from a world where disagreement healthy.
    What do you win when Wilson is the pick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.