JD is on the clock too...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Archie Manning has a net worth of $10 million as of 2019. Definitely a lot less in 1998.

One of Zach Wilson's uncles founded JetBlue Airlines. The other one founded HealthEquity. His dad owns a bunch of gas stations and convenience stores (probably gas station/convenience stores) although it is not clear from the description.

The family is worth at least $400 million, which is what the uncle who founded JetBlue is worth. No other details were available on the family wealth other than the descriptions of what they own so I'm not counting anything there.

Zach's grandfather was UPI (United Press International) regional manager for Brazil in the 80's. He was given the honorary title of counsel for the 20,000 Brazilian citizens living in the mountain west. Rumor has it that the coat of arms that he received when he agreed to be the counsel for Brazil included a title that had only been given previously to the Dalai Lama, the Pope and the head of the Brazilian Mormon Church.

Royal Tee, Noam and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Manning, Brady, Russ Wilson, Mahomes, Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Carr, Fitzpatrick (who other players universally love), Stafford etc etc etc

There are a hilarious number of examples. It's a ridiculous take.

Also, all of these guys are multimillionaires within their first couple years in the league. I really don't think they have this burning hatred of successful people/families.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wilson costing us in more ways than one lol

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. legler82

It’s dare I say “delusional”.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if this is true. If Douglas turned down the #12 pick for Darnold, I have to begin questioning his ability.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It has to be utter bullshit. But then again, "league sources."

cval, Jets79 and MDJets like this.
  7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

The same for Troy Aikman whom I think threw something like almost 40 Int total in his first two seasons. I think it may have been year 3 when he finally had his best year. Got to give Fields, Wilson and TL couple of years before they are considered a flop

8. Ohh im sure its not true. JD never makes any mistakes.Its all perfection.

Gotta be able to sort through the media fodder. Just like ZW never had any shoulder problem & any discouraging concern about his character is just trying to knock him down a notch..he had a Food Uber account he didnt cash out for god’s sake!

9. legler82

JD is perfect; knock it off.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Silver Tung Roger Goodell: "With the 2nd pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select........Zack Fields, Quarterback"

legler82, Cman68 and Poeman like this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Or, you can look at it like a logical person and call BS.

Cman68 and REVISion like this.
  12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

What is the world coming too when you can’t trust the validity of a rumor that comes from the great Cecil Lammey?

PJ4Ever, cval and REVISion like this.
  14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

and still hasn't done shit for this team.

I really need to start making videos, seems no one has accountability anymore. The media is a fukin joke w/ the slobbering they do for access.

This doodoo about not his guy and he isn't responsible for xyz because he didn't draft blah blah is head in the sand shit.

You are a GM from the Day you are hired.
    You are responsible for what is done on your clock.

I want him to succeed badly too, who tf doesn't but seriously let's get some accountability.

15. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Already in with the JD out? Can we even get a game on the field?

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What do you want some accountability for?

a 2-14 season with Gase as coach?

The accountability is he got his supposed pal sacked asap that he could.

the Adams trade?

He got rid of a loudmouth player and picked the pockets of the Seahawks at the same time.

In general, I don't think there is anything to account for in any of his other trades either, he seems to know what he is doing on that front.

Letting Robby go?

Well, I have to say this pissed me off but it has Gase written all over it from the off, he never liked or used Robby correctly and he is bound to have recommended not resigning him tbh but that is just speculation on my part tbh.

So I can only conclude that it is Sam that you are pissed off about?

The same Sam who is bottom of all known QB stats in his 3 seasons at the helm, again we can go down the Gase route for him and understandably so tbh but Sam also hasn't helped himself, if you take the example of his pal Allen at the Bills who has put in the hard work to achieve more accuracy and it has fully paid off for him, Sam's feet are still happy, Sam is still throwing into multiple coverage, Sam is still not seeing wide-open receivers.

This coaching staff with Sam would have been good to see 2 seasons ago instead of Gase but unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Hired June 7, 2019
    Responsible for everything from June 8th til now. ACCOUNTABILITY FOR YOUR JOB. PERIodddDT.
    • For Gase? YEA, FIRE HIS ASS!! WTF did he wait for? Cause it was his boy? Fuk that.
    • Robbie? We need Offense for Sam.. I got an Idea, trade the 1 guy we had with any semblance of production.
    • Trading Sam because ....just because he could? For a 2nd round Pick? lol (4th & 6th c'mon now)
    • Adams Loud mouth? lmao Dude is a leader... and that trade is a wash rn. (Picks Still pending) but hey, We got McDougald!!
    No mention of the Line Debacle? Osemele Injury Debacle?
    The Straight Dud Lineman FAs he brought in? This was his "Strong Suit"
    Doing absolutely NOTHING while your team is burning to the ground?
    His other draft picks have been MIA. Ashtyn Davis? Zuniga? Davis Is a liability out there and will end up on ST.
    Becton? Everyone knows Becton fell right in his lap. You wanna chalk that up to him making it happen..yeano.
    Gave Griffin that nice deal FOR WHAT!?
    How about the Splash when he Traded for Quincy Wilson..Wow, what a steal!
    Pierre Desir anyone?
    How about Breshad Perriman? Was he a good signing?
    Frank Gore? Love the guy, one of my favs but ...Frank GORE!

Credit?
    Braden Mann a Punter. Wow. I've been bitching about the JETS punting since Craig Hentrich So nice one JOE!

His FA signings this off season have been tepid at best.
    We are back to the same shit our previous GM's did going for Low Cost Hi Ceiling Bullshit. That is the EPITOME of a top down business that they claim they aren't. Like that Darnold or the Adams trade wasn't made because of money!? as @jetophile says, HA! We know exactly where that came from!

Now, That's not saying his recent signings won't pan out in the future. Fingers crossed but my point is this blind eye crap where it's as if this guy has already had success...He hasn't done shit for us til this point.
    If this is the Long game and he pulls it all together then fuk yes, Turn it around and I'm his biggest fan.

Believe it or not, I liked the hire, I'm behind the hire but I'm gonna call it how I see it.
    Do I think he turns this around w/Saleh..Yes.
    He's been here 2 years already,We are at ROCK BOTTOM and The Table is set,
    No more excuses. Jet tf up already.

SOJAZ, ouchy and Bellys Lies like this.
  18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

When people are ranting uncontrollably there isn't really anything to debate tbh as it is almost pointless to continue.

But I will just counter the top point as every single fan of the Jets should know full well.

..............................................Johnsons...................................................
    ....................................................|
    __________________________________|___________________________________
    ^
    .......................................................................................................... ^
    Gase
    ...................................................................................................JD

He had no remit or power to sack Gase early, he could only recommend that he be sacked, which he must have done or Gase would have been still here.

I'll just let you go back to your blackened room and carry on with my day.

BradysTornACL, KY Jets Fan and LAJet like this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When you think about it, this FA period has felt very early-2000s Bradway.

Royal Tee likes this.
  20. legler82

Is that what you read? I posted like hundreds of pro JD posts but you on this joke about him not being infallible as a fire JD campaign. Some of you guys are comedy.