Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Do we know what teams went? SF, Panthers, Denver?

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This tells me that Wilson isn't a lock at 2 just yet. He might be the favorite at this point, but Fields isn't out of the question.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thank you. All those teams have been identified with QB needs. Would it be a big shock if the Jets go Fields with the second pick? The whole world seems to know what the Jets will pick yet no one has any idea who SF is really targeting. Its a little too suspicious to me. Call me crazy, but if both the Jets and SF have the same two QBs as priority targets I would feel more comfortable. If they are far apart then that is troublesome. SF has been pretty good at selecting talent with their current GM.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I, for one, wouldn't be shocked if Fields is the pick. We know that there are two QB's under consideration and IMO, Lawrence isn't one of them. And Douglas isn't someone who tips his hand. We'll find out in 15 days.

6. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

Why Trevor Lawrence is not QB 1, QB 2, or QB 3 on our NFL draft board.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

No one seems to know who went. It doesn't appear to be Douglas , La Fleur or Saleh

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Interesting.

9. baalworship

I said months ago that there was going to be some pushback on TLaw as head and shoulders better. ESPN can't say anything but even they are hedging their bets.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

my post was in response to someone saying that BYU would be a .500 team without Wilson

withou him, they were a .750 team in 2019 and a .500 team in 2018 ... and that was against a tougher schedule both years

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I haven't seen as much on Lawrence, but what I have seen hasn't shown me that he's better than Wilson for sure, and maybe not Fields - at best I'd rate him even with Fields. Then again, I'm no expert. But given all the hype, how can Jacksonville risk passing on him?

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I realize what you were saying and who you were responding to, and my comments are directly applicable to your comments. You can't just accept those records at face value. That's intellectually lazy and not accurate.

JohnnyJet1222 likes this.
  13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I agree. I said earlier I am not convinced JD has shed any light who he is picking (and why would he?) and that he s investing all options. I think it is interesting that Fields is having a 2nd day, tells me he has something to prove if there are doubts. You’re right we won’t know until 15 days and that’s going to be exciting.

14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

To keep the rest of the NFL on their toes. The pick will be Wilson. Is it the right pick over Fields? Maybe... but like I’ve said before the QB going to the Jets no matter who it is will not be as good in terms of stats and winning over the QB that goes to SF. The QB who goes to SF can sit for a year like Mahomes, Rodgers, Favre etc. The Jets need a lot to go right in this draft to be on SF level this season.

15. baalworship

Remember, this is a Sports Entertainment Business. Jacksonville is in a market not super conducive to huge fan support. Their ownership feels compelled to use "The Golden Ticket" on Lawrence and Meyer was hired to sell tickets.

If he doesn't work out perfectly they can blame the coaching because he was "the consensus".

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

No. I was pulling for JD to keep Sam (no 5th yr), trade down, pick up 2nd plus next years 1st, then draft Fields or Lance. Then combine our new 1st with our 23 to move up to get Pitts or Chase. But ya, pouring the entire value of the #2 into a QB not named Trevor Lawrence seems like a major reach. But it seems to be the boat we're in. Anchors up!

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Well it's good to know you would be trashing Fields if he was projected to be picked at #2

18. legler82

“On their toes”? How does that benefit the Jets in anyway if Wilson is the pick?

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I hear ya. Good point. And you don’t think they ll trade Garopolo? And for the Jets side absolutely right that everything has to go well in the draft to make it work for the QB and the system. It may have to wait until next year’s draft before the Jets can even compete the AFC east with their rivals.

20. legler82

Lawrence has the highest floor. Like I said before the NFL is conservative by nature. Shit it’s run by a bunch of old good old boys. Plus NFL coaching and personnel jobs are short lived. This all leads to teams making the safer pick more times than not. Lawrence is generational in part because he’s safe. That dude even said in so many words that at worst he’s an average starter in the NFL. Wilson, Fields and the rest of the field’s worst are below that IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.