Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I see those thresholds in describing Wilson not Fields... and as you know I like both prospects. Fields has the athleticism, toughness, strong arm, speed and deep ball accuracy. He needs a lot of work with his footwork when committing to a pocket pass that’s probably the worst part of his game actually. Not sure what your seeing there tbh. Fields will be able to win the same way Lamar/Cam/Vick wins.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I disagree with pretty much all that but it’s all good. I don’t take it personal.

Brook! likes this.
  3. My eyes emphatically & repeatedly say otherwise.

He may be downfield minded at times but thats not the strength of his game. Its footwork,pocket presence,quick release & Accurate throws to the first & second level.

#443 KurtTheJetsFan, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Huh? His footwork can be used to teach young quarterbacks how to throw the ball in and out of the pocket.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you're watching Kurt. Wilson often takes shots deep, and throws a lot of 20+ yard sideline passes. Not even close to "checkdown" mentality.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  6. Rockinz

That’s cool.. I just don’t know what your seeing in his footwork besides when he runs.. his anticipation also needs a lot of work I might add. Fields will be able to win with his off the charts athleticism. He’s not a guy who’s going to shred you with us ability to read defences and within the pocket.

7. Rockinz

His feet need a lot of work. When he has a clean pocket and commits to passing from the pocket his feet are heavy and glued to the ground with a really wide base that takes too long set up. I honestly think your not watching the film with a comment like that

8. Jonathan_Vilma

He's lazy with his drop back in terms of urgency to hit his back foot, but he follows through and his entire torso is in sync with his feet while getting power from his back leg as he drives through the ball.

What does heavy and glued to the ground mean? He doesn't have happy feet? That's what you want. You don't want your QB bouncing around because with every step they bounce they have to reset when they're ready to throw. Similar to if you watch Garoppolo's scared feet in the pocket.

The only thing he needs to work on is his speed into his sets but there's nothing wrong with the mechanics of it.

Rockinz and legler82 like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This in my opinion is an insightful and fair comparison. Nicely done.
    The big point of departure in this forum has been the major disagreement where some don’t see Wilson skill thresholds neither as good or best equal to Fields, while others see him with superior QB skills that overcome Fields talent aspect.

Rockinz likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

FYI this is a couple good clips and breakdown on his motion. This guy took way too much adderall and drank six cups of coffee with his fast talking and arrows but his breakdown is good and you can see the footwork/body in sync in the pocket and on the move in slo-mo.

Rockinz likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Is that a good thing though that Bucky just stated exactly what your position is and he has a shit track record?
    WOW. This is absolutely terrible. Worse than random. Seriously, you want to bring this guy up is he disagrees with your position, not the other way around. Perhaps even rethink your position when you hear his take.

REVISion likes this.
  12. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Did you know that
    @PFF_College
    ranks Zach Wilson as the highest graded deep passer (20+ yards) in this year's #NFLDraft?

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

Yes. I suppose if you were looking for a good antonym to use to describe Wilson's deep ball ability, "checkdown" would be a good one.

REVISion and LAJet like this.
  14. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Didn’t he do exactly that in the semi-final against Clemson? He was throwing dimes from the pocket all over the field all game

legler82 likes this.
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

100% agreed

LAJet and JohnnyJet1222 like this.
  16. Yes i suppose you would if PFF had even the slightest credibility pertaining to QB evaluation.Instead theyre a SYNONYM for box score scouting

17. ColoradoContrails

You don't need PFF to tell you that Wilson throws deep often and accurately.

NCJetsfan, JohnnyJet1222 and REVISion like this.
  18. legler82

That’s burden to bear not mines. I’m happy with my record. Sometimes I agree w/ Bucky, Simms, Mel, McShay, Miller and/or insert favorite draft “expert” (air quotes)] and sometimes I don’t. It’s called independent thinking. Do you agree with thy Lord and Savior Simms 100% of the time? Is that part of the Church of Simms covenant?

19. ColoradoContrails

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. legler82

His footwork is good IMO just slow on his drops. He runs a 4.4; I feel comfortable he can speed that up. He also over hitches sometimes; again easily correctable. I don’t how to respond to overgeneralizations like “he can’t...”, “he won’t...”, “he never...” other than to say I disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.