Panthers trade for Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Apr 5, 2021.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

me thinks jackson and allen are already more than solid - a combination of their improved play and the team that drafted them knowing what to do . baker is coming on as well.
    so far 3/5 is pretty good.
    the others.....yes we know the deal.

azhar80 likes this.
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i have a feeling for this class there will be a QB NOT named lawrence as the gem. Lawrence will be good enough but not can't miss.

have no idea who but i'm sure the jets won't have him. LOL.

Ray Lucas, Yankee6 and Ralebird like this.
  3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

what kind of demoralizing post is this? Do you go into every Jets game thinking they will lose 35-3?

eh..can't say I blame you.

4. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

you must not be a Jets fan for long enough. His post is EXACTLY how I feel as well.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Sam fits like a glove in Carolina then.

SOJAZ, Borat, Mogriffjr and 2 others like this.
  7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He'll slice up defenses thats for sure

abyzmul and K'OB like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Ha, I don't know what is more creepy, OJ being a Twitter guru or those Kevin Spacey as Frank Underwood Xmas message videos on YouTube :eek:

REVISion and Poeman like this.
  9. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

Hey, maybe Sam can get one of those new Ford Broncos in white.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas has done a great job of keeping Sam's image positive through all of this. Talking about how much they like the QB's (Lawrence and Wilson). Talking about re-setting the rookie contract. Talking about how the building was split on keeping Sam. How if they drafted later, he would still be the QB. The truth is simply this: If Sam was great and they truly believed in him, he would still be the starting QB. They don't. At the very least, they are unsure he can succeed.

Having the #2 pick and believing in Zach Wilson made the move much easier, but I think Douglas' mind was made up in early December. We will never know, but he handled things really well for Sam and his family. Give him credit for that.

KY Jets Fan, PJ4Ever, cval and 7 others like this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

JD also leaving behind a good impression with vets cause he traded many away to good situations. Including Mcledon, this good karma will come around I think

REVISion, PJ4Ever and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Absolutely

if they REALLY believed in Darnold, they’d have kept him and most likely traded down from two for a boatload of picks....that was a valuable position.

I get the financial ramifications, but that’s something you would just deal with. No one trades a franchise QB that they truly believe in because of money.

so yeah, JD showed how they felt...they like him probably, but they don’t TRULY believe he’s a franchise guy. If they did...he’d still be here.

13. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

best move for both parties, now lets get our guy JD

REVISion and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Which is why I said I can't blame you. I have sat in cold windy rainy muddy Shea many times. I qualify. Each year I say this will be different. But since this is basically a new regime, with a new QB and 4 first-round picks over the next 2 seasons, it is something we have not had before. Granted it just gives us a chance to screw up this one up too, but so far I like what I see. Getting rid of Darnold was a great start. I'm really looking forward to our new QB since I didn't want the last one. I want to see how JD navigates the draft & our new coaching staff's philosophy. There is a lot of positives heading into this season. If we stink or play well but lose close ones, in 2022 we have 2 first-round picks plus 2 seconds.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You gotta love Ryan Kalil, who absolutely sucked here, today saying the Jets stunted Darnold's growth. Fuck him.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Simply stated and well put. I've been around a long time with this team, and while I really really wanted Sam to be the guy, I also know that what is happening now with the Jets is something that has not happened with this organization since Woody has owned the team, which is, gathering competent football people together and allowing them to start fresh coaching wise AND key player personnel wise. There no longer is a HC who didn't like the GM, a GM who didn't pick the HC, a HC who didn't choose his QB etc etc etc.

This is all most of us have EVER wanted, so, HERE WE GO

#378 LogeSection2RowJ, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    REVISion, K'OB and cval like this.
  19. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Great trade for all parties involved. The Jets (w/ the #2 pick) get to mitigate talent/financial risk. The Panthers, get to turn the future into a possible present QB...Darnold, gets to an org that actually has a great OC. It was a great deal for the Jets who I thought would get a greater return in 2022 than 2021...as although I really think Darnold will blossom, if you have he #2 pick, and a draft eligible QB that you love, you take the chance and grab the cheaper option. The Jets are the only org I know who could possibly bungle the #3 QB pick into such an unknown that no one is sure what to expect...but JD got caught at the tail end of having to pay him and either believe or not that he was the guy to totally take a flyer on...If you have the #10 pick, you run with Sam, if you have the #2 pick, you run with the draftee (if you love him) and divest your asset.

20. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

We've done this so bad, for so long, that you'd think by now that we have to have a pretty fucking good idea how to do it right for once...

Nah.......