Grade Darnold Trade for Jets (Poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 5, 2021.

?

How would you grade the Jets Darnold Trade

1. A

44.7%
  2. B

36.6%
  3. C

9.9%
  4. Below C

8.7%
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Seriously? Guy, if you really think that and have watched a lot of video on Wilson, then I don't what to tell you. Wilson is already a much better QB than Sam will ever be. He doesn't have any of Sam's flaws.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Define much better. Who do you think will have a better season next year?

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

If the trend continues, probably 31 other QBs in the league

4. legler82

I’m trying to gauge if some feel Zach is much better than Sam in terms of potential or current day.

5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I don't know what to think of Wilson as i do not watch much college football or film BUT i don't get why people are so high on Sam. The guy threw for 300+ yards only 4 times in 3 years.

I understand all the excuses, but you cannot extend him based on that. I like him, but this move had to be made

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think Wilson has the potential of being a franchise QB and he has A LOT less red flags coming out of college than Sam Darnold did.

Having said that, I do not know who will have the better year next year as Wilson has never played in the NFL. If the trend holds though, Darnold will suck ass again or be just below average.

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

We don't even know who Wilson will be playing for. Or if Sam will start or not. Silly question.

8. legler82

If the question is silly then the notionthe Wilson is already much better than Darnold is even sillier. The former was spawned from the latter.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I hear you. JD has stepped up to owning that problem. I also think he wished he would have made a different choice and kept Anderson. BUT he fucking tried, and he went out and reached for OL and WR and good talent thru his first and only draft inheriting a POS roster from Mac literally beyond repair. He NEVER did shit to the OL, WR corps, pissed away his last draft, overpaid a ton for non performers like Bell and Osemele and CJ. You don't magically go into free agency one year and fix that cluster fuck particularly when you have a HC that didn't agree with any of those players. BUT, the complete lack of development for our young players, with Sam at the forefront, along with keeping young talent on the bench while playing a 40 year old RB, fucking up play calling and not tailoring shit to fit our talent base was totally and absolutely on Gase and his band of moronic coaches. Gase called the shots and reported directly to Chris. Worst two hires in history, him and Mac.
    Time to start judging JD progress moving forward is now in full force, with his own CS, his own new QB, and his team to manage. This year is pivotal for him..

#209 LAJet, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    Ralebird, NCJetsfan and PJ4Ever like this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Sanchez looked great against the Patriots in the playoffs.

Amazing how good a QB is when you surround him with talent.

LAJet likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sam was actually a better prospect arm talent wise. people tend to forget it. zach is dam close though. zach has done better protecting the ball in college then sam though and processes things faster. as prospects it would be a close call if both were coming out of college right now. but current day sam needed a change of scenery and hasn't progressed and was going to cost more. zach will be cheap with potential and hasn't been through the shit sam has. he'll get a fresh start under 1 system and 1 coaching staff for his rookie deal and will be cheap

12. GasedAndConfused

sam is starting. panthers gave teddy b permission to seek a trade

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

and better play calling to suit his strenghts.

14. NCJetsfan

Solid mechanics. More accurate arm. Quicker, better decision making, better pocket presence/feeling for pressure, quicker release, and better fundementals and understanding of playing the QB position. Wilson has been playing QB longer than Sam has and has obviously had very good coaching. Sam may never have had good coaching for any extended period of time.

It is irrelevant who has the better season this year. One doens't draft a QB for his rookie season only. Wilson will be making an adjustment to the speed of the NFL. Sam will be learning his 3rd offensive system and adjusting to this 3rd HC and OC. If Sam hasn't fixed his footwork and improved his decision making and ability to see the field and read Ds, then Wilson will likely have a better season even though he may have some struggles. If Sam has fixed some of his issues, and Brady tailors the offense to what Sam can do pretty well, then Sam could have a better season.

15. NCJetsfan

Both imo. The only edge Sam has is that he has been in the NFL for 3 years and has adjusted to the speed of the NFL. He's also bigger, but that's not a factor in being better.

16. NCJetsfan

I disagree. Arm talent takes accuracy into consideration, and Sam has never been accurate due to his footwork.

17. GasedAndConfused

he's been very accurate. some of his passes in tight windows are redicilous. 2020 sam didn't look like 2018-2019 sam at all though. he did get rushed back from a shoulder injury as well

18. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Sad and true

Footballgod214 likes this.
  19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Two wrongs don't make a right

20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

What people seem to forget is Macc inherited a roster that tolerated losing too easily and did the right thing by purging the roster of those older players. Then he did nothing to rebuild the roster with his sights set on Darnold and the draft one year ahead, or in other words, tanking, a terrible strategy that had to have the backing of the Johnsons. What GM would deliberately try to lose every game in the season unless given the okay by ownership? Yes, it was a POS roster but it was by design, and the Johnsons are as much responsible as anyone for what transpired.

barfolomew likes this.