Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Who would you pick at #2?

1. Fields

26.8%
  2. Wilson

58.8%
  3. Other - Please Explain

2.1%
  4. Trade Down

12.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

"a tight window is a tight window"

This isn't exactly true. The tight windows at the highest level shut so much faster than they do at the lower levels.

At the highest levels what looks open may not be. It can't be stressed enough how much of a difference it is every time you step up in levels of competition. The closing speed of DB's make things exponentially more difficult as you move up.

Playing with a higher caliber of talent doesn't negate that Fields has faced and succeeded against the highest levels.

Wilson has yet to face that hurdle. The adjustment for him will be greater than Fields as the windows begin to close even faster at the NFL level.

Disclaimer: This is not to say that Wilson will not be able to handle the adjustment or that Fields will be able to either. Just getting tired of the complete dismissal of this important part of gauging the quality of opponent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ralebird and All Gas No Shake like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think ended up having a baby too...

[​IMG]

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Borat likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Ya I agree. They could, and Falcons at 4 is the wildcard in this draft. Will there be 4 QB going in the top 4 for the first time ever? There could be, but if there is I doubt it would be Atlanta. They have Ryan locked in (contract wise) for another 2-3 years. Sitting a rookie QB for half his rookie contract wouldn't make sense. More likely Atlanta trades out of 4. They need DEFENSE far more than they need offense. I could see another team (Bronco's?) trading up to 4, and taking the 4th QB in this draft.

5. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Atlanta are shopping the pick.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I did but a throwing shoulder and hand injury is the worst you can get for a QB. mcnabb threw 4 TDs with a broken ankle. byron leftwhich played with a broken leg and his linemen needed to carry him to the huddle.
    Maybe i'd like fields more if someone could tell me what they are seeing in why they like him but nobody can because I keep looking and looking and don't see anything special. I see a solid prospect who probably turns out to be an average to above average starter. But I don't see the potential of a top 5 QB in the league and nobody can tell me why they see it either.

cval likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That doesn't prove anything because you are wrong.

cval likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised. I'm sure they love Pitts and he'd probably be the pick if they stay. Trey Lance would probably be their guy if they decide to go QB. But they really need help on the D side, so if they trade down, it's probably for that. Good catch though.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well, he had plenty of time to practice for one.

10. IIMeanDeanII

So, If Fields had a hand injury, that would be more credible to you?

11. GasedAndConfused

it's not about credible or not.if you paid attention to my posts I don't put much credit to college stats anyway. I look at what they do on film. the good and the bad. I was just making a point of why stats in college are dumb and how circumstances are left out

12. IIMeanDeanII

Welp.. I was just saying In regards to Injuries. Fields rib Injury wasn't the only injury he was dealing with as he had hurt his hand (thumb) on his throwing hand In the Big Ten Championship. Which was obviously just prior to the CFP against Clemson.

Stats definitely tell a big part of the story but not the biggest part of the story. I agree with you there, watching film Is extremely important, which a lot of us have done.

It's also dumb when you leave out circumstances for one prospect, but, associate those same circumstances to another prospect.

Those people are called hypocrites.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

His shoulder was no longer injured though, it was surgically repaired and he was at the 9 month point of recovery (been throwing for three months if his rehabilitation was as smooth as indicated).

Plus all the doctors here have already downplayed the lingering affects as it pertains to be fragile, but it gets played up as a significant excuse as to having a subpar performance. So which is it?

legler82 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  14. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/i8QArDRYeheecUTT7

15. GasedAndConfused

I wasn't comparing apples to apples. i was just making a statement that wilson played the entire 2019 season banged up badly. and they didn't point it out. it's a big difference then 1 game.

I'm still waiting for one of the many fields supports to tell em what they see that makes him MVP caliber or special on film because I don't see it. Maybe i'm missing it but nobody wants to talk about it. it's just shut up and accept my answer with nothing explained. I'd be happy if someone could point out what i'm missing here so I can at least see their point of view but nobody wants to

16. GasedAndConfused

in 2019 he himself said he was 65-70% at best but him and the coaches felt even at that percent he gave them the best chance to win so he played through it. that was just the shoulder not even including the hand

Borat likes this.
  17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Was he “banged up” or did he faced a tougher schedule? I watched a lot of his 2019 tape, he didn’t look like someone who was banged up. He made the same WOW throws. The numbers just weren’t the same because there weren’t as many cupcakes on the schedule.

#77 legler82, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

the cupcake thing is nonsense. it only makes a difference if they have all day and throwing to wide open WRs. That's not what you see on film from wilson. you see him making NFL throws all the time. I think a lot of people get skewed by college nonsense like x school only has shitty QBs or Y school has an easy schedule etc etc. Mahomes didn't play much competition in college, josh allens numbers in college were trash. You should know by now I don't pay attention to the stats. I just watch the film and look at the talent. I'm not a college fan so i don't go into watching film with preconceived notions of things like that.

as far as the injury goes he had offseason shoulder surgery. started the season at 65-70% and didn't get a real ofseason of growth as it was more rehab. then mid season he broke his thumb on this throwing hand, had surgery and missed 5-6 weeks. it's a rough season for anyone. in 2020 he was healthy with a full offseason and you can see the growth. that's what you want, players that keep improving on their natural talent. fields to me looks like baker. almost a finished product. a steady 34 games of good QB play. but haven't seen any improvement really and still has a lot to work on in the next level. should be a solid QB but I don't see MVP talent in him and not a single person including you can explain what it is you see that I don't. noe have you had anything to say on what you don't see in wilson. It's just stats quoted and agree with me or i'll just post 1 line nonsense over and over again

JohnnyJet1222 and Borat like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nothing about his performance indicates that he was ailing. He had the same velocity on his balls as he does now including in that game where BYU facefucked Kurt Warner's lovechild Slovis for the upset.

If he played he gets graded on it. If you could see noticeable ailment out of a player it's a bit different. But I don't see anything out of his physical traits that look much different than they do now.

I think I've told this tale, but I tore my rotator cuff and labrum and essentially everything in my shoulder in high school, rehabbed it, and tore it again the following year when I suited up and just played football on it. The second tear finished off my baseball career. But after the first one, before getting clobbered again for the second tear, I was throwing at about five-five and a half months and relatively easily at full velocity a couple months after that. And Wilson only tore his labrum, right?

He was not hurt. He was overmatched.

Footballgod214 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.