Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 2)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Mar 1, 2021.

?

What do you pick?

1. Fields

15.8%
  2. Wilson

50.0%
  3. Darnold

17.5%
  4. Other - Explain

7.0%
  5. Watson - Up to 3 1st's.

9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Duke? Cmon. We need to get over this stigma about egyptian prospects..cleopatra is the real deal

legler82 and K'OB like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You have a point, but frankly, I think most posters here - the regular ones - aren't just swallowing whole ANY "expert" opinions. I'll speak for myself and say that I try to read/listen to as many as I can to add to my own observations. I don't think I'm unique in that here. I do give added weight to the likes of O'Sullivan, Jenkins, and Chris Simms because they all have pro-QBing experience and have been around the game a long time, but I don't take their word as infallible. In the end, I just hope whoever Douglas takes it finally ends the 50+ year drought of a true FQB for the Jets.

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Asses milk is so hard to come by nowadays though ;)

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

What was your point? That Wilson fans are demanding Fields fans "fall in line"? Lol.

You can believe whatever you want, as I stated many times before. The question of what is most likely to happen in the real world is 10x as interesting to me as everyone repeating what they want to happen ad nauseam.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The creativity and flair by which he plays.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Is it safe to say that whoever we draft to be our QB, we're going to screw it up and waste more high draft capital on a position we cannot fill? And this is not because we are cursed, or have bad luck, or don't draft well. It's because the Jets are an inept, rudderless organization with an impatient fanbase in a media-frenzied environment that slowly picks apart and demoralizes QBs before turning them into quivering, steaming blobs of goo.

I really want to be wrong, but I just see us on this never-ending rollercoaster of changing personalities and philosophies with only one constant - losing. Sorry for being so negative. Go Jets.

Brook!, K'OB, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's the point, he did. Watched top guys, had Allen 1, Baker 2, until he watched Lamar last, and he took over top spot with Allen #2. Listen, I am not saying the guy is always right. But so far folks he thought were star level, like Lamar, Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Murray turned out pretty good. So, yeah, when he says he sees someone in this draft is one of them, and he is almost as high on him as he was on Mahomes, it's worth listening too.

#1807 Borat, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I prefer Fields but I
    The definition of insanity is trying the samething over and over again and expecting different results.

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Cheers![​IMG]

Noam, Brook!, legler82 and 2 others like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That could just as easily be said Rodgers or Mahomes, as Manziel. Manziel is just a way of putting Wilson down. Just because his style of play has characteristics of Rodgers or Mahomes doesn't mean that he is on the same talent level.

Borat likes this.
  11. legler82

I banged and damn near broke the table for Mahomes. Allen was more a tap. I thought that class was overrated but Allen was the best prospect of the group. It seemed like I was banging the table because I had to defend him so much. Some of the anti-Allen takes were bonkers. When drafting a QBs this high, I’m not interested in getting a good one; I want the best one available when we pick. Allen was that guy then and Fields IMHO is that guy now.

#1811 legler82, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

OK, at this point I think I just have to detach and check back in in a couple of weeks. This endless arguing and sniping over shit which is completely out of our control has become too much like taking a 2000 mile road trip with the kids in the back seat yelling at each other: "Don't touch me! Mom, he's touching me! Dad, she's breathing on me! When will be there? I'm bored! I'm hungry!"

I'm getting out of the car.

Brook!, Attackett, NCJetsfan and 5 others like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Brook!, Attackett, jixxjr and 5 others like this.
  14. legler82

Like I said you guys are sensitive. I didn’t say Mahomes or Rodgers because I don’t see that kind of elite arm talent. If I saw Mahomes or Rodgers I would have said as much. Also, I said he had a “little” Manziel and a “little” Carr in him. Manziel was a 1st round prospect & Carr should have been. I don’t view it as an insult. I comp prospect to prospect not careers. If I say a prospect has Cutler or Jeff George arm talent, that’s a compliment regardless of how their careers panned out.

15. legler82

It wasn’t a passive aggressive comment “that time” but given my history I can see how it can be perceived as such. Either way that’s a hilarious meme. You get the like for that:D:D:D

16. bicketybam

You got the passive aggressive internet forum thing down to a tee!

REVISion likes this.
  17. legler82

Oh I’m fucking great at it but this particular case is not an example.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, you're wrong. I am not sensitive. You're just being negative for the sake of being negative. You're conflating style of play with talent, and that's wrong. One cannot separate Manziel the player from his poor character, so when you compare a player to him, it's an insult. He had glaringly apparent character issues, and was only 6'0 (if that).

If you think Wilson doesn't have elite arm talent then you need glasses or a change of prescription. It's not on Rodgers' or Mahomes' level yet, and may never be, it is elite.

19. bicketybam

I'm not buying it [​IMG]

REVISion likes this.
  20. legler82

I don’t view what I said as negative at all. It’s comp and not even a full one at that. Sensitive people usually are the last to know they are. If I was sensitive like you, I would take the “need glasses” comment as an insult. It doesn’t bother me because I’m not sensitive plus I know you’re just lashing out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.