NFL Owners will vote for 17 game regular season (APPROVED)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I believe it would, but that was an old reply I never posted. Must have been saved in cookies and regenerated when I added the 17 game reply.
    I believe the NFLPA agreed to a 2 game preseason ultimately.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

It does it if you type a post but don't send the post and then later on open the same thread and post a new comment, it seems to remember what you had previously typed but not sent, it is a little frustrating tbh.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK, thanks. That's great. Hopefully, they decide to go back to 16 games in 2031. I don't want to see the Dolphins keep that record as being the only team to go undefeated in a 16-game season. Maybe the Jets can go undefeated in 2031, then ins 2032 when they revert to a 16-game season, the Jets can go undefeated again, They can then join the Dolphins as being the only teams to go undefeated in a 16-game season, can be the only team to go undefeated in a 17-game season, and the only team to go undefeated two seasons in a row! ;) LOL

Footballgod214 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We had a chance to match Miami's 16 game undefeated season in 2020 but we blew it!!!!

Lon Chaney and TonyFtLaud like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The site automatically saves anything you type into the text field as a draft after like 15-20 seconds. You can clear the draft by clicking the little floppy disk in the toolbar above and clicking "delete draft". It could be data saved in a cookie though so that might work as well.

TonyFtLaud and Brook! like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yup...

ADDITIONAL REGULAR SEASON GAMES (a) The League and/or Clubs shall have the discretion to increase the number of regular season games per Club from sixteen (16) to seventeen (17) (but not more), provided that the combined total of preseason and regular season games played per Club shall not exceed twenty (20) games. The League and/or Clubs shall not increase the number of regular season games per Club to eighteen (18) or more games.​

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

lol....stating that something is a "straw man argument" does not necessarily imply that someone is engaged in "arguing." I will let you go have fun trolling someone else now, but it was fun while it lasted, chief. Take it smeezy. :):);)

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You have really thin skin.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

my suggestion in a letter sent to them was to have game 17 as the " traditional rivalry game" afc vs nfc.

jets-giants, steelers-eagles, etc. home field flip each year, so you have either 8 or 9 home games.

give each team a 2nd bye on the sunday before they play on thursday night.

that pushes the super bowl back to president's day weekend.

play the rivalry game on columbus day weekend, or open up the season on labor day weekend.

Brook! likes this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Dolphins went undefeated in a 14 game season. The Patriot's are the only team that went undefeated in a 16 game regular season.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction. I had totally blocked out that the Patriots had gone undefeated. LOL