Why I believe Zach Wilson is going to be successful

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetFan20, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Yes, sport fans usually love certainty. They like having (rightfully so) the most hyped up and consistent performers. They don't like sudden risers or unknown.

I am more of a hockey guy, but more often than not, late risers in a hockey draft are very good signs. It shows a player that has figured out on how to be more effective with his toolset. It also usually show character and dedication to constantly improve. While players that are great for a longtime but are showing some inconsistencies are more worrisome as it is perceived as he might have already plateaued and might not improve much.

In football, it seems more contrary to that belief when you have a late risers there are always people questioning but why he did not do that last year? Is it the coaching? The system? Etc.

I am not saying one belief is better than the other just an observation.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Who gave KC a C-?

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

JD knows he needs to support Wilson with a excellent run game, offensive line and receivers. Since we don’t have a quality RB on the squad you can bank on him taking one in the draft. Either Najee at 23 or Etienne at 34 or Sermon at 66 is my prediction. I think JD will go for value at the guard position and look at Robert Hainsey or Royce Newman in the 3rd/4th round. He might take a flyer on a speedster wr in the 5th/6th round. Tight end in the 5th/6th round too.

boozer32 likes this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yes, draft choices are good but now they have to hit on them. Becton was good but we need a lot more talent like that especially at QB.

#25 boozer32, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    papapump and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I can't agree more the TE has been the lost position. The last good ones we have were Shuler and Keller. But with the Shanahan offense they will run the TE position will have to be addressed and will be utilized.

papapump and cval like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Gotta be Hack.. First, Hack was a HUGE reach, even in the 2nd round. Second, Mac used Hack as his justification for passing on Mahomes AND Watson.

cval and Kryoptix like this.
  9. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I think RB is not the priority. Offensive line is.
    There are unwritten rules in football that I never understood. Like you don't draft QBs in consecutive years as you don't know what you have. I get the gist but if the QBs you have is still a big question mark after one year and the guy you can draft is way better you should still draft a new QB.

That is why I am not too shocked that we moved on from Darnold.

Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

agreed on your second point, TE is so undervalued and it seems like only the good coaches know that. Idk that Freiermuth is that good though

11. Fantastic.

Peace be with you & also with Chris

legler82 likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I thought when I clicked this thread it was going to say "Because the Jets are drafting someone else".

@JetFan20 The Jets are definitely setting up Wilson for success more than they did for Darnold, but he has to step up and play great himself to be successful. Douglas needs to hit on most of those draft picks too. If he does, the Jets could be a really good team in 2022 and a great team in 2023. I'll take it, but many right moves have to be made between now and then for it to happen, starting with drafting a QB.

13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

RB is just as much of a priority for a developing QB as a guard if not more. Familiarity in the backfield with hand offs and blocking is immense. Also the luxury of handing the ball over with confidence to a stud RB makes the timing on offence better. We need a stud back there with Wilson and watch this offence flourish

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Gee whiz how many of U posted the same poppycocik about Sam when he was drafted?:mad:

Ralebird, KurtTheJetsFan and legler82 like this.
  15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#35 legler82, Apr 6, 2021
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

sozopol, Borat, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

at least he put his name on it. Lots of these guys hide their identity...hes got an opinion, Chris Simms does, TGG posters do. We all have about the same track record. QBs are hard to project.

I'm not very excited about any of these QB prospects this year but I thought Darnold would be good so I'm gonna let it play out realizing I don't know shit and hope Wilson is the man. tired of watching terrible football every year

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, we're not. It's just ridiculous and sad all the snide and petty comments coming from some of you Fields supporters. You don't see Wilson supporters making those comments, and most of us would be happy with Fields, just think Wilson is better.

#38 NCJetsfan, Apr 6, 2021
  19. NCJetsfan

They'd damn-well better.

20. NCJetsfan

When was he a Jets' scout? 20 years ago. If it's the article I'm thinking about, he wasn't really a scout. He worked in Pro Personnel for one year as an intern or something akin. He calls himself a "scout" but never was, and he's full of shit.