Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 2)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Mar 1, 2021.

?

What do you pick?

1. Fields

15.8%
  2. Wilson

50.0%
  3. Darnold

17.5%
  4. Other - Explain

7.0%
  5. Watson - Up to 3 1st's.

9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Oh, I am not dismissing Simms rankings at all. His record is unlike anything I have ever seen. I just posted that parody since it was funny (aside from Fields report bit, where he got serious for a second too and overall the bit completely missed the mark), that's all. And there was one thing I actually learned, as I mentioned earlier: it looks like JT really doesn't like Simms as some of these attacks were vicious. To me it actually answered some questions about his last video on Zach. I watched JT videos a lot, and this is the first time I see him putting a subject like "what am I missing" and really being a bit harsh at times during evaluation of some decent throws I pointed out before.

This was particularly odd, since in the previous video he made on Zach about a game later in the season against SD State, he was gushing about him like I have never seen him gush about any other prospect. Now he looks at a much earlier game, and is asking what he is missing? I thought I was missing something honestly, it just felt out of character for him. Now that I know how much he hates Simms, who overhyped Zach a bit, I can see why he was a bit our of character analyzing him.

2. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

I'm gonna be pissed if and when Fields ends up being the best QB in this draft.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You and me both.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Even when we land him? :cool:

Ray Lucas likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

why?

put it this way, had the chiefs took watson and the texans mahomes (ignoring his off the field issues) would you have been pissed to have gotten a stud QB?
    If we took jackson over allen instead of darnold would you be pissed?

like who cares if fields winds up being the best as long as the jets get a really good QB too. I'll only be pissed if we draft a bust. other then that I don't care

Ray Lucas likes this.
  6. legler82

Sullivan as just as critical on Fields if you watch his Fields videos. He’s like that on all the QBs. Praise the good and point out the areas of improvement. Wilson fans are just not accustomed to seeing him critiqued.

7. legler82

History suggests we will not.

8. GasedAndConfused

mind if I issue you a challenge? throw the stats out and the bias. go back and watch fields and wilson and look for this specific thing

how often do you see fields fitting balls into tight windows, throwing WRs open, placing the ball where only his WR gets it or it's incomplete when they are covered.
    No look at the same for wilson. Wilson is already making NFL throws with confidence. fields doens't make throws into tight windows. in the NFL you have to do that to be a sucessful QB. you can't only throw to wide open players becuase it doens't exist at the NFL level often enough

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

No, that's not true. I watched his multiple Fields, Lance, other Zach videos too. He is usually very careful with his criticism. "What am I missing" is what he is like with most QBs? Absolutely not. Then he went at length about the jump ball where I was like what's the big deal - he gave his tall receiver a chance on a high ball before getting hit. I liked the critique, and absolutely agreed with most of it, Zach is far from perfect prospect. JT is one of the best in business analyzing tape, and I learned a lot from latest video too. I just couldn't quite understand a couple of out of character things in the video, and now that I saw his bit on Simms, it makes more sense.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

And you are right.

It seems like Fields might drop.

I have no question about his abilities but something seem off.

Unless the NFL teams are the king of smoke screens. It seems quite possible that Fields could be the 5th QB selected.

I know we all make fun of pro teams missing on legit talent way too often but to me there is something that fans might be missing. His stats and athletic abilities are obvious but somehow teams are down on him. I am curious about the interview process maybe they have all come to the conclusion that he is too much of a risk (as crazy as this sound).

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The fact that our OC and GM attended his pro day tells me it's not a foregone conclusion that Wilson's the pick at 2.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. legler82

I’m not your personal Google/YouTube. You can find whatever you are looking for on your own. I’ve seen him do all the things you say he can’t and has never done. I have 20/20 vision so I will trust what I see and not what you tell me.

13. legler82

I think it’s a matter of traits some under and/or overvalue, the inability to project & group think.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. That clears some things up for me.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

When you know you know.

:eek:

16. legler82

Everytime we go through these QB debates & my preference differs from the consensus, there’s always comes a point where I start doubting myself and ask as JT O’Sullivan asked “what am I missing?”. I go back and rewatch tape I’ve seen several times to make sure I’m not crazy. I’ve already reached that point on this debate. I’m as comfortable w/ Fields as my choice for the Jets as I was Mahomes & Allen. I see the arm talent with Wilson but something which I can’t really put into words yet scares me about him. Nonetheless, if he’s the pick and I’m wrong, I will gladly take my ban from @Brook! with a smile.

17. legler82

[​IMG]

Imagesrdecieving, NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

Well you clearly missed this which is why i'm asking you. for your benefit not mine. of course you can ignore it and be ignorant which ruins any conversation.

You realize it's ok to like fields but acknowledge his flaws. all prospects have flaws. your refusal to see fields just makes your opinion invalid

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

When you say that you've gone back and watched tape and feel as certain as you did with Mahomes and Allen, I have to give a lot of weight to that. And if I were advising anyone as to whether to bet on you or me, I'd tell them legler every time. But...as you feel about Fields, I feel confident about Wilson. I may go down in flames, but in the end you have to go with what you believe. And I figure I can't lose: if I'm wrong and you're right, the Jets will still get a great QB!:D

20. legler82

TBF I doubt anyone thought Rosen’s career would play out this way. That aside he is the perfect case study of possibly putting too much stock on the “perceived” mental proficiency of QB prospects.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.