Build around Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A guy at the pro day in between the throws

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah guys with short little t-rex arms are usually the ones putting up a lot of bench reps.

K'OB likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

thats 1 hting people don't seem to realize. as bad as we have been, no QB has played better for us then sam. and flacco is a solid QB at this age not great but not awful. same with seiman he's won games with other teams. Sam with mccown hwo actually played pretty good for us. Falk was just ass though

azhar80 likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

During the past 3 years? Because prior to Sam, both Fitz and McCown had years where they played much better than Sam. I'm not commenting on the talent they had around them.

But if you mean that no one during Sam's tenure on the Jets has played better than him while he was sidelined, I agree with that. But Christ, the competition was beyond awful

5. GasedAndConfused

it was awful but goes to show that sam wasn't our issue. if mccown or flacco in their current state come in for an injured sanchez during out SB runs we probably win 1

azhar80 likes this.
  6. bicketybam

I thought Sam played as well as could be expected as a rookie. Then in year two, once he came back from mono/injury, I thought he showed progress (best pro year). Then last year happened. I think we could have won more games with better QB play. Flacco had NE beat but our defense let Cam Fucking Newton beat us. Sam played his worst football last year....stupid decisions, sacks, multiple INT games. That's when I threw in the towel and a lot of that had to do with where he is with his contract. Can't pick up the option and hoping he turns it around could also leave us without a QB (he plays well and we don't want to pay him what he wants.) So to me we almost have to address the QB position this draft. Who knows if we will be in a position to draft a top QB next year. I know there are plenty that disagree but that's my feeling.

azhar80 likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

gase was a huge mistake. we all knew it. everyone knew it except the johnsons

azhar80 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  8. bicketybam

Definitely not the right offensive scheme for Darnold and he was unwilling to modify it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

gase's scheme is just ass for anyone outside of peyton manning who calls his own plays

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It's so frustrating how the Jets let Sam down. No talent, piss poor coaching. Hope Wilson turns out to be the guy

azhar80 likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

more importantly hope we don't let him down

Murrell2878 likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Darnold has not demonstrated much value or strength of psyche as yet; neither may ever develop. The decision must be made based on what is best for the New York Jets, nothing else. I believe unless a high value offer is made for Darnold his value is best recognized by keeping him. We should not expect a drafted quarterback to be ready to play NFL football immediately. The Jets are not winning anything significant in 2021 so the overall plan is not damaged by letting Darnold continue as the QB until such time as the new guy is ready to take over. There is a long shot chance that the culture change at the Jets could possibly drag Darnold out of whatever hole he is in and a chance that the new guy is not ready for a year or more; there's no hurry to get rid of him.

An ideal situation would probably be that the new guy is ready midseason coincident with another team losing their starter and Darnold having exhibited abilities we haven't seen to date. Cash in then at a higher value for Darnold and move ahead with the draftee.

#1412 Ralebird, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  13. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Frank Gore as your starting RB. Let’s pleeeeease not forget this.

How are you possibly setting up a pass play?

azhar80, Murrell2878 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

just stop with this

"poor Sam" bs

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  15. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Our last two starting RBs are not even on NFL teams currently. Football is the ultimate team sport. It’s not poor Sam it’s objective facts you guys fail to ignore.

azhar80 and Murrell2878 like this.
  16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm predicting the Jets will trade Sam right after they evaluate the health of Zach Wilson's shoulder.

17. If moving on from Sam & drafting his replacement at 2 is the plan,pick 23 has GOT to be an offensive player. I dont care who. You cant go right back to doing the same crap to a new QB.Drafting any defensive player,regardless of who & at what position sends a BAD message

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

...any position offense except RB.

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

What if Jaycee Horn is available and the CS sees a #1 CB in him? Can always go OL or skill at 34. I acknowledge the importance of building around a QB, but having a CB who can limit one side of the opposing offense is big too.

azhar80 likes this.
  20. There’s no RB worth the pick anyway.

It’d be a choice of something like Vera-Tucker/Bateman.Unless they use Sam + 23 to move up for a Slater/Waddle

azhar80, NCJetsfan and legler82 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.