Zach Wilson Pro Day. Special on NFL network at 1 PM ET

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 25, 2021.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. If we were at #1 it would be a no brainer. Lawrence would be the pick no questions asked. This is typical draft buildup stuff that's been going on forever. Lawrence is the clear #1 pick and for good reason.

REVISion likes this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I want to see his pro day as well. 9ers moving to 3 and at the ZW pro day. Maybe they know something we do not in that JD is drafting Fields.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Heres to the second coming of christ & best talent evaluator of all time Chris Simms for putting conventional wisdom & decades prudent QB player evaluation to the wayside!

The ONLY GM who ISNT a GM & has never BEEN a GM!

All hail!!

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's mind blowing dude. Absolutely, amazingly, insane how people here create their own reality. Draft day needs to get here.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

After all this talk of QB prospects and comparing Lawrence to the Namaths and Elways of all time I have a question about the Wilson hype train.

Historical comparison between Jim McMahon and Zach as prospects coming out of college. Same schools, similar physical build, look like they could have been brothers. Its not even close right? McMahon is/was better by a mile?

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

There is only one player in this years draft that has HOF potential and it’s agreed upon by all 32 NFL teams and their scouts. Penei Sewell, no other player has that label attached to them.

NFL teams are so afraid to miss out on the next Mahomes or Watson, because of what happened a couple of years ago, that the pendulum has gone to the other extreme and teams are willing to pass on potential HOF non QB players to draft QBs with red flags attached to them, whether it’s Wilson and his meteoric rise even though he’s played three full years. Fields and his 1 1/2 years of starting time as QB behind a LOS that gives him all day to throw to open receivers.

There is a chance that Mac Jones goes before Sewell, that’s how much of a circus this has become.

#506 Red Menace, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    ukjetsfan, ouchy, Pepsiguy5 and 3 others like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Huh? You want Darnold or you have another QB in mind?

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Plenty of uber fast QB's has sucked in the NFL. That's a lousy barometer. I would be asking about his grasp of the new offense the Jets will be running. Can he read defenses and is better at escaping a pass rush instead of running by one.

9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

lol I’m just saying. Players don’t run the 40 when they know they will run slower than people are anticipating or they will prove they aren’t as fast as some think.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. Mobility is very important, not raw speed. I wish he would have, but I totally disagree that he faked a hammy as an excuse. I never compared him to Mahomes or Rodgers, nor would I ever dream of comparing Fields to them either, so to me that is a mute point.
    But some people here summarily dismissed the throwing part of it, which BTW had a hell of a lot more passes on the run and out of position with off balance throws right on the money ala Mahomes and Shanahan system than any other pro day. When is convenient for them they ignore pro day and go to the actual games to find flaws, when is not convenient they make excuses that it was not a hammy and should have run. We saw plenty of mobility on all the games he played, yet they now are left wondered if he is mobile, but the throwing part of it was ignored because of the actual competition. I'm not buying any of that.

#510 LAJet, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good Lord spot on. Mobility he has shown plenty, and the 40 dash speed is a pimple excuse in this elephants ass

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I believe if both maximize their talents Fields will be the better player. This was my same thought process in 2018. Allen just had the most talent. I’d say from my own personal grades I would put Fields on par with Allen though different in their play styles. I didn’t agree w/ the notion of not drafting a QB because we don’t have the right coaches to develop him. I still don’t believe in that philosophy. A lot of people seem to be interested in getting the most NFL ready talent as opposed to the potential best talent. We are not ready to win now so I’m not thinking like that. JD & Saleh got 5 year deals; they shouldn’t be thinking like that either. Mahomes is/was in a class by himself. I may never fall in love like that again. Lol

13. legler82

Curious, should one take this as “petty” or “snide”?

14. He was an RB in HS & has made plenty of people miss on tape in the open field.He’s a legit dual threat in the NFL & in a system predicated largely on QB mobility id venture to say him running a 4.4 would be very relevant.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think Justin Fields has potential star power at the NFL level. He has that It factor and leadership ability that I like in my QB's, that I am not sure Sam has unfortunately. Talent evaluators have too much time on their hands, so they nitpicked his game and found reasons to drop him down. The truth is he will likely succeed in the NFL. I like a lot of his ability. Dual threat, running and throwing.

I am not sure how there can be polar opposite fans of Wilson and Fields though. I see all the positives in both, and all the potential risks/red flags in both.

Maybe the Super Pro-Fields crowd just thinks that there are less risks/red flags with him than Wilson? Because you can easily see the talent in both QB's if you just watch them play.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He sucked as a QB, would be selling cars if it wasn't for his dad. But somehow his opinion matters to people

17. legler82

[​IMG]

18. It’s amazing the herd mentality & annointing of pretty much anyone w a Youtube page & flimsy credentials if they properly articulate & perpetuate what folks wanna hear.

barfolomew likes this.
  19. legler82

Is there “Super Pro-Fields” crowd? I’d like to meet them.

barfolomew likes this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Which reality is currently the correct one? Hard to keep track.

JetsNation06 likes this.