Zach Wilson Pro Day. Special on NFL network at 1 PM ET

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 25, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure that he'll have his adjustment period/learning curve, but I think that he will do better in that regard than any other rookie QB, other than maybe Mac Jones. I could be wrong, but if so, big deal. I've been wrong before, and will be wrong again. It's what I think. You believe differently fine. I've shown you respect, and have always respected you and your opinion. If you don't respect me, fine. I can live with that. All I've seen from you are petty, snide comments. Sad.

cval, matt robinson 17 and Noam like this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What does me wanting to see Wilson read NFL defenses have to do with you? Why are you taking it personally? Every draft pundit is pushing this narrative about his processing speed & ability to read defenses. I’m anxious to see how it translate in the NFL. It hasn’t yet with Darnold. If that’s petty or snide so be it.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

For now, yes. I'd rather him, than force a pick and waste the second overall

4. legler82

I can support stickin with Sam because you still believe in him but I can’t support sticking w/ Sam out of fear of “wasting a pick”. Scared money don’t make money.

#484 legler82, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Fiftynine, 94Abraham, cval and 7 others like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

As evidenced by Sam Darnold, no doubt?

REVISion likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Was the tailor from Canton also there taking measurements?

Lon Chaney likes this.
  7. legler82

8. Ralebird

Well, they may call themselves a network; the reality is they are just part of the NFL's public relations and promotions department.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You realize if Wilson kicks ass for the Jets, you will no longer be god?

Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. legler82

What if Fields kicks more ass? Will I get the usual “he wouldn’t have done it here” responses? Anyway, I’ll gladly forfeit “God”status for a good QB on the Jets. It’s not enjoyable watching the QBs you wanted your favorite team to draft flourishing on other teams. I die a little inside every time Mahomes throws a TD. He hrows a lot of them so my insides are pretty F’d up by now.

11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

He’s old but I think Gil Brandt is still pretty good. He’s usually accurate in draft predictions.

12. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

You are convinced Fields is the best QB.
    Would you rate him above Mahomes or Allen prior to their draft year (obviously)?

I must admit I have not followed draft for years as much as many of you around here but I find the criticism of Wilson a bit weird as he as definitely showed he has the arm talent, quick release, mobility, productivity (I know the level of play is subpar) but you were not concerned by that for Josh Allen.

I am also 100% concerned about his durability though. But as far as pure throwing talent I think the kid is special. Even in term of his physicality I believe he will get bigger and stronger as he is still young and actually even look younger than he is :D.

You mentioned that Fields could improve his thought process and ability to read defenses. Fair but is that something that Wilson could also do?

#492 Kryoptix, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    azhar80 likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When I watch Fields and Wilson throw the ball side by side, Fields just throws an NFL ball. Less rainbow, gets there in a hurry, the ball is driven instead of flung. Minimal arc.

If you want to compare Mahomes to someone, those passes remind me of the long and intermediate passes Mahomes throws, or Watson.

Really want to see Fields pro day now. Jets might just be victims of hype again.

Brook!, barfolomew and King Koopa like this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don’t believe this to be true, without coming across as anti-Fields, his whole career as Ohio State QB has pretty much been throwing to open receivers while standing behind the LOS and waiting for them to get open.

If you watch highlights of Fields, he is never under pressure, Fields is going to have a good Pro Day as well.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Holy Memories of childhood Batman!!

Mr. Wilson lived next door to Dennis the Menace and Mr. Fields was Abbott and Costello's Landlord on 1950/1960s TV:D:rolleyes: ahahaha

boozer32 and Noam like this.
  16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

My opinion on this guy is injury prone with all pro talent high risk high reward, if he will be a jet i hope he can stay healthy and i hope he can slide

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is a little much. Lawrence is an amazing prospect but to label him as the second best prospect to ever play out of college, you are exaggerating quite a bit. Either way, the best QB to ever live didn't make your top 5 prospects coming out of college, so who really cares what their ranking is?

It's funny but my dad and I were talking about Lawrence when the Jets had the number one pick. We were watching film of him and we both came to the same conclusion, Idk if Lawrence is quite as good as people are claiming. Now this is pure opinion as he has had an amazing college career, but that does not always translate into the NFL.

I am not totally sold on Zach Wilson either, for the record. I personally think Wilson is more talented than Lawrence. I think he has a better arm, is better on the run, and is more accurate. In fact, there have been several scouting reports that point to Lawrence's accuracy as a point of concern. Wilson scares me due to that talent level he played against in college.

All I'm saying is, I would not be surprised if a guy like Wilson ends up becoming the better QB and has the better career. I am happy the Jets are at #2 because I think Wilson might be the better player. I would not be able to sleep at night if we were at #1 taking Lawrence and that same scenario played out.

ColoradoContrails and Rockinz like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ok but we don't know for sure that the rotator cuff wasn't affected, right? We are just kinda going on what BYU/Wilson has disclosed.

In college they don't have to disclose details like that and based on what you describe it would benefit Wilson's life if they left those details out and just said it was labrum related.

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is true and until we get the health review in April, we will not know.

Again, from experience, his rotator cuff likely wasn't injured. I could be completely wrong, but his recovery time does not add up to a torn labrum and rotator cuff. I was out 10 months recovering from my surgery and it took a while before I was good enough to start throwing again. Wilson was throwing shortly after his surgery and fully recovered for opening day the following season.

I could be completely wrong, but if it was a repaired labrum only, I would not be concerned

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I still find it funny that everyone assumes Douglas is drafting Wilson, he is doing due diligence on players he has on his draft board it would be stupid not to.

Wilson said in an interview that his zoom meetings with all teams that have reached out to him have all been the same. That includes the Jets.

Maybe Niners moved up to 3rd spot because Joe told them through back channels he’s taking Sewell and Niners were guaranteed Wilson at the 3rd spot.

This board is going to have meltdown when Joe does the opposite of what everyone is assuming he will do.