Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 2)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Mar 1, 2021.

?

What do you pick?

1. Fields

15.8%
  2. Wilson

50.0%
  3. Darnold

17.5%
  4. Other - Explain

7.0%
  5. Watson - Up to 3 1st's.

9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Again, if you watched that game - not the highlights, but the whole game - with an open mind, you'll see that it wasn't Wilson's fault they lost. A TD called back on a questionable holding call; a Hail Mary at the half that should've had a P.I. called for a CC defender actually dragging a receiver back into the EZ while the ball was still in the air, leading to the one INT Wilson threw; a couple of drops, and a receiver running backwards and losing 15 yards on a play instead of just going down right away. And of course they only had less than 2 days to prep for the game and had to fly cross country.

No, it wasn't a spectacular performance as Wilson himself admits, but if that's him on a "bad" day, I'll take it.

Borat and ouchy like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I've seen the whole game. It was a team loss. He still struggled at times, and almost threw an ill conceived INT on an improvised shuttle pass. He didn't thrive, but he made some good throws also.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Darnold doesn't get traded. He can start Week 1 if Wilson (or whoever we draft) isn't ready to go, and are we really going to get that much for him in a trade?

Borat, Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

At this point, I doubt he will. Carolina may be the only team that has any interest in him at this point. Earlier, we might have gotten something for him.

The Jets definitely may want a veteran to start at the beginning of the season or for most of the season. They may not want to rush Wilson onto the field until the OL has gelled, and Wilson is ready. It won't be fair to Sam as the pressure on him will be immense. If JD really loves Sam so much, he should have traded him to give him a chance somewhere else. He's dooming the poor kid. This season could end Sam's career. Now I'm starting to have some sympathy for him. If he plays poorly, Jets fans may boo him off the field.

Noam likes this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I had a dream where I informed Sam that he would start at least the first four games of the year. He played well and my sister and I -- yes, my family was now running the whole operation -- swapped Sam for a 2nd and a 5th during a week six bye. For some reason my office was right in the middle of the weight room, which made negotiating on the phone kind of a pain.

Wilson was a specter hovering around the dream, but never actually appeared. I hope we had another quarterback for week 7.

REVISion and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Ever pay attention to snap to throw stats. Every year it’s usually the older QBs that tend to have the fastest times & younger QBs the slower times. Last year Big Ben had the fastest time and Josh Allen the slowest of full time starters. There was a time Big Ben used to be where Josh Allen was. Ryan Fitzpatrick had the 2nd fastest time. Brady, Brees, Rivers, Alex Smith all were near the top of the list while Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Baker..etc near the bottom. Of course there are always exceptions but for most QBs it’s more learned than you may think.

8. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I read this thread title and see Trask and think has anybody even mentioned him in here?

10. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Get this feeling we’re taking Sewell and trading 23, Darnold and a 2nd to Carolina and taking Fields or Lance

11. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

He got some love early on but it is pretty obvious he won't be one of the first 5 QB's picked.

Davis Mills is probably ahead of him.

K'OB likes this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I mentioned that kid the other day myself as a long term project type.

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I think we share the same crack pipe.

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Honestly your family could run the team better than Macagnan or Idzik so I think that's a realistic scenario.

twown and REVISion like this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is the first thing I thought when SF traded up to 3.....Deshaun Watson.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree, although there is a crazy idea floating that involves a three way trade with Chicago and Seahawks, where we end up with Chicago's second and Sam to Seattle.

17. NCJetsfan

Yes, that's right. I do remember that now that you mention it. I forget in that scenario...did we have to give up a pick, or just Sam?

18. NCJetsfan

I've never even heard of those snap to throw stats. I for one, would appreciate it if you'd post them here. I'm always open and willing to learn something new.

If we take Fields, I'll certainly root for him and hope that you're right and that he can learn/fix all that he needs to. Isn't it a good thing that Wilson already is fast in college, however? Doesn't that show that he probably will be able to do that in the NFL once he learns our offense and feels really comfortable/confident in it?

Noam likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The word of the Lord.

Thanks be to Chris Simms.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Here they call it Time to Throw:

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing

ColoradoContrails, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.