Zach Wilson Pro Day. Special on NFL network at 1 PM ET

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 25, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want Lawrence.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

after Wilson's awesome pro day, a shout out to: REVISIon, NCJetsFan AND ColoradoContrails....3 guys who were on the Zach Wilson bandwagon BEFORE anyone even knew a "Zach Wilson Bandwagon" existed....I hopped on in December and tried to get the "TL or Bust!" folks to cool their jets, since I was AND remain convinced that Wilson IS THE BETTER QB....but those 3 guys were already singing his praises when I joined the board, so kudos to them! :);)

#402 patleahy, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

And the Jets take the highest rated DT...

REVISion, azhar80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

I can see that too, except for what you said about where Jones was probably going to get drafted. I was just curious why that poster thought it couldn't be Lance. I may be mistaken, but since the Shanahan offense is QB friendly, I don't think it's Garoppalo's processing or mental aspects that they're unhappy with. I think it may be his lack of accuracy and arm strength. That's why I think it's probably Fields or Lance, but it could be Jones.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I'm basing everything I said on this Pro Day, not game footage. I've watched Wilson play, and I've gone on record and said to me he is just as talented or better than T Lawrence.
    I just found it weird that on scripted plays, with no defense, he is not releasing the ball earlier. Again that's what I seen. I seen his quick release, and throwing motion, strength, ability to move also, but the media has that covered so I'm not mentioning that.
    What I'm trying to say is these Pro Days are scripted and made to sell the QB. Wilson looked good but not as great as the media is hyping it up to be. Go and watch Sam's Pro Day and how hes throwing the ball in the rain.

I like Wilson but the amount of extra hype is out of control. He had a great year, but does have injury concerns. I just want the Team to get this right and not be pressured into taking a QB with faults. As we know Jet fans are not patient, so if Wilson is picked and is a bust, it will set the Franchise 3-5years back.

6. NCJetsfan

SF didn't trade up to take a WR. I think they're taking a QB, so it will be QBs at 1-3. If Atlanta doesn't take a QB, then I think it will be a mistake unless they just don't like one of the QBs.

7. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

That wouldn’t be good for his longevity. He’s a better passer than Cam. Field’s running is compliment not a supplement.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'd like to remind people that if we are staying at #2 we could still be taking Fields or Sewell. Rumors are just rumors at this point.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

0.000000% chance we take Sewell. I would bet my life savings on it.

Edit: if we do take Sewell then the Jets need a new GM and I need some cash.

NYJFOREVER, REVISion, ouchy and 4 others like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree about your analysis of Wilson. Watch the JT O'Sullivan 3 analysis videos. He points it out.

12. NCJetsfan

I was the last of those three. The first time I saw Wilson was vs Coastal Carolina and wasn't really impressed. It was my respect for ColoradoContrails and Revision and their opinion, plus my curiosity about all the QBs that led to my watching more video of Wilson, and I immediately began seeing what they were talking about. I still waffled for a while because I really liked Fields and Lance, but the more I watched and read, the clearer it became to me that Wilson was the right QB.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Great vid...thanks for sharing. Never gets old. I wonder what Simms would say about Zack's proday. I only ask b/c I saw a few things that bothered me, and I wonder if Simms would see the same things.

Plenty of really good/great throws to get excieted over. I love how he floats left then throws a 40-50 yard bomb to the opposite hash with just a flick of his wrist. Beautiful stuff.

But the thing that bothered me most is Zack seemed to be a helmet thrower...he throws right at the guy. He didn't really lead anyone on crossing routes, WR had to turn back to Zack to real the ball in...ball was thrown right at the WR's head. I didn't see the usual 'back shoulder' throw, the lead the WR on the run throw. Zack seemed to be a body mass-center thrower. Maybe w/o a DB in the way it didn't matter. He didn't really have to be special with his ball placement at a 'proday'? Anyone else see this?

(I'm 10 pages behind in the thread so maybe this gets discussed after page 11)

azhar80 likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I just watched all the throws from this Pro Day. I saw some posts scoffing at this performance, and to be frank I also don't put as much stock into Pro Days as compared to actual season, but this was a REALLY GOOD workout. He showcased accuracy, made a lot of difficult throws, threw long passes off balance, across the body, powerful arm, rolling to the left throwing 50+ yards to the right... Yeah, missed a few, but I mean this is pretty much as good a pro day as any QB can hope for. Measured out well. This was a terrific day for Zach Wilson ... and the Jets.

15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Your probably 100.00000% right. And while its far from 100% I imagine once a few years of reality tick by there is a good chance that like failing to draft Quenton Nelson a few years ago after Wilson turns out to not be that great, Fields has a torn up knee, Becton has missed XX games with injury and Sewell is 3 years into a 16 year hall of fame career we'll realize we effed up..... again. What felt like a boring no fun move at the time turned out to have been better in the long run.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I was tipped off about Wilson from Zace, so credit has to go to him (even though he got sideways with some posters here in the past couple of months).

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I said this before: Lance is too much of an unknown at this point. I don't see a team that just gave up what SF did to take a gamble on this guy. It has to be someone who is more of a proven commodity. Most likely Fields, but if not, I think Mac could be in play more than Lance as he makes a really good fit for West Coast system.

To be clear though, I am pretty certain it will be Fields, and he could also learn for a season behind G.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I definitely agree with you about the hype. I don't remember the ridiculous fanfare around any pro day like this in the past. I know it's mainly due to a lack of NFL Combine but still, it is out of control. I watched the pro day a few hours ago and had to mute the TV.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As they say in the software biz: That's a feature not a bug!:p

In all seriousness, I think this is how he throws, and I think it has to do with not wanting to put it where a DB can get it. It shows good "tight window" ability IMO. Pro receivers shouldn't have a problem with this.

REVISion likes this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Is Zace serving a timeout? I expected him to be all over this thread during the Pro Day event.

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.