Happy Birthday, Brandon Marshall!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Mar 23, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the memories and great play and for recruiting players for us in FA!

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We haven't had anything close to that excitement since.

Brandon Marshall was amazing in 2015 for the Jets. I think he made the Pro Bowl, right? Eric Decker (who caught the game winning TD that game) was also incredible. Such a fun season.

It is still really disappointing that Fitz and the team had to have an off day Week 17 to ruin the playoff push, because they were on fire. I think they could have made a run.

Marshall really was a great Jet that season though. Said all the right things, made all the big plays. Couldn't ask for much more. Happy Birthday, #15!

bicketybam and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Despite all of the great moments he had during that season I'll never forget when he dropped that ball that hit him right in the hands to start the Buffalo game. It was the epitome of the start of a classic Same Ol' Jets performance.

dawinner127 and ouchy like this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't really think of Brandon Marshall as a Jet. Every time I think of him is when he was getting owned by Revis when he was with the Dolphins. He was one of the Big Time Receivers in that string of games where the term Revis Island was coined in '99.

When Marshall was traded to the Jets I knew the real reason he wanted to be here was so he didn't have to fly across the country to do Inside the NFL. He had some good games with the Jets but like JV mentions, he also had a library of screwups that came from lack of focus and lack of commitment to the game. When the Jets cut him, I knew the only team he would sign for was the Giants because his TV career was all that actually mattered to him.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

This topic definitely deserves it's own thread. I think Vladimir Ducasse has a birthday coming up here in a short bit. Don't forget to jump on that thread too.

Centiment and abyzmul like this.
  6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You seem to complain about threads a lot...

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

Brandon Marshall is fools gold. he literally cost us 3 - 4 wins that season, one way or another. he fumbled that lateral against Philly and we lost by the margin resulting from that play, he cost us that game against the Pats by dropping the 3rd down pass right in the numbers. he catches that, we run out the clock and win the game. he didn't, we kicked a fg, and brady took the ball and beat us.

there was another game or two he lost with a stupid or dumb play also.

plus he blew up our locker room a year later.

there is a reason a player as good as he was never played in a single playoff game. he chocks and does too many dumb things when it counts.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the thing is he sucks at TV. he ruined his NFL career for nothing

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree Marshall sucks. Him and Fitzpatrick both never made the playoffs ever, its no surprise they both choked when we had a shot to clinch

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We never would have been as good as we were if it weren't for him. He was both blessing and curse.

11. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

i 100% agree with this statement.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Tsk, every proper Jets fan (like me) knows that Vlad’s birthday is in October.

NCJetsfan likes this.