Fields, Wilson, Jones, Trask, Lance (Volume 2)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Mar 1, 2021.

?

What do you pick?

1. Fields

15.8%
  2. Wilson

50.0%
  3. Darnold

17.5%
  4. Other - Explain

7.0%
  5. Watson - Up to 3 1st's.

9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I'd love to believe this because it'd make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but it's contradictory on its face.

If the Jets really do value Wilson higher than Lawrence, then there's absolutely no reason to add the "as long as there isn't a trade" caveat - there's zero chance in hell that they move #2 if the Jets have Wilson as QB1 in this draft.

azhar80 and REVISion like this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It would also explain why the Jets had 0 interest in completing the (0-16) tank for Lawrence.

I doubt Joe Douglas would let information like that leak, so we will take it with a grain of salt, but it is definitely interesting if true.

Of course, he could leak that to drive up the price for the #2 pick. He could do it to pressure Jacksonville into taking Wilson, so he ends up with Lawrence. You never know.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Shithead Cimini the Jet hater stirring the pot and not finishing the quote....Corey Davis the entire response wasn’t included: "Whichever direction they decide to go, it's on me to be ready."

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

5. matt robinson 17

"Zach Wilson wasn't a Captain at BYU" Rich Shithead Cimini

[​IMG]

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Hey Guys don't kill the messenger.

azhar80 likes this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

That whole captain thing was just bizarre.

Honestly though, the Davis quote doesn't mean much in my opinion. It's draft season and the Jets beat is thirsty for ANYTHING because they don't get inside info anymore since Douglas runs a tight ship and shithead Gase is gone.

8. matt robinson 17

Don't know how a Jet hater can be a Jet beat writer

LAJet and NYJFOREVER like this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

Stirs up controversy and generates clicks. The best Jets content out there right now comes from independent bloggers.

matt robinson 17 and REVISion like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

And we now have two with Metha replacement. Daily News interview. "Do you like the Jets?". "No I hate them". "Good you are hired."

azhar80, K'OB and matt robinson 17 like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't agree with your rating Fields higher than Wilson, but I understand your reasoning, and it sure gives me pause in my own opinion. But, having paused, I still like Wilson the best, although would not be unhappy if Fields is the pick. Nor really unhappy, as long as Douglas does take a QB he believes can be the long lost FQB we've been wanting for decades.

Borat and matt robinson 17 like this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's what they call fake news. The key point here is that Cimini reports that he signed with the Jets "based on the understanding" it will be Sam. This was not the base for his signing at all, and he actually said what was in the same interview. He signed because of Saleh. That was the reason why he signed and he clearly stated this to the point where an honest reporter simply cannot deny this. Now, it is true he thinks Sam is going to be the QB, but he said specifically that's not the reason for signing.

The entire report of his signing being based on Sam being the starter is just a lie. There is no connection between his signing the contract and Sam being the QB. There simply isn't, not sure how anyone with integrity can conclude and disseminate otherwise..

13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If anyone signs here before the draft based on who they think the starter is going to be, then they're not making a sound decision on their part.

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I love how people just conveniently act like Darnold sucked because of Darnold.
    He was supposed to be blah blah and totally disregard the actual shitshow of personnell, coaching ownership around him.

It's like do you even watch? Are you living in reality? Jesus fc..

papapump, ouchy, azhar80 and 4 others like this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I know Legler knows a thing or two about QBs, but so does Tim Jenkins and Chris Simms. Amazingly enough, their rankings of top 5 are nearly identical, and top 3 are exactly the same. According to Simms and Jenkins respectively:
    1) Wilson 2) Lawrence 3) Mac 4) Mond 5) Fields.
    1) Wilson 2) Lawrence 3) Mac 4) Fields 5) Mond.

Both feel Lawrence will go #1, given factors other than performance and talent, but feel Zach is the top QB talent in the draft. Fields, on the other hand, is a top 5 QB, but not top 3. JT O'Sullvian also just had a review of Zach a few days back and gushed more about him than I heard in any other of his QB breakdowns. I personally like Fields, too, but all things considered, including the opinion of aficionados of QB position, who actually took time to review and break down multiple games, advanced pff stats, watching every play of the said QBs, I think Zach should be a clear front runner for #2 overall at this time, and we may actually be lucky to get him.

REVISion and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Being the youngest QB to ever start an opener and spending all three years without a QB coach, in addition to abysmal coaching in his three seasons. That's definitely had something to do with it. Has he helped himself? No, but at the same time I don't think that it's impossible for him to turn into a good NFL QB either.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think we'd get the 2nd either, but then I think we'd be lucky to move up from 23 to 12 without having to give SF a pick or two.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm not advocating for Darnold. But I've never seen a QB actually regress each year like Sam did in Gase's system. I can see him not improving from year to year - but regressing in years 2 and 3? There has to be something to that. Gase was a curse.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

20. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

If we draft Wilson at 2, it would be nice to arm him with some weapons. We can start by trading into the top 10 to select Pitts. If Pitts is somehow gone, I would take Waddle. The 23rd pick is useless when you have this type of talent sitting there within reach. Trade #23 plus whatever to get Pitts. There is nobody right now at 23 who comes close to Pitts in terms of need and talent at that position. You can keep your 2nd round guards or whatever, I prefer to have Pitts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.