Draft Profile - Kyle Pitts

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Mar 21, 2021.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Draft Profile - TE Kyle Pitts
    Like and Subscribe to my growing channel TGG

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't wanna be the Ty Law 98 speed in madden guy, but Pitts is literally not stoppable in the redzone in madden

PennyandtheJets and FJF like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m almost completely on the try to trade to 4 , take pitts and run it back with Sam.
    That would give us 3 1s in 2022 and a skill roster of pitts,crowder,mims, and Davis Either Sam succeeds or we have a nice seasoned group for the 2022 rookie

4. NYJalltheway

I'm down for that. Problem is your need to have a trade partner.

5. FJF

Hope Atlanta will come up for Wilson/fields is the only way.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If you think Pitts is worth the #4 pick in this loaded draft then you should also be comfortable taking him at #2. If push came to shove, would you take him at #2?

7. FJF

Pitts at 2 isn’t the same as Pitts plus extra draft picks at 4. If your dead set on not taking a qb and you can’t find a trade partner than yea , I’d take Pitts at 2 but for overall value I’d trade down and risk losing Pitts over taking Pitts at 2.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Awesome work man.

However, I would never take a TE in the first round - like ever. History has shown that a large percentage of first round TEs become average players in the NFL.

I understand that Pitts is super talented. Just not the strategy I would employ.

PennyandtheJets and ouchy like this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The is a good point. I really think JD/LeFleur want Pitts but not sure they will take him because its too high - even with a trade down to 4.

The 49ers scored Kittle in the 5th round.

REVISion likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If we didn't have a question mark at QB, I'd be all for taking him with our 1st rounder or after a trade down. But, we do and as mentioned above, good TE's frequently come after round 1.

REVISion and ouchy like this.
  11. Lon Chaney

Off the top of my head last decade or so: Njoku, Engram, Enron, Howard, Hurst, Fant, Hockenson, Eifert.

Going back, none of those teams would use a first round pick on any of these players.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand your position, but disagree. It's like posters not wanting Fields because he played at Ohio St. IMO one shouldn't have "nevers" when it comes to positions and schools for players in the draft. Pitts is supposedly the best receiver in the draft, and the best player. He is as close as there probably is to a sure thing. There's no way that he will bust. He is a mismatch waiting to happen. He has size, speed, route running, and great hands.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Pitts in a trade back I would definitely all in on. However, I would still trade Sam because he’s not very good and get even more draft capital. Sign Alex Smith and draft a QB next year just like KC did. Get Pitts at 4 and take Toney at 23 now you potentially have the same recipe KC had on the field Pitts/Kittle Toney/Hill Fisher/Becton with Alex smith holding down the Fort for 2 seasons.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  14. Lon Chaney

I agree about not wanting players from certain schools at specific positions. I never liked, nor used, that argument.

However, I think this is a little different. It's more about positional value for me. I personally don't value the TE position enough to spend a first round pick there. Look at the list above your last post. All those guys were can't miss TE prospects. Some have had good careers so far. Not one of them has had a "first round" career. Could Pits be different? Maybe. I don't know. But I wouldn't bet a high first round pick to find out. I remember OJ Howard was supposed to be the second coming of Gronk.

Oh, and how could I forget Dustin Keller lol. I mean, I can forget him, that's how underwhelming his career was.

15. NYJalltheway

I mean DK was a pretty good tight end for us though. I can name tons of other worse highly drafted players than him.

FJF and Lon Chaney like this.
  16. Lon Chaney

Without a doubt. I liked Keller. But do you want to spend a first round pick (one we traded up for) on a receiving only TE that will give you 50 catches and 600 yards a year? That's not a great use of premium resources IMO.

Plus the dude was like 24 when we drafted him.

17. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Appreciate the compliment and I agree that it is a risky proposition. Just remember, this dude is more than a TE. He played a ton on the outside.

FJF and Lon Chaney like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but none of those TEs were even in the same area code as Pitts, including Keller. Fant and Hockenson perhaps were the closest, but they weren't the playmaker that Pitts is.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  19. Lon Chaney

How about this: If Pitts runs under a 4.4 at his Pro Day next week I will start the petition to draft him lol.

20. NYJalltheway

You're not wrong. I don't think it's a position that should ever be taken with a top 10 pick imo no matter how good they seem.