Jets Sign TE Tyler Kroft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 19, 2021.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The fact that he didn't give a ringing endorsement after the season ended tells me that he's leaning towards moving on from Sam.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, and the fact that he changed from Sam being an untouchable to taking calls regarding trading him, definitely points to the fact that Sam is on the way out the door.

3. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

No. Just trying to drum up business. Higher offers for the #2 if they keep everything open. Haven't heard anything from Sam. He and JD have the same agent. They may move on the quotes mean nothing at the point.

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Kroft probably our best signing so far

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

When is this team gonna invest in a real pass catching Tight End...We keep brigning in these mediocre stop gap players.

Jets69 and PJ4Ever like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

How in the heck is he our best signing? SMH

PJ4Ever likes this.
  7. Khan

Khan Active Member

That's not a great assumption considering Jamal Adams was meant to be a "Jet for life" and he also endorsed Robby Anderson and Le'Veon before last season lol

8. Rockinz

He’s the only guy that wasn’t a bust for the organization that drafted them..

Jets69 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

I don't know why I should be surprised at your reaction and responses. You're the king of "boom or bust" prospects. You see everything in black and white. There's no gray or middle ground with you, and I'm sorry, but that's just wrong and silly. Just because a WR doesn't put up crazy yards or TDs doesn't mean that he's a bust. Lots of WRs are good players, and solid contributors, but they're not stars. Not every player can be a star. That doesn't mean that they're not good, contributing players. One has to look at the situations they were in. Lawson had a lot of injuries early in his career, so didn't get a lot of playing time. Since it was the Bengals, I also have to wonder about the scheme and coaching he received. He got lots of pressures and hits on opposing QBs, those can be just as effective as sacks because they can frustrate a QB and cause him to throw interceptions. I'll bet his sack numbers are a good bit higher this season.

Davis had the misfortune to play for a team whose offense revolved around a power rushing attack and not passing the ball a lot, plus they haven't had a topnotch QB since McNair. Neither Mariota or Tannehill have exactly lit up the NFL.

#49 NCJetsfan, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    PJ4Ever likes this.
  10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

LOL

REVISion likes this.
  11. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Well just give him a chance there!

12. Rockinz

Nah AJ Brown did fine in that offence because he’s good. Corey Davis is a possession back shoulder guy. That’s it. He’s 1 dimensional and that makes him easy to cover.

Lawson is a decent player but a ban aid. I can’t stand band aids..

by the way all my boom or bust prospects turned out pretty darn good wouldn’t you say? Like Josh Allen and DK Metcalf. If we had those 2 on the Jets we’d be in pretty good shape.

#52 Rockinz, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Why do Jets fans think every move the team makes is the best one and the right one???-Ive never seen anything like it.They sign a bust and people go find youtube hightlight videos from there high school season and try to convince everyone how great the move was.

Jets69 likes this.
  14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

My reply addresses the stats. How good would a backup TE’s receiving stats be? It’s not reflective of whether he’s a decent receiver or not.

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Oh come on YouTube highlights are a inside look at how great the player really is LOL, always look forward to YouTube highlights