Isiah Wilson is BACK on the FA market again

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by patleahy, Mar 20, 2021.

1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

REVISion likes this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Ya I was on board before but now he already messed up a fresh start with Miami. He’s too high maintenance

patleahy likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You were seriously on board that train wreck? I guess it fits with your take on the rest of FA.

ZachMFWilson and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It was funny seeing the Fins cut a guy they just traded for, but it was for character reasons so I’d say he’s got about a 0% of coming here.

patleahy likes this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There are some things it is easy to do. You get a gold star without having to prove anything else in the process.

Show up on time. Everybody hates the person who is late and wasting everybody else's time. Even a good excuse doesn't fix this because then everybody has to hear the excuse repeated ad nauseum, wasting more time in the process.

Show up on time. It's the easiest thing in the world to do if it is important to you. And if it is not well everybody feels the disrespect oozing off of you.

If you are late multiple times just don't bother to show up. Everybody gets that you don't want to be there and they'll help you out with that sooner or later.

6. Rockinz

When I heard the story originally I felt he was a local kid that needed a change of scenery because the dude was a bulldozer in college! An absolute mauler! But now it’s obvious he’s just a moron.

Ya I really have been underwhelmed by our FA moves. Cory Davis is a bust... Lawson is a band aid... Cole made one good catch in his career... not really much to be excited about really.

PJ4Ever and patleahy like this.
  7. abyzmul

Your comments make it apparent that you don't really know much of anything about these players. Which would also fit with your take.

ZachMFWilson and Mogriffjr like this.
  8. patleahy

Kudos for owning up to your original take on him, Rockinz. You certainly weren't the only one. There were several posters who were intrigued by his 1st round status, who thought we might be able to get a steal on him, but it sure seems like he has serious issues and has zero desire to play football. Can't believe a physically talented guy drafted in the 1st round would just waste an entire NFL career, but it seems like that is what Wilson is on the verge of doing. Unbelievable. This guy is going to go down as one of the biggest 1st round busts of all-time, lol.

Rockinz likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fix title to read Isiah Wilson’s career is over please

patleahy likes this.
  10. patleahy

wow some of the stuff in that article about Wilson is so absurd as to be difficult to believe...

Wilson showed up several hours late for his Dolphins physical and orientation, and skipped two optional workouts he had just committed to attending, according to the Miami Herald.

While he was still with the Titans last year, he was charged with DUI after being spotted doing donuts in a busy Nashville intersection before crashing into a concrete wall. He also went months without speaking to anybody within the Titans organization last season, refusing to respond to calls and text messages. This past Friday, social media videos showed Wilson dancing shirtless, in the middle of the day, on top of a car parked in a strip mall parking lot at an undisclosed location.

REVISion likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

To be fair though, how much have these signings really improved our team so far? IMO Lawson is the one player that can really make a difference if he pans out.

Davis over Perriman is great because Perriman gets hurt every year. But talent wise its not a big improvement. Cole is somewhere behind Crowder and ahead of Burrios. We got a great gunner, that is a score. The rest are mostly depth guys. I'd still say were are around one of the least talented rosters in the league. I'm sure its all part of a master plan but people thinking we have really improved so far in FA are mistaken.

patleahy likes this.
  12. patleahy

FJF, did you read some of that crazy stuff about this dude in the article I linked? Insane, and yet there were zero character concerns about him coming out of UGA., where he apparently never got into trouble with either the coaching staff or with the university or the local cops. Strange, very strange.

13. patleahy

Good point, Rockinz. He showed enough at UGA to be a first round draft pick, and there weren't even any whispers about him being a character concern heading into that draft, so I think it is fair to say that NOBODY expected Wilson to act like this to begin his NFL career.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

A little overhyped so far by people.Cory Davis seems like a good player...We still have to many big holes to fill.He is going to have to hit on every pick in the draft the first 4 rounds.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He is exactly the kind of player JD and RS would never, ever want in our team.

REVISion, NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  16. abyzmul

With the one dimensional (and somewhat juvenile) way you compare players, it's easy to shoot down the signings. These players directly fit the schemes that are being installed by the new CS, compared to the existing or previous players who would be absolute terrible fits, like Berrios.

We also have instant superior production on STs with 2 of them and a TE that can seal the edge, which we've been lacking for a long time.

When you compare 2 players in a vacuum, it makes you look stupid, man. I know you're not, so don't do that. The schemes are being overhauled on both sides of the LOS and they have different needs than the previous schemes.

ouchy and Mogriffjr like this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Fair enough. However, I don't think I'm shooting the signings down? But I'm not pumping them up by showing the 2 great plays they made over the last 2 seasons, or whipping out some obscure stat about being 3rd in the league in 2nd quarter shotgun formations in the...you get the picture.

I conceded that Cole makes sense because he is a better scheme fit. However, the scheme is starting to worry me, and I am a run first guy. Maybe when we get more pieces in place I'll feel better about it.

patleahy likes this.
  18. patleahy

^^I understand what you are saying Ouchy.

ouchy likes this.
  19. Rockinz

I know I never heard of Lawson till we signed him and that’s not good if your a pass rusher. He’s been hurt and wasn’t very good last year in his only season in 4 years he didn’t miss a game. Any Titans fan will tell you Davis was a bust and never lived up to his top 10 draft stock. Hence why they let him walk. Cole was third fiddle to Dede Westbrook and DJ Chark, enough said. I’m not sure what there is to like...

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Dude, seriously? Davis a bust? ROFLMAO Lawson a band aid? One good catch in his career for Cole?

Everything doesn't have to be orgasmic in FA and the draft. I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get a better OG, but those are the breaks. I'm not saying that JD made a mistake in that regard, because there may have been very good reasons why JD didn't have any interest in Gabe Jackson or Kevin Zeitler, or maybe he did, but was rebuffed because neither player wanted to play for the Jets. But even if JD did make a mistake by not trying to sign one of those OGs, JD is human, and like all humans, he makes mistakes. Even the best GMs make mistakes. The important thing is learning from those mistakes.

JD added the first true Edge rusher we've had in what, 20 years? Even if he had done nothing else, that would have been an excellent addition/improvement to our roster. You're going to wind up eating your words this season when you see Lawson play. The same goes for Davis. He is a great fit in our scheme, is a very good WR and a very good blocker. He is going to help in both the passing attack and rushing attack. If we get Wilson in the draft, it would not surprise me at all next year if both Davis and Mims had 1,000 yard receiving seasons. Cole is probably the best 4th WR we've ever had. Heck, he's better than a lot of our #2s and even some of our #1s. He will contribute both on offense and STs.

#20 NCJetsfan, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    PJ4Ever likes this.