Free Agent News & Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 15, 2021.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

His fa last year were terrible . Other then Becton and maybe Mims. His draft class was not good

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I just want pressure on him to win. This guy is sleeping and snoozing with no pressure to win for the 2nd year in a row. When is he suppose to put a winning team ? 3 years ? 4 years ? This team is right now the worst roster in the NFL. A rookie QB next year ain’t going to change that

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Putting pressure on the GM to win now, when a complete rebuild was necessary, is what got us into the mess that we're currently in. All of Douglas' most recent predecessors have tried the quick fix approach (or, my favorite, the "competitive rebuild"), and we've seen how that has worked out. This team has needed to be completely torn down for the better part of a decade, and now we're finally in that process. Would I like for him to be a bit more aggressive? Maybe, but so far the moves he's made in FA have been good and there is still a lot of talent still out there. I'm willing to see how this thing goes for the next couple of years because we've tried it the other way over and over again and it's yielded absolutely nothing in the way of results.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Sleeping and snoozing might not be a bad thing compared to giving big money to Bell, Mosley, and Johnson.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If this is true, we’re destined to fail. And so far it sure as hell seems true.

6. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

LOL

7. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Change is scary. We Jets fans are used to "competitive rebuilds" and "winning" the off-season. It's very scary when a GM tries something different. But it's ok, we'll get through this together.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

we’ve been saying this for 10 years

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Jets get Devonta Smith, I'll pack Crowder's bags and drive him to the airport, but that unrealistic as I think Smith will probably go top 10 and we won't be picking him.

Juju I can do without, the guy is a pinhead and I think those are the guys Douglas is avoiding.

You keep downplaying Crowder but 700yds 12YPC and 6TDs is pretty difficult to get as a slot when you're the only target and the entire defense knows it all year.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

See above comment

11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Massively overspending like the patriots is how you become an awful team. I’d obviously like more but signing someone like Hunter Henrry to 45mm deal doesn’t make us that much better. We still need to chop away at our core, hope they can bring on a OL and I’d be happy with this FA

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

God I’m getting so sick of reading the experts tweets about JD and spreading BS about how to best build a team and how to spend the cap. Most all starting with Pauline fancy themselves experts at free agency and the draft and how to be GMs. Shit, he couldn’t orchestrate a one car funeral.

K'OB, NYGANGGREEN, chandler and 2 others like this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is where I'm at. Do I wish JD pursued an established center or guard a bit more aggressively? Sure. Would I still like a CB? Sure. But overall he's done the right things by signing young, high ceiling, high character guys at fair prices.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Building a foundation for a building is one of the most boring things to watch. And then having to wait for the cement to dry. But it's the only way to build a solid structure.

NYGANGGREEN, ouchy, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You were the lead cheerleader for Mosely and Bell and now we're doing something different after that strategy failed and we're now destined to fail because of a change in strategy?

#1035 Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't think he will sit on all this cap space. He will make a few more moves, but I am not surprised he did not go crazy signing players left and right like the Pats did.
    Yeah, I am sure it is in the plans. I think it is frustrating the fans to have the cap space and not use it to fill so many holes. More moves are coming though. They have to be. I think the Patriots signing so many players while the Jets have signed far less is upsetting fans too.
    Yeah, I get that thought process too. Drafting a rookie QB prolongs the lack of pressure to win as well. Still, I think Douglas is trying to build the team the right way. Fans need to give him a chance. If you see progress being made in 2021 (which I expect) we should be happy. Jets fans have watched enough losing for a life time, and I want to win ASAP too, but I trust Douglas' process. I think he can turn around things faster than you'd expect too.

17. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I agree, but i read he did go after thuney agressively but KC got him with a huge deal and better team overall.

REVISion likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm still hoping for Keanu Neal and a corner.

barfolomew likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I LOVE those early bird dinners at Dennys! I'm with ya. I got pot roast, garlic bread, and black coffee for $4.99! And it's Denny's so we don't even have to leave a tip!

20. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This makes me so happy!!!

go fuck yourselves

Free agency is fools gold

Falco21 and NYGANGGREEN like this.