Build around Sam

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I dunno. I can't keep track of them either. Everthing like this I post is just in case it has some validity.

2. NCJetsfan

3. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I think if JD doesnt get the pick or picks hes looking for Darnold could sadly be back, but that just means he has to win the job in TC against a rookie I would guess. Im really starting to come around to Lance if we decide to trade back and then snag him would be amazing. Get a Qb get more picks and keep plugging away, get a TE, IOL, RB, CB...

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If Washington was legitimately interested in trading a decently high pick for Darnold Fitzpatrick wouldn’t change that. You trade for Darnold because you believe he is a potential long term solution; signing Fitz isn’t a substitute for that.

point being I don’t think they were ever seriously considering Darnold to begin with so it’s ridiculous to raise the question that JD has somehow cost himself a viable trade partner.

hornblower, westiedog1, cval and 2 others like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Methinks JD blew this one and blew it badly.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How so? You think WFC had some great offer on the table for Darnold that will be impossible for JD to get from another team?

hornblower and PJ4Ever like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Does that mean the asking price is too high?

I highly doubt there are legitimate offers of a second round pick or higher out there or else he'd be gone.

9. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Could mean teams know we were never in a rush so they are playing it coy and hoping to get a steal. Could be drawn out on both sides

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if Sam goes anywhere until after the pro days of all rookie QBs.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If JD is planning on trading down 'some', the worse thing he can do is trade Sam now and go into the draft with no QB on the roster. That would tell the entire NFL exactly what JDs plans are in the draft. Other teams would know with 100% certainty JD's drafting a QB where ever his pick is. That can drive a team to trade ahead of JD and take his guy.

If JD still has Sam under contract, those other QB needy teams may stay put hoping a QB falls past the Jets to them. Having Sam throws some uncertainty into the whole draft process, which could in turn allow JD to trade down a bit further, increase his windfall, and STILL get his guy. This is a game JD LOVES to play...out fox his fellow GMs.

JD could trade Sam within minutes of grabbing his new QB. Until then, Sam is just too big a pawn in this game of chess.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and JetBlue like this.
  12. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Take it easy with the Kotite smack. Just saying...[/QUOTE]

I apologize.

Kotite's Revenge likes this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This tweet is so vague. Creates more questions than answers.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Maybe. One thing I like about all of this is the media has no clue what the fuck we're doing. Weren't we supposed to be reportedly big players for Linsley and Will Fuller? Signed Corey Davis and see below.

Tough to really take any of the media reports seriously because we're finally not leaking all of our shit.

hornblower, K'OB and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But somebody just told me in the other thread we have been trying to get a centre and move Mcgovern to guard since 2020.

I mean, you would check out the price of this guy if you were dumping Mcgovern surely :rolleyes:

16. NCJetsfan

He definitely could have with both Washington and Chicago now out of the running.

17. NCJetsfan

18. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Stop it with this lance guy. Who was the last QB from NDS? O Wentz. Anyone can throw for a thousand yards a week when you don't have a guy within a zip code near you. Stop it already with Lance an Wilson, Neither one of them would have been better than Darnold durirng Darnold's draft day. Bottom line is our OL sucked and Mims played like 3 games leaving us with a terrible terrible team. I aint giiving us on Sam until we see what he can do with the west coast QB friendly system and some players he can throw the ball to.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The Jets are not waiting. We all saw the conference where JD said he will be listening for the offers. The most obvious conclusion is that Washington simply preferred signing Fitz to trading for Sam. Jets are not waiting, they are simply not getting good offers. That first round pick offer Schefter pulled out of his ass is not coming. Fitzpatrick simply gives Washington a lot more stability than Sam does and they don't need to spend a pick to get him. A rather obvious move.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  20. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.