Free Agent News & Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 15, 2021.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Where are you getting the money to be so aggressive? We have roughly 50 million left in cap before rookies. That puts us at around 35-38. Wilson will literally count for over 75% of the remaining money. There is no money to go around after you make that move. There is no way this is a good plan.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Have to like what the Jets have done with FA's so far. Filling needs with players who you can build around. Much smarter than throwing dough at the shiny penny big names [LeVeon Bell] that are only coming to cash in for a year or two.

3. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I guess you missed the Pats signing ten guys with less money than us lmao ok. And there are always ways to make more money in the NFL, we literally have 4 guys rn we can cut and that are possibly going to get cut before the day is over that would free up another 15m or more. Lewis isnt worth his contract, Griffin isnt either and a backup at that etc

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. dawinner127

The Pats had more money than us going into FA.

5. dawinner127

This is probably frustrating the hell out of agents who are used to us just throwing cash around like it's nothing

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  6. NYGANGGREEN

I absolutely love what we have done so far tbh, I would like a CB and a IOL if poss that would be amazing. If not on to the draft were we have a bunch of picks and can get more if we trade down as well.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. NYGANGGREEN

No they didnt bro lol it was known around everywhere that we had more money it wasnt by much but with the carry over we had almost 70 i think they had 68 and even if that was flipped thats only a 2m diff they just made a bunch of moves so tell me more about that cap space we didnt have now?

8. NYGANGGREEN

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The Jets have a lot of picks this year. Tonyan was only given a 2nd round tender. I think it'd be a great move for the Jets to offer him a deal the Packers can't match. Kids a stud. I would be rooting for the Pats to do it if they hadn't just signed Henry.

blackssmagic likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this one. There's no way we should trade for Wilson. That only makes sense if we are already a contender, and we aren't even close. Watson makes sense since he is only 25. Trading all the capital it would take to get a 32-year old QB would be a fireable offense. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about JD doing that.

11. NYGANGGREEN

yeah its gotta be they would use us to drive up their clients price pt knowing damn well they were never coming here, that's long gone now!

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. NYGANGGREEN

The argument wasnt about wanting to trading for him I didnt say i wanted to, the argument if you go back was about sending them back their first round pick in the 3 way trade another poster brought up. It would never happen, but if that was on the table there is no way I'm passing on Wilson for one pick. That's the argument but its hypothetical at this pt

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

wow couldn't disagree more.
    Wilson is a better QB than Watson, young enough to have a very big window to compete here, and would cost MUCH less draft capital in that example.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  14. dawinner127

It was both 1st round picks and Sam. Not just 1 first.

Anyways enough hijacking this thread. We can agree to disagree about Wilson, but it seems like we are all in agreement about the moves JD has made so far! Let's keep it rolling.

15. NCJetsfan

No, they didn't. They were #3. We were #2.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  16. NYGANGGREEN

More than enough of a window esp when the QB position if protected right can play into their late 30s easily, he is one of the best and is still in his prime age aint nothing but a number. I agree with you idk how Jets fan can pass up on a top tier QB watching the shit that has passed through here over the years. I value draft picks, but I'm not crazy lmao. Anyway Hawks would never send him away for one first round pick so we can sweep this under the rug.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. NYGANGGREEN

19. NCJetsfan

Huh? The Jets were #2 and the Patriots were #3. It has been widely reported for months that the only team with more cap space than the Jets was the Jags. The link you posted affirms that.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It's less than 1M dollar difference, it's practically the same.

One team is going all in to try to win while the other is trying to build something sustainable. Throwing around money like the Patriots are almost never works.